Photo

Anybody know when ASDA bring their Fireworks onto the shelfs?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 chemicalwazi

chemicalwazi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:26 PM

Huh, you should hear it near me, you'd think it was Nov 5th today. I just sat and watched 20 Red Star rockets go off, why are people firing so early?

Muppets and kids! no wonder there are accidents. Silly season is among us and there are a lot of folks out there who abuse the fact and give any selfrespecting PyroArtist a bad name. :angry:
"The Saltpeter is the Soule, the Sulphur the Life, and the Coales the Body of it"

#17 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:55 AM

TNT have 10 18in gold sparklers at ASDA for 99p a pack;they're slow burning long lasting and superb value for money with lots of nice vigorous gold sparks, NOW THAT'S A GREAT PACKET OF SPARKLERS! :) -_-

#18 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:59 AM

I just sat and watched 20 Red Star rockets go off, why are people firing so early?

Why not?

I find it difficult to understand the attitude in the UK that fireworks are for November 5th and no other time in October/November period. The Maltese, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese etc let them off at the drop of a hat and it's quaint, traditional, marvellous etc, in the UK it's regarded as a nuisance. We should be enjoying our culture and the ability to let them off at any time of the year that we choose, not stifling the fact. I think that the current laws on the sales periods are about as far as we need to go in sales restrictions. If your point was, why are they sending up costly items early? Then surely again why not? They'll hopefully go and buy more and keep the firework trade buouyant. More sales means there is more vimpetus for shopsd to stock fireworks in the future.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#19 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:29 PM

Well all I meant is why set them off now, why not do it on Nov 5th as a celebration like most other people, I know they can always buy more but I see no point in setting them off now when they could just have a big party on Nov 5th and set them off then.
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#20 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:56 PM

WRONG Fishy1 it IS Saturday 15th October when ASDA puts them on sale, there may be local variations as to when supermarkets put their fireworks out but many DO stick to the three week rule. My store always puts them out on the 15th(that IS the official start date when fireworks can go on sale), but regional variations can happen between stores in Scotland where you are based and those in England. <_<

ah yep, my bad, i thought saturday was the 16th.

#21 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 07:01 PM

Get yourself down there, they have got some ace deals, 5 pack of Starburst rockets (standard star ejection style) for ?2.50!!!, and the selection packs are certainly value for money.

#22 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:19 PM

bah, asda is 50 miles away, no thanks.

morrisons have some good deals, 12space gems rockets for ?7.(all made by dynasty, who i likes,)

but, it's not as good as the deal i fixed up with my brother, i get: 5 black mamba rockets(RRP ?24), one dancing chameloens cake(RRP ?18), and 4 space jewels(RRP ?10), for only ?18.

ah, the joys of having a 10 year old brother.

#23 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:36 PM

How in gods name does your ten year old brother get hold of fireworks :blink:

#24 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:49 PM

I thought the excact same thing :blink:

#25 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:35 AM

How in gods name does your ten year old brother get hold of fireworks :blink:

didn't you get hold of cat3 stuff when you were 10?

#26 chemicalwazi

chemicalwazi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:26 PM

I just sat and watched 20 Red Star rockets go off, why are people firing so early?

Why not?

I find it difficult to understand the attitude in the UK that fireworks are for November 5th and no other time in October/November period. The Maltese, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese etc let them off at the drop of a hat and it's quaint, traditional, marvellous etc, in the UK it's regarded as a nuisance. We should be enjoying our culture and the ability to let them off at any time of the year that we choose, not stifling the fact. I think that the current laws on the sales periods are about as far as we need to go in sales restrictions. If your point was, why are they sending up costly items early? Then surely again why not? They'll hopefully go and buy more and keep the firework trade buouyant. More sales means there is more vimpetus for shopsd to stock fireworks in the future.

Why not indeed, very good point Morartube,

I didn't make my point very well, i am all for fireworks all year round :D the only concern i have is people letting them off on the streets without a thought for safety and letting them off in the early hours. If you have a garden/field fine, bring it on, as long as it's whithin the rules.
"The Saltpeter is the Soule, the Sulphur the Life, and the Coales the Body of it"

#27 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:13 AM

didn't you get hold of cat3 stuff when you were 10?

Err, no :mellow: Did any one else?

#28 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:37 AM

I would like you to tell me how I or anyone else for that matter could have got hold of Cat 3 fireworks when they were ten considering ten year olds are usually about 4ft high, have a high voice, don't have any money and most importantly could not have been mistaken for being over 18.

Seriously, how does your brother get hold of them? I still have to take my mum with me and give her the money to get them and I'm 15. But thank the Pyro God I will be 18 in 2 years 4 months.

Edited by sizzle, 20 October 2005 - 12:38 AM.

#29 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:18 AM

Why not indeed, very good point Morartube,

I didn't make my point very well, i am all for fireworks all year round the only concern i have is people letting them off on the streets without a thought for safety and letting them off in the early hours. If you have a garden/field fine, bring it on, as long as it's whithin the rules.

Ah, I see. In this case I agree with you. I have nothing against them being set off all year round but I don't agree with the hooligan element or unsociable element that damages the reputation of sensible users.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#30 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:18 AM

Well I don't have a lot of money so when I buy fireworks I like to save them for special occasions that is the basis of my opinion. But I agree with you all, I don't agree with hooliganism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users