Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

Is rain a problem or is it wind?

Both.

It's died down a bit now but it was very windy and bouncing off the floor with rain before, still plenty of fireworks being let off.

#122 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:52 PM

My display was as follows!

Opening-

Wonderwall, from Planet.
Sky Gorillas
The Beast (Epic)

Middle order-

4 Marvel Tomahawk Rockets
4 Paramount Echo Bomb Rockets
3 different pen lid cakes, including TNTs multi colour one (nice).
Out of Control (Cube), Titanium Terror (Guy Fawkes) and Molton Krypton (Cube.)
Digitial Life (Guy Fawkes) , Stealth Bomber (56 shots, Men Shun)
Sky Thriller, Triple Burst rocket (Guy Fawkes) , plus a couple of other big rockets, not much cop.
4 Tomahawk Rockets (Guy Fawkes)

Finale-

2 Triple H Bombs, Six Machine
2 Airboss, Tigers Revenge.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#123 Intoxic8

Intoxic8

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:10 AM

first display got totally washed out was not raining when i put the first cake out and taped then at the 4th one the heavens opened had 5 misfires due to wet fuses. but managed to get them off after. second one went off without a hitch all i can say is new 2008 men shun stuff. about 200% worse than its older flash powder brother. waste of time having them as finale peices when the centre pieces were smaller 2006 models and outshone them. but all together difficult wet and windy conditions. Lots of lessons learnt but shook the neighbourhood up with the second display at about 10:30pm. have videos will up them tommorrow.

#124 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:32 AM

all i can say is new 2008 men shun stuff. about 200% worse than its older flash powder brother. waste of time having them as finale peices when the centre pieces were smaller 2006 models and outshone them. but all together difficult wet and windy conditions.

Men Shun have , to be fair, brought out some nice pieces for 2008, although lacking the volume of the flash based fireworks. However, from what I have seen I do agree that the Men Shun "new" versions of old fireworks (2007 spec, anyway) can be very weak. Probably the best bet with Men Shun is to try out the new stuff.

#125 sjc

sjc

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 09:59 AM

The 2008 Men Shun stuff I purchased from JTF was rubbish! Never again.

Fireworks International were great as ever including the updated crazy horses

#126 Ben-J

Ben-J

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:08 AM

the eather was hurrendous last night, but despite the rain and wind we still managed to send everything on its way and p**s the neighbours off aswell, (There a bunch off chavs in council houses) so that made it even more enjoyable.

I didnt get a cube selection box prestonboi if thats what you meant ? iv never had any cube stuff and tbh i have to say im impressed.

For anybody thats intrested i went to a local seasonal firework shop in nuneaton (midlands) called Colorfleck fireworks. i will definatly be going back there next year hopefully with a bigger budget :)

hope everybody else had a good night.

#127 Alexander Martin

Alexander Martin

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:16 AM

How did everyone get by what with the barrages getting wet etc? Cover them in bags or something?

#128 Ben-J

Ben-J

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:21 AM

How did everyone get by what with the barrages getting wet etc? Cover them in bags or something?

i just took them out when i wanted them, didnt really have a firing order just for the finale, i didnt have time to stake and waterproof anything as i was at work yesterday.

you can use bags to waterproof them if need be.

#129 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 10:52 AM

Weather was a right chew on yesterday, made setting everything up a nightmare. Ended up putting plastic sheets down on the three areas that was using for the fireworks but ended up setting them all up in the dark and taking a risk it wouldnt rain.

Using the radar thing on the BBC's website it only goes in 3 hour chunks so had no idea when the rain would actually arrive as it jumps from 6pm to 9pm an was wanting to do the display at 8pm ish.

However ended up taking a gamble and leaving the fireworks out set up for a while hoping it wouldnt rain and it didnt in the end, set everything off set a few car alarms off then 10 minutes after the end of the fireworks the heavens opened so timed it quite well.

Fireworks were great apart from couldnt get a couple to light when doing them in 2's or 3's so display didnt quite go to plan.

Will post what went really well together and what would recommend later, need to tidy up and a bit and got a massive headache at the minute from all the beer last night lol

#130 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 03:40 PM

We kept everything already set up in big tubs of sand, in a trailer near the site, and brought them out individually to fire them.

Edited by David, 09 November 2008 - 03:40 PM.

#131 SamCT

SamCT

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

i followed the fireworks code of course!...

and took as many as i could out at a time... :P

staked most things up earlier in the day and kept them in the house untill i needed them, also i made sure i nailed up the few catherine wheels i had when it was light and bagged them..

went fine... i'm very pleased i got myself portfires, with the wind and rain nothing would have gone up using a lighter...

#132 stu11

stu11

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 07:17 PM

this my little lot

Posted Image

Nightstar Fireworks

2 x earth splitters 56 barrage

1 x dynamite 3 shot mine

2 x the shell 35 shot roman candle

1 x comet collision 19 shot barrage

2 x nuclear fallout 9 shot barrage

1 x meteor strike 19 shot barrage

2 x screaming missile 250 shot

2 x space encounter 63 shot barrage

1 x thunder cruncher 595 shot

1 x imperial saphires 200 shot cake

1 x colliding planets 61 shot barrage

2 x end of the world 500 shot barrage

1 x battlement thunder 128 shot barrage

High winds and torrential rain has prevented these being let off safely

Edited by stu11, 09 November 2008 - 11:11 PM.

#133 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:48 PM

Nice one Screwball. :)

#134 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:04 PM

Nice one Screwball. :)

Excellent video! Daft question how you light so many fireworks in one go?

#135 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

I didnt get a cube selection box prestonboi if thats what you meant ? iv never had any cube stuff and tbh i have to say im impressed.

Graham those Cube items in your picture are out of a Selection Box called 'World Cube', we had it last year so I recognized the items.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unless the items are sold separately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users