Visits to firework companies

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:57 AM

-_- Have any firework companies in the UK offered conducted visits/tours to the whole UKR membership i.e. premises tours and demos? :D :rolleyes: ^_^ B) ;)

#2 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 11:24 AM

No, but we may be able to offer BPS members similar opportunities in the future.

#3 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 11:30 AM

No, but we may be able to offer BPS members similar opportunities in the future.

View Post

Wow that would be so interesting, would love to have a peek inside say Kimbolton or something. Just waiting for the chance to join BPS. :D

#4 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:11 PM

sure things can be arranged... just may be difficult at this time of year due to the fact that it is getting into silly season at the moment.
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#5 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:17 PM

Well now ive passed my driving test i would love to go for a look around a factory!

Just one thing that made me think....

When entering the factories do they make sure your not wearing nylon or anything that would build up static?
Broadsword Calling DannyBoy....

#6 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:11 PM

Generally that is only a concern when you are in a process building and either you are manufacturing yourself or someone in the process building is manufacturing something (in which case you should not be in the same room).

Basically mobile phones, matches, lighters, anything of that nature is strictly prohibited on site.

#7 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:20 PM

another item not thought of often.. and many a delivery man has been chased out the gates for wandering around asking people to sign his electronic tracking system :) ... wonder if electronic tags put on criminals would be of concer, is so i guess that would count Anthony out..lol :P
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#8 pritch

pritch

rocket man

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:59 PM

"Generally that is only a concern when you are in a process building and either you are manufacturing yourself or someone in the process building is manufacturing something (in which case you should not be in the same room).

Basically mobile phones, matches, lighters, anything of that nature is strictly prohibited on site."

Just thought id say something about that rule on mobile phones. Just thought it might interest some of you to know I watched a thing on telly with that big brother contestant whos name I cant remember. The show is called something science. I cant remember either :P. Anyway its on sky one.
They did an experiment to see if theres any truth in the whole mobile phones somehow setting off an explosion. They stuck like 20 phones on top of gasoline and explosives inside of a caravan and tried ringing all the phones at the same time to see if they could get one of them to set off the explosives. Anyway it didnt work. What did work though was skuffing your feet on the ground and then touching a wire to create a static charge.

#9 chemicalwazi

chemicalwazi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:18 PM

The show is called something science. I cant remember either :P. Anyway its on sky one.
They did an experiment to see if theres any truth in the whole mobile phones somehow setting off an explosion. They stuck like 20 phones on top of gasoline and explosives inside of a caravan and tried ringing all the phones at the same time to see if they could get one of them to set off the explosives. Anyway it didnt work. What did work though was skuffing your feet on the ground and then touching a wire to create a static charge.

View Post

"Brainiacs" was the name of the show. Great laugh :lol:
"The Saltpeter is the Soule, the Sulphur the Life, and the Coales the Body of it"

#10 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:21 PM

There is some truth in it, but the risks of it happening with a mobile phone are nominal. Still, it is not a bad idea to seperate process buildings from electrical equipment as a precaution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users