Photo

The Exhibition Committee would like YOUR help!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

It's really anybody's guess what people will be interested in, as this is our first show...

It's a 'fireworks competition' so hopefully they are people that like fireworks!

I think we need to bring along as wide a range of material as we can, and after the event we can decide what worked and what did not.

Just seeing mortars will be an eye-opener for many, most people think those things that go up in the air are all rockets.

I'll be bringing along old fireworks and firework dummies and also stuff to show some 'rolling' films if we have power - this is not clear yet.
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#32 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

Have little generator here, may have car by then!
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#33 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:06 PM

Good point there Phil. The more versatile material we bring, we'll get a "eye in" for whats needed.Looks like putting my pyro on hold for the mo (well slowing it down a bit)... I'll try and come up with something special
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#34 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:54 AM

It's really anybody's guess what people will be interested in, as this is our first show...

It's a 'fireworks competition' so hopefully they are people that like fireworks!

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what the public's reaction is.

The impression I get from such shows is that the crowd is largely of the "family evening out" variety- they are at a fireworks show for the entertainment value, rather than because they are specific enthusiasts of the hobby itself.

It's not like (eg) a professional wrestling show, where a significant number of people in the crowd will be "clued up" fans.

I'm sure there will be some technically minded people there too, of course.

But yeah, having a stand there is a great idea. I last went there in 2005, and the wait before the show started was literally hours, very very boring as there was little else to do. Any stall there will no doubt get a lot of interest.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#35 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

Have little generator here, may have car by then!

Hi Arthur,

The problem is that we are not sure if MLE will allow us (or any gazebos) to have power - we are waiting for confirmation on this. If they do, it's quite possible that we may be able snaffle some power from somewhere on the site...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#36 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

Good luck tommorrow!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users