• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 curious aardvark

curious aardvark

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:00 AM

Cracking time on saturday, good to meet some of the forum bods. Watched my video 3 times all the way through now - apart from a bit of dodgy focus where the auto focus lost light, it's actually surprisingly good (not just my first fireworks show videoed, first time at night videoing anything :-). Next year I'll figure out how to preset the focus so it doesn't fade in and out and get a wide angle lens adaptor and probably stand at the back, etc etc.
Generally though it gives a very good indication of what went up (and down - the shout of 'friendly fire !' occurs quite frequently curtesy of the cambridge boys :-) Not to mention regimental pyros enthusiastic cheering and clapping whenever something good went off (which was pretty often) :-)
I should have the dvd done by the end of this week. I've got approx an hour of video - all solid pyro. But I usually like to stick a photo gallery on dvds as well and I've only got about 3 pictures (well when you're wielding a monopod in one hand and watching the fireworks and trying to make sure the camera is pointed at the right bit of sky it's tricky taking pictures as well) so if anyones got any decent shots and they'd like them on a dvd can you contact me and bung some across so I can add them to the slideshow.

Once done dvds will be available to anyone off the forum who sends me an a5 SAE and a blank dvd-r. If you're overseas - ie: not uk - and still interested let me know and we can sort something out. I'll be sending one out to my brother in law in canada, he might copy and post them on if people are interested.

Oh yeah and don't forget Dave - your forum handle has to be 'pink lady' :-)
I'll post a preview of the italian show when I've got it titled and rendered.
right then try this :-)
orzella low quality real video

I've bumped up the brightness and lowered the contrast - let me know if anyone thinks it's a bit too washed out. I don't want to render the whole thing using these settings if it's a bit 'dodgy' :-)

Edited by curious aardvark, 05 September 2005 - 08:38 PM.

Do All things with Honour and generosity: Regret nothing, Envy no-one, Apologise seldom and bow your head to No Man - works for me :-)
Oh yeah and never leave home without a lighter :-)

#2 Watto_uk

Watto_uk

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:43 PM

Cracking time on saturday, good to meet some of the forum bods. Watched my video 3 times all the way through now - apart from a bit of dodgy focus where the auto focus lost light, it's actually surprisingly good (not just my first fireworks show videoed, first time at night videoing anything :-). Next year I'll figure out how to preset the focus so it doesn't fade in and out and get a wide angle lens adaptor and probably stand at the back, etc etc.
Generally though it gives a very good indication of what went up (and down - the shout of 'friendly fire !' occurs quite frequently curtesy of the cambridge boys :-) Not to mention regimental pyros enthusiastic cheering and clapping whenever something good went off (which was pretty often) :-)
I should have the dvd done by the end of this week. I've got approx an hour of video - all solid pyro. But I usually like to stick a photo gallery on dvds as well and I've only got about 3 pictures (well when you're wielding a monopod in one hand and  watching the fireworks and trying to make sure the camera is pointed at the right bit of sky it's tricky taking pictures as well) so if anyones got any decent shots and they'd like them on a dvd can you contact me and bung some across so I can add them to the slideshow.

Once done dvds will be available to anyone off the forum who sends me an a5 SAE and a blank dvd-r. If you're overseas - ie: not uk - and still interested let me know and we can sort something out. I'll be sending one out to my brother in law in canada, he might copy and post them on if people are interested.

Oh yeah and don't forget Dave - your forum handle has to be 'pink lady' :-)
I'll post a preview of the italian show when I've got it titled and rendered.
right then try this :-)
orzella low quality real video

I've bumped up the brightness and lowered the contrast - let me know if anyone thinks it's a bit too washed out. I don't want to render the whole thing using these settings if it's a bit 'dodgy' :-)

View Post

I went to that. I thought it was just as awesome as last years event. Could you do me a DVD of it, please. :D

#3 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:06 PM

Happy days!! Those italians really like BIG BIG breaks, you had to be there to believe them! Nice one curious, i think the vid is ok. I wonder who shouted out 'purest green....purest green!!' Ha ha! Those multibreak shells are amazing truly amazing. :wub: :wub:

#4 curious aardvark

curious aardvark

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 01:35 PM

ON recall I do believe it was either you or chemical wazi who got a little excited about the Green :-) I own up to the 'bloody hell !' and other various mutterings.
That's just a low res render the dv quality vids are much better - run it through some speakers with decent subwoofer for the full burst sound effects - pretty impressive.
I'm just going to stick some bp on to cook (found ballmill, bought scales etc) and I'll try and get the dvd sorted out today. Got creepin pyros photos so I'll stick them on as slideshows, plus info about each of the companies.
Anyone interested message me or email fireworks@curiousaardvark.com (and big-g please don't remove this, it's my email address and I'll stick it where I like, it's not like more spam will make a whole heap of difference anyway :-) for address to send sae

Edited by curious aardvark, 11 September 2005 - 01:37 PM.

Do All things with Honour and generosity: Regret nothing, Envy no-one, Apologise seldom and bow your head to No Man - works for me :-)

#5 curious aardvark

curious aardvark

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:53 PM

front menu
DVD done - first one posted :-)
It's actually quite good fun trying to work out which bit of the dodgy video relates to which one of the really good photos :-) Plus once you work it out you can see where all the trails on the photos come from.
All good clean fun :-)
And the motion menus worked a treat :-)

Edited by curious aardvark, 14 September 2005 - 07:08 PM.

#6 paul

paul

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:03 PM

Is there any chance to get this DVD shipped to germany?! If I?d pay postage and packing ?!

Would be great, cause I collect firework movies and DVD quality movies are rare!

greets,

paul

My flickr photo album

My first very own firework pictures are online!!!

#7 Watto_uk

Watto_uk

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:55 AM

Got the DVD today and just watched it all the way through. It's going to take a week for the smile to be wiped off my face.

Superb job. Great menu's too.

Many thanks.

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users