• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 milly

milly

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:13 AM

Hello, i just got some information about fireworks manufacturing machines from a owner of a fireworks machine factory, the man has been engaged in fireworks machine for more than 30 years. i'd like to share them with you and i had posted them in my page, hope you will like them.
http://www.fireworks...asp?Parentid=56
Regards!
milly

#2 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:33 PM

Hello, i just got some information about fireworks manufacturing machines from a owner of a fireworks machine factory, the man has been engaged in fireworks machine for more than 30 years. i'd like to share them with you and i had posted them in my page, hope you will like them.
http://www.fireworks...asp?Parentid=56
Regards!
milly

View Post

milly, aren't those guys in china?

#3 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:51 PM

Yes.

#4 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:06 PM

uuuuu.....

I'd sure like to get my hands on one of them visco machines or
Fast fuse machines, but something tells me that shipping would be a KILLER

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Rocket Scientist, no really, I am!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:21 PM

A killer yes. You could hire a container or somthing. A container is a bit overkill I know but you could probably put 50 machines in a small one and it would cost around ?500 from china, a tenner per machine. Economies of scale come to the rescue, but I doubt that anyone will need 50 machines.

#6 Pretty green flames

Pretty green flames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:24 PM

Why not 50 machines.

We could set up our own fireworks factory and fuse would be avalliable to Europeans in the same quantities as to the Americans.

#7 ProfHawking

ProfHawking

3... 2... 1... Umm

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:08 AM

as far as i'm aware, the reason fuse isnt as avaliable here as it is in the USA is because its classed CAT4, so nobody exept trained pros could buy it. Hense there isnt that much demand really because not many people are CAT4 qualified
Illegal fuse factory is asking for trouble....

sorry to spoil your plan, but i have been pondering the prob of fuse for ages. Hopefully Chaz will be able to help us out

#8 sasman

sasman

Sasman

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:31 AM

Er.. I'm not sure about Fuse(visco) classed as CAT 4, I saw a price list from a pyro supplier and it was listed as 1.3G which im sure is CAT 3 which is public fireworks..?..So you can legally buy fuse.

#9 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:54 AM

Fuse is not Cat. 4, it's more a case of firework companies restricting whom they sell it to. Afterall, Joe Public has no need for fuse other than modifying fireworks, which is illegal.

#10 ProfHawking

ProfHawking

3... 2... 1... Umm

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 01:08 AM

ah ok gotcha
cant remember where i read that it was c4. Cheers for clearing that up.

OK then, say someone had a machine, would there be a ton of laws to prevent you selling it?

#11 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:14 PM

ah ok gotcha
cant remember where i read that it was c4. Cheers for clearing that up.

OK then, say someone had a machine, would there be a ton of laws to prevent you selling it?

View Post

No - the governance here is self done. In short - Companies that sell fuse don't sell it to everyone out of thier own choice. Leagely - you can buy and sell fuse with almost no restrictions. Before you rush to open your own fuse business - I must tell you that there is no way on earth a British company can compete with the imports. There is not that huge requirment for fuse - and it is more then covered by imports.

#12 blueflame

blueflame

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:13 AM

No - the governance here is self done. In short - Companies that sell fuse don't sell it to everyone out of thier own choice. Leagely - you can buy and sell fuse with almost no restrictions. Before you rush to open your own fuse business - I must tell you that there is no way on earth a British company can compete with the imports. There is not that huge requirment for fuse - and it is more then covered by imports.

View Post

you say
"In short - Companies that sell fuse don't sell it to everyone out of thier own choice."
i say if that is correct then that means there is a lots of smaller customers who do not fall into the typical market that the companies normally sell the fuse to, thus opening a back door for the small time buyer and seller.we are not talking huge sums of cash changing hands but i bet that person would have a small operation going, oh by the way put my name down for a roll please ^_^

#13 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 01:10 PM

you say
"In short - Companies that sell fuse don't sell it to everyone out of thier own choice."
i say if that is correct then that means there is a lots of smaller customers who do not fall into the typical market that the companies normally sell the fuse to, thus opening a back door for the small time buyer and seller.we are not talking huge sums of cash changing hands but i bet that person would have a small operation going, oh by the way put my name down for a roll please ^_^

View Post

First, I hope you don't suggest that I sell fuse to anyone - as this might be a conclusion from the last sentence in your post. Let me make it very clear that I do not sell any pyrotechnic items. Second, with your regard to ?lots of small customers? ? well, I can hardly see that being the case. Even if you can fish a few dozen customers ? fuse lasts a long time ? and it a profit of about a pound for 50 meters of fuse (yes, that?s the kind of profit we are talking about), I can hardly see the business sense in that. Even if you made a 10 pounds profit over 50 meters, I still don?t see survival of a business ? maybe a bit of pocket money.

Company that sell fuse are either manufacturer that sell for trade in very large quantities or hold fuse as a part of a much larger business. If you were to import a fuse-making machine, you will need to buy LOTS of raw material to make any profit... are you sure you have enough customers or the storage place?

Again, maybe pocket money and allot of hassle.

#14 blueflame

blueflame

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:25 PM

First, I hope you don't suggest that I sell fuse to anyone - as this might be a conclusion from the last sentence in your post. Let me make it very clear that I do not sell any pyrotechnic items. Second, with your regard to ?lots of small customers? ? well, I can hardly see that being the case. Even if you can fish a few dozen customers ? fuse lasts a long time ? and it a profit of about a pound for 50 meters of fuse (yes, that?s the kind of profit we are talking about), I can hardly see the business sense in that. Even if you made a 10 pounds profit over 50 meters, I still don?t see survival of a business ? maybe a bit of pocket money.

Company that sell fuse are either manufacturer that sell for trade in very large quantities or hold fuse as a part of a much larger business. If you were to import a fuse-making machine, you will need to buy LOTS of raw material to make any profit... are you sure you have enough customers or the storage place?

Again, maybe pocket money and allot of hassle.

View Post

1 correct i do not suggest you sell fuse to anyone
2 my last sentance was aimed at the potential buyer of the fuse making machine but was still said with tounge pushed gently into cheek
3 out of curiosity i would be interested what a long established member on here would pay for the item of say 50 meters of fuse knowing that they have contacts and could probably get said item at a real dirt cheap price, and if that honest price was made public on this forum would one who had no contacts pay more for the same item knowing that it would be a expensive but hassle free transaction.

#15 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 12:32 AM

For 50 meters of high quality perchlorate based Chinese Visco green fuse I pay around ?4.00.

For ICI PIC I pay around ?1.00 per metre and around ?120 per reel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users