• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Wyvern

Wyvern

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:01 PM

While browsing passfire i came across this site http://www.freewebs....epyro/index.htm
thier prices seem reasonable and i was wondering if anyone has bought from them?

#2 pymp

pymp

Trying to move into SFX..

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:37 PM

Didn't realise that site existed, but I have been making an order with the owner recently. Very friendly and helpful, the tools look great and the prices are good. :)
"There are many old pyros
There are many bold pyros
But there are not very many
Old, Bold Pyros"
- author unknown

#3 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:58 PM

Those are the exact same chinese import tools as harry from skylighter was offering a while ago.
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

#4 leosedf

leosedf

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:17 PM

I've sent a mail with no reply yet.

#5 Wyvern

Wyvern

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:59 PM

I've sent a mail with no reply yet.

Might be because of the time difference, i emailed yesterday and they have been incredibly helpful.
in the process of ordering now so ill let you know how it goes.

#6 leosedf

leosedf

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:39 PM

I mailed 24 hours a go.

#7 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:33 PM

While browsing passfire i came across this site http://www.freewebs....epyro/index.htm
thier prices seem reasonable and i was wondering if anyone has bought from them?

Link doesn't seem to work for me - any ideas??
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#8 Wyvern

Wyvern

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:35 AM

Well, i got my order through yesterday and i must say im impressed, nice good quality stuff especially the crosette pump which is solid brass.

#9 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:59 PM

I definatly don't like the brass tooling. I got a pump from skylighter, same stuff though. It scratches way too easily, and is too soft. It dings so easily, and now my pump wont make it all the way to the bottom of the sleeve, and siezes up a lot.

Just a word of warning. Also don't even try to use Ti for FeTi, as they will tear your pump up.

#10 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 10:40 PM

I definatly don't like the brass tooling. I got a pump from skylighter, same stuff though. It scratches way too easily, and is too soft. It dings so easily, and now my pump wont make it all the way to the bottom of the sleeve, and siezes up a lot.

Just a word of warning. Also don't even try to use Ti for FeTi, as they will tear your pump up.

Sorry to hear that Mumbles. I got a couple of bronze pumps from Jared B., very old US made. They seem a lot tougher than pure brass, but they stain a nasty dark color from various chems.
"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

#11 Caramanos2000

Caramanos2000

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:17 PM

A good source for star pump is a bakery supply store. They have those syringe like things for frosting and such. Very cheap too.

#12 cocktail

cocktail

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:33 PM

A good source for star pump is a bakery supply store. They have those syringe like things for frosting and such. Very cheap too.

Do you have any links to picture or web sites?

#13 chris17

chris17

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:53 PM

I received my order today. A 14 mm start plate and hemis of different size. It took about a week so it was relatively fast. The hemis are very good quality with thick walls. The finishing of the plate isn't very good, but I think it will make nice stars however. Good customer service and affordable prices, if you don't count the shipping charge. I can definitely recommend this guy.

#14 leosedf

leosedf

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

My package came here(greece) in 2 days, very good quality hemis.

#15 paul

paul

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:31 AM

The page itself looks awful, but I sent him an e-mail anyway. Want to know what the shipping costs for a 20mm star plate to Germany are :)

These tools are incredible expensive here so the cheap chinese tool just might work for me.

EDIT: After two mails and no response even a few days later my dream to get pyro tools cheaply vanishes :)

Edited by paul, 24 March 2007 - 08:17 PM.

My flickr photo album

My first very own firework pictures are online!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users