Photo

Is it time to download content for archiving?

Forum content for archival pu

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PeteyPyro

PeteyPyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

It might be a good time to download favourite content for archival referencing purposes, while it's still here.

#2 David G

David G

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

It is so quiet here. I am wondering the same lately.

#3 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

I hope it is not written off just yet.

It would be good for some new blood to step up and chivvy things along again. It was great when there was a core of people organising events, excursions and meets!

I met a great bunch of people through the society and had some fantastic fun and even a few beers here and there.
Phew that was close.

#4 David G

David G

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:35 AM

I hope it is not written off just yet.
It would be good for some new blood to step up and chivvy things along again. It was great when there was a core of people organising events, excursions and meets!
I met a great bunch of people through the society and had some fantastic fun and even a few beers here and there.

I agree but is there any new blood willing to take on the challenge?

#5 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

Members can meet anywhere, anytime, for little or no reason! All it takes is an organiser and a half good reason to turn up. The old guard are probably exhausted, it really is up to newer society members or forum members.

Add a BYO commercial firework display and find a suitable bar restaurant and cheap hotel. This is how the  society grew, maybe that growth can be refreshed.

Edited by Arthur Brown, 06 September 2017 - 10:14 PM.

http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#6 rocketpro

rocketpro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

I`m afraid not chaps. Creeping apathy has all but destroyed UKPS. :(

Who tests the tester.

#7 chrismdunford

chrismdunford

UKPS Treasurer

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:17 PM

The current membership committee are trying very hard to bring life back into the society but without new volunteers it takes time to get things done.

#8 Rob.L.

Rob.L.

Not quite right!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:17 PM

I`m afraid not chaps. Creeping apathy has all but destroyed UKPS. :(

Quite true but some of us are really trying to find a future direction.

One thing I know is without the UKPS the landscape would be very different now and even if for now it is just a place where we nail our colours to the mast, that is a good thing.

Rocketpro, If you believe in the community and what we stand for then try to contribute something instead of stating the obvious.

When some of us met the other week we were wondering if it was time to put this to bed. It turned out that we all came out of that meeting in support because we see what has been done for all these years is to valuable to just lose.

For now at least we have no intention to disappear...neither will the forum.

People need to come forward and start stepping up to do things. Many hands make light work.................

#9 rocketpro

rocketpro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:51 AM

Quite true but some of us are really trying to find a future direction.

One thing I know is without the UKPS the landscape would be very different now and even if for now it is just a place where we nail our colours to the mast, that is a good thing.

Rocketpro, If you believe in the community and what we stand for then try to contribute something instead of stating the obvious.

When some of us met the other week we were wondering if it was time to put this to bed. It turned out that we all came out of that meeting in support because we see what has been done for all these years is to valuable to just lose.

For now at least we have no intention to disappear...neither will the forum.

People need to come forward and start stepping up to do things. Many hands make light work.................

I have contributed before - and was ignored. How does the saying go.... Once bitten twice shy!

I even made a recent post to try to `gee up` the members, and that fell on deaf ears.

Unfortunately, I believe there is an endemic complacency in the UKPS and that`s why it has remained stagnant for so long. There comes a time when some people just have to give up trying to help.

Those who are running UKPS need to draw up a game plan and to openly inform members as to what they would like them to do. Having members just  posting the odd experiment etc is unlikely to cut it.

Take a look at that recent post I made on this subject, and see the weak response it got. That`s what you are dealing with I`m afraid. I HOPE IT CHANGES.

Edited by rocketpro, 08 September 2017 - 07:28 AM.

Who tests the tester.

#10 Rob.L.

Rob.L.

Not quite right!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:58 PM

Whilst its true that the odd post is not going to "cut it" as you put it, there have been occasions when people have been asked to volunteer for roles and there has been no or little response.
Those of us left are not here because we have time for this, we are here because we believe in what the past and present members have done and how valuable it it.
Right now we have a chairman who is well qualified to lead us in the form of Steve Miller and a very experienced vice chair, Phil Dunford. Chris dunford is acting Membership secretary and myself as a committee member. Active forum admins are Wayne and myself with Richard Harwood who hosts the forum and Phill cooper as a back up for the moment.
We urgently need folk to step up and offer to do vital jobs. These people must come from within the community.
Once we have people in place there will be a bit more scope to do things.

So all you willing people.....come forward and make yourself known to us.

In the mean time the rest of us will do what we can. It is as simple as that.

#11 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:08 PM

what post needs filling  ???   put my name forward for it !!  (.only job i didnt fancy was membership secretary )   .happy to help!!!

protodezine@gmail.com

#12 Rob.L.

Rob.L.

Not quite right!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

Steve, noted and thanks.

One of the posts we require is Membership secretary but we also need committee members who will organise events Etc. Or at least those who will do some leg work in that area.
Most importantly anyone that does come forward must be committed to the job and deal with issues appropriately.
Also some of the posts need people who are competent enough or have the ability to learn.
Last but not least we must make sure that people are known to us and genuine members of the community. Security of peoples information is paramount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users