14 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:56 AM

It's a cliched topic, but at the moment I lack imagination.  :wacko: How are people doing during the pandemic? I know that a lot of small businesses have sadly been hit, and I feel that fireworks might have suffered too. That said, it would be nice if people enjoyed their home time and bought something good to let off to celebrate.

I have a part time job at the moment, keeps me afloat, but hellfire the risk of going to work everyday  :angry:

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#2 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 12:13 AM

In my home patch private firework parties were everywhere til 10pm, but pro shows are largely cancelled.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#3 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 02:46 PM

From what I've seen on facebook I think that shops have done well with Click and Collect. I'm friends with Chris who runs Astounded in Lancaster and it sounds like they did really well. :)

#4 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 04:28 PM

Yes, seems that lack of professional displays has moved trade towards the F2, and F3 fireworks from retailers.

#5 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 11:43 PM

Saturday night has been another good night for home fireworks, started about 7pm carried on til 11pm.

• David likes this

#6 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 02:57 AM

Same here, a busy night with stuff going off all over. :) This year does appear to have been a major "win" for consumer fireworks, which is wonderful. Shops talking about record sales- Nigel from Galactic even made the news! 

#7 PyroJoe

PyroJoe

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 05:14 PM

That's good news for Nigel!

I do admit, I've always preferred mortars to rockets...shame...only have a F2 garden.

#8 BlackCat

BlackCat

• UKPS Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:20 PM

Pretty good around here too, plenty of garden fireworks being let off over most of the wee. I'd intended a small display the week before last for my wofe's birthday but, unfortunately, had problems with my firing syste4m and had to give up. Fired them last week though using the old fashioned method!

#9 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 November 2020 - 07:09 PM

Diwali tonight, hopefully no-one has been too badly affected with it being lockdown. I know it's very much a communal celebration. 

#10 BlackCat

BlackCat

• UKPS Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 08:17 PM

Bit late I know but Diwali was pretty spectacular around here, lots of fireworks going off most of the evening.

#11 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 12:48 AM

Didn't see much for Diwali, but I hear that it was a good season for shops- three Saturdays in a row. 

#12 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 04:33 PM

So at 3pm today businesses are told that they must close tomorrow if they are in the many more regions that are going into tier 4. Grossly unfair on Fireworks shops- why not make them an exception and allow them to open New Years Eve? Massive respect to all the shops who are dealing so well with this too. Keep your chins up! 

#13 BlackCat

BlackCat

• UKPS Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 04:20 PM

I agree David but politicians were never very good at details or indeed an understanding of enjoyment!

A pretty good show around here last night, some started around 6pm then we had another flurry at 11pm for Brexit I guess, then a final session at midnight. it seems that garden fireworks are still pretty popular around here.

#14 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:30 PM

Was a great NYE here, much going off throughout the evening, and I found some old single shot candles which were great for the back garden. Got a few vintage items too, might as well let them off at some point this year, maybe even save them for NYE , hoping nothing major goes wrong this year ha ha!

#15 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 08:51 PM

How is everyone doing? I had injection number one, felt hungover the next day, but otherwise all good. "Cost" me my bullshit job though, I asked for the day off and the next day off after the injection, which was ignored :'( Got a message the night before my injection telling me to work the same day of my injection. Cut a long story short, I didn't and I just got a new job. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users