• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#136 Ben-J

Ben-J

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:54 PM

Graham those Cube items in your picture are out of a Selection Box called 'World Cube', we had it last year so I recognized the items.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unless the items are sold separately?

no, i didnt get the world cube box, they were sold seperatly :)
looks nice though.. i was impressed with the cube stuff so i might look into getting it next year

Edited by Graham, 10 November 2008 - 07:57 PM.

#137 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:18 PM

that video is only half of the display . sadly i hadnt time to set up my camera and if i had the rain would have ruined it :-( however heres some more footage taken with another camera on the night , both cameras got pretty much all the display

the display was fired by 3 people including me, all cakes were set out in a grid and bagged and staked then it was just a case of walking down the lines lighting as and when with me pressing buttons on a electric system for some of them , the ending was 12 king rockets with 5 sky thrillers and 2 or 3 kimbolton amber glows thrown in with 4 and 5 inch shells preceded by 4 wild horses and 6 screaming spiders

next year will be better organized and roll on new years eve

#138 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:21 PM

that video is only half of the display . sadly i hadnt time to set up my camera and if i had the rain would have ruined it :-( however heres some more footage taken with another camera on the night , both cameras got pretty much all the display

the display was fired by 3 people including me, all cakes were set out in a grid and bagged and staked then it was just a case of walking down the lines lighting as and when with me pressing buttons on a electric system for some of them , the ending was 12 king rockets with 5 sky thrillers and 2 or 3 kimbolton amber glows thrown in with 4 and 5 inch shells preceded by 4 wild horses and 6 screaming spiders

next year will be better organized and roll on new years eve

Is it possible to remotely fire rockets?

#139 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

yes though i wasnt doing that i was firing the shells , the rockets were fired with a "professional" blowtorch that many pro firers use
or

to remote fire rockets is no harder than remote firing cakes or candles , they all have a fuse and all ignite pretty much the same way , a "Launch Kontrol" system will light any visco fuse on any firework and anything up to 20 or 30 items with 1 button press if you buy multiple receivers to work off 1 remote control

or

http://www.transtool...orch-piezo.html

its a little tougher than regular blowtorches and stands up better to rough use and accidental hits with bits of UFOs burns really hot and is capable of lighting several rockets fuses in succession and if its dropped the gas cuts off

#140 Alexander Martin

Alexander Martin

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

Here's my pics from last Sunday!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

All went well. Was disappointed with a lot of the older Men Shun barrages but to my surprise, the new ones seemed to have better effects. The worst barrages had to have been the supermarket ones. The Fission cakes were poor but I fired 2 together which made it seem half decent. The Space Attack cake was rubbish, half filled with polystyrene!

P.S. All of my rockets were absolute rubbish. Do not buy any from BrightStar!

#141 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

I do like the rack for the rockets!

#142 Alexander Martin

Alexander Martin

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

Cheers man but they were poor. Some of the Aldi Weco rockets didn't even explode! The Sainsbury's High Fidelity were terrible also. The worst had to be the Brightstar ones. I even watched a video in my seasonal store of the Polar Punisher rockets and they looked pretty good. I must have been ripped off as they didn't do a lot at all considering the size of the shells!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users