7 replies to this topic

#1 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 07:14 AM

So who is going to be at K-LOB with Richard not being there? Any chance I could help with the setup?

Thanks,
Karl

#2 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:26 AM

So who is going to be at K-LOB with Richard not being there? Any chance I could help with the setup?

Thanks,
Karl

Karl, we might be giving K-LOB a miss this year. Too many of the administration team are committed to other things this year, and I'm afraid we won't be able to get the insurance without some of those key individuals. No insurance means no show.

The UKRA might hire someone to do it, but consider the fact we are always doing it for no pay and no profit over the fireworks, I think the UKRA budget for the show will attract no commercial interest.

Not to worry ? we will be back next year :)

#3 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 10:36 AM

I issued some information over on uk.tech.rocketry as you probably saw. Paul Birch will be doing some fireworks for you all, and if your interested maybe go over and introduce yourself and ask if you can be of any help. I am sure it would be most appreciated.

Thanks Karl.

#4 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 September 2005 - 10:47 PM

Two words ; Huge success! Congratulations to Paul Birch for the fantastic display!

I played around with the 'Fireworks' setting on my camera, basicly just a slow shutter speed. Got some quite good photos from it! I'll upload them tomorrow sometime.

Can I ask what the flash maroons were at the end of the display? Home-made by any chance? They were awesome! I think we set a few car alarms off in the village with them haha. You just gotta' lurrve flash!

Heres a sneak-peak.

Posted Image

#5 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:01 AM

What?!?! Better then our display?!?!

Paul birch belong to one of the four companies who has a manufacture site. They don't do 'Full Scale' menufacture, but do make special effects for thier own displays. I bealive Paul did win PGI's best 'Large Fountain' in the past. Nothing on the display is 'Home Made'. This is a professional display and having 'Home Made' fireworks is just not legal.

#6 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:25 PM

They were specials made for the show in the factory. Glad you had a good time at K-LOB. Did you manage to get any pictures of the setup etc?

#7 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:59 AM

UKRA wasn't beaten, but thats only because UKRA had more of a variety of fireworks and alot more bigger stuff!
Unfortunately, no. I did manage to get quite a few of the actual display though. Ill upload them ASAP.

#8 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:54 AM

You can find my pictures of the display on : http://www.rokits.or...y/klob05?page=7

They are on pages 7, 8 and 9.

Enjoy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users