#1 PyroKid

PyroKid

PyroKid

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 05:36 PM

Hi guys and gals,

For those of you who may or may not have been aware, i have been on holiday in germany for the past week or so.

We visited the city of Berlin to begin with where we spent the first half of our 2 week stay in germany.

We have now moved on to the city of Hamburg, where we will be staying untill the saturday.

Our stay here in hamburg is fortunate to coincide with the international firework festival which is taking place here in hamburg around the Alster basin over 4 nights from the 1 - 4th September 2005.

Our stay allows the option to attend the 1st and 2nd night of the festival, as we are leaving for our return to the UK on the 3rd September, however it is likely that i would only be able to attend the opening night of the festival due to circumstances beyond my control, but to me, having the ability to attend the opening night is better than not attending the festival at all!

I am unsure of the lineup of this event so any more insite into this event would be much appreciated! (Please note that i do not speak a word of German and rely upon my fellow family members!)

I cant promis anything but i will try and bring you some photos of the event.

For those of you who are interested, i also attended my first ever light, music and fountain display here in Hamburg and what a show!

There isnt much advertisement surrounding either of these events but the great thing is that both events are truely spectacular and are absoloutly free upon entry (providing that you dont drive - both events require a few euros for parking but this isnt a great deal of trouble!)

As mentioned above, both events remain absoloutely free on entry and are truely spectacular and thoroughly reccomended!

All the best!

Adam Elameer

AkA

PyroKid
Who said there wasnt fireworks between us?

#2 PyroKid

PyroKid

PyroKid

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:36 PM

I have now returned to swansea but unfortuneatly my luggage is not with me as those idiots formaly known as bagage handlers didnt make the transfer on my connection in Amsterdam quick enough, meaning that the luggage was not able to reach the plane in time, meaning that i now have to wait for my luggage to enter the country and be returned to me via courier!

Anyway, enough rambling!

I am glad to inform you that i was able to make it to both the first and second day of the International Firework Festival and have photos of both the fireworks and the fountain displays to share with you once my laptop has been returned to me.

As for the line-up regarding the firework festival, i am pretty sure that Day 1 featured the British team who fired a 10 minute long pyromusical display fired by computer to the sound of "Land Of Hope And Glory"

I am currently unsure as to what company was representing the UK in this festival but if anyone else can fill me in on this, feel free to do so!.

Day 2 featured yet another pyromusical spectacular fired by computer, featuring a medly of early rock / pop songs, Country and Company Unknown.
Once again, if anyone can fill me in, feel free to do so!

Pictures of Day 1 and Day 2 along with some footage of Day 2 coming soon!

Watch this space!

#3 PyroKid

PyroKid

PyroKid

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 10:08 PM

As promissed, here are some of the pictures taken during Day 2 of the event.
There are more pictures to come of Day 2 as well as of Day 1, so keep your eyes peeled!

To view the pictures from Day 2 of the event, click the link below.

Day 2

All pictures were taken with a Fuji Finepix E500 digital camera.

Feel free to discuss any of the pictures below.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users