Typical NCFS response on TV!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:18 AM

:D When I watched the ITV1 Lunchtime News during The Pulse feature on Fri Nov 4th and when Noel Tobin was asked do you have any advice for anyone using a box of fireworks this weekend, all he could say was "They can't be used safely at all". He is an idiot;I would have said"provided the instructions are followed on the fireworks there's no problem at all". As a general rule, if fireworks are used according to the instructions, then they will not cause any harm/injury or damage. Duh! By saying "they can't be used safely at all", he is a dork and it also proves how anti-firework he is! :angry:

Edited by Anthony, 07 November 2005 - 03:52 PM.

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Rocket Scientist, no really, I am!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:31 PM

Has anyone noticed that on the NCFS forum all "that lot" complain about is the noise. I do not think many of their members care about saftey at all. In fact a lot of them do not even know what they want, or what they are talking about for that matter. This topic has a lot to be said!

#3 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:32 PM

what is the NCFS?

#4 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:40 PM

You can find out here: www.google.com

Took google 0.18 seconds to find it, and myself a similar amount of time to type the 4 letters. Not that hard really : )

Edited by Creepin_pyro, 07 November 2005 - 04:41 PM.

#5 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:53 PM

well, that was an experience!
I just spent the last hour reading various posts on the NCFS forum and I am appaled by the lack of foundation of any of their arguments / reasons for an outright ban or any ban for that matter. One of the best quotes I found was that about certain things being left for the proffesionals.. ie. policing to the police etc.. etc.. and fireworks to the NCFS.. what a joke, not one post shows that they have any knowledge about the industry, about fireworks, about the law and quite frankly some of their comments saying it only takes a few brain cells to light a firework left me wondering just how many brain cells many of their members have.
Well, I am always up for a good fight hence the NCFS will shortly recieve an e-mail from myself challenging them not only to the content of their web site but also I will challenge the credibility of their organisation as a whole. I am sure a few e-mails will exchange hands over the next couple of weeks that will keep my 3 brain cells entertained.

Looking at the "old" home page I cant help but notice they can not even afford to have it hosted on a decent server hence various adverts are placed at the top of the page... even better, all were adverts for selling fireworks...... on an anti fireworks web site..lol.. that is priceless!

Mark

Edited by The_Djinn, 07 November 2005 - 05:54 PM.

KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#6 Andrew

Andrew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:14 AM

Looking at the "old" home page I cant help but notice they can not even afford to have it hosted on a decent server hence various adverts are placed at the top of the page... even better, all were adverts for selling fireworks...... on an anti fireworks web site..lol.. that is priceless!

Mark

lol :lol:

I was amazed that not one of them was aware of the wealth of laws that already exist. They could have a point, but all they complain about is noise, they could push for safety, but they are morons and cannot see that a ban on public sale will not stop the public from obtaining them, I alone can think of dozens of ways that it would fall flat on it's face.

They could make valid points like, maybe most 18 year olds in certain areas are not mature enough to have fireworks, but they do not. The argument should be a gigantic debate, there are many many points, but they go on their petty campaign to have a total ban because they think they are the majority and they are above everyone else. A lot of them try to take the moral high ground, a lot of them use discussing language but the organisation will probably turn around and say that those are the views of a few extremist non-members. They would probably have a point then!

There are a lot of things you can do without costing the public billions of pounds to improve safety. Maybe 21 years old to purchase, tougher, or should I say correct policing of youths that seek only to ruin lives because "there is nothing to do", or perhaps one quite well made point by another member on this forum, stop selling them in bloody newsagents.

All those that post on the NCFS forum seem only annoyed about the noise pollution, they also seem to exaggerate a lot, one of them also refuses to believe that gun crime went up after the pistol ban. I personally do not think they are worth the time of day, however, important lessons should be taken from similar groups in the past. One small group of extremists managed to push the gov into a pistol ban without realising it would cost over ?100 per tax payer, it is similar groups that influenced legalisation that makes it nie on impossible to have a fireworks factory here, and now they complain about child slavery and horrific accident rates in china, hypocrites!

He who has the loudest mouth, gets his way. I know that the mature, down to earth and discrete adults do not have it in their nature to loud mouth it and engage in debate that is made pathetic by extremists, but needs must; we may very well see history repeat itself and see another mindless ban.

#7 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:18 AM

I can't find the NCFS web site which is the correct one on google? if i did go on the right ones then were is the forum located since i couldn't find it anywere.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#8 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:39 PM

I can't find the NCFS web site which is the correct one on google? if i did go on the right ones then were is the forum located since i couldn't find it anywere.

www.cgsystems.co.uk/ncfs is the web address for the National Campaign For Firework Safety website, click on Firework Safety Forum and look at the antifirework trash and rubbish posted!!! :lol:

#9 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

These people are insane, they are seriously under the impression banning is going to solve all the world's problems. Most of them seem insensitive too, "I don't care about job losses" etc. They need to get their few braincells together and actually work out what they're trying to do and see how it's not going to be benificial.
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#10 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:45 PM

anthony, did ya get banned on there?

#11 Andrew

Andrew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:29 PM

Yes he did!!!!

#12 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:10 AM

Yes he did!!!!

Yes for disagreeing with them!!! :angry:

#13 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:52 PM

they seem awful hypocritical.

#14 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:08 PM

they seem awful hypocritical.

Also what they don't have an answer for,is how in the face of a sales ban, they would clamp down on potentially lethal dangerous deadly unsafe and dubious poor quality firework imports of unknown origin being sold to the public underground, through dodgy traders and via the blackmarket either. They think a sales ban will work;with all the current problems of illegal firework seizures in lethal product, I wish!!! Don't make me laff, you're havin' a bubble mate! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Anthony, 09 November 2005 - 04:16 PM.

#15 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:31 PM

yep, with there deleting of positive firework experiences, ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users