• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:16 PM

Here we have the infamous Black Cat "Thunder King" air b**b.

These are now illegal for sale/purchase in the UK :( However, i found a fireworks shop selling these last year. I cant remember the exact price, im sure it was roughly ?4 for a box of 5.

Here's the front of the box

Posted Image

and the message on the back

Posted Image

and here's the firework itself

Posted Image

Upon ignition, they fire a star into the air (the last one i tried was green) with a fairly loud thumping noise to boot, when it reaches it's peak, there's a large titanium flash and a massive bang.

I remember the first time i used one of these, i lit it on a quiet evening and when it exploded i could hear it echoing for a good few seconds after it went off. Really impressive amount of noise from these.

My only regret is that i never bought some more boxes of them to store away for a special occasion! I love fireworks that make alot of noise so these score quite highly with me. Just a shame they're banned now.

Edited by 5thElement, 12 November 2005 - 01:20 PM.

#2 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:33 PM

I have new 'cake' version of this.

Pics later!
Broadsword Calling DannyBoy....

#3 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:37 PM

oooo, sounds good! :) looking forward to seeing the pics!

#4 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:59 PM

Photos Here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:00 PM

Photos Here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Green stars to bangs are the effect, and pretty loud they are too! :closedeyes:

#6 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:36 PM

Broadsword - thanks for the pictures :) where did you get it from? how much was it?

I just had a look at their roman candle cakes on their website:

http://www.blackcatf...ckcat&class=B02

Doesn't seem to be listed though.

Edited by 5thElement, 14 November 2005 - 04:45 PM.

#7 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:44 PM

My local fireworks Supplier.

#8 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 04:59 PM

Care to indulge anymore info? lol can't seem to find these anywhere! whats the rrp price for them?

#9 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:26 PM

If you local firework supplier is a supermarket or somehting then you may as well kiss the chance of getting one out of the window.

Check your local town for shops that sell a wide varity of fireworks.. And for staff that know3 what they're talkin about, it doesnt happen much.
If they dont sell them ask them if they can get them in. But unless you have a shop that sells fireworks all year round, i would think its abit late, unless they're staying stocked until NYE.
RRP: ?8ish

#10 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:27 PM

There is a few fireworks shops nearby, but they only actually open during the run up to November 5th, and the run up to New Year, so i'll need to wait until the latter now. Im guessing the staff in these places aren't exactly fireworks experts though lol Maybe ill phone them up and see if they can get some in before they open again for New Year.

I was trying to find some online retailers aswell who stock these, but no such luck :(

?8 seems not bad aswell!

#11 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:35 AM

There is a few fireworks shops nearby, but they only actually open during the run up to November 5th, and the run up to New Year, so i'll need to wait until the latter now. Im guessing the staff in these places aren't exactly fireworks experts though lol Maybe ill phone them up and see if they can get some in before they open again for New Year.

I was trying to find some online retailers aswell who stock these, but no such luck :(

?8 seems not bad aswell!

Black Cat Thunder King has been discontinued;if you get the brochures every year like I do you will know, they have got rid of Thunder King due to it being anti-social and easy to misuse by idiots. :(

#12 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:18 AM

If you like noise and are unable to get the "Thunder King", then Panda do the "Earthshaker". 16 shots, of Titanium flash bursts for around ?10.00. Available here, all year round.

www.brightonfireworks.com

or visit their shop. Address is on the website.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#13 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:48 AM

Black Cat Thunder King has been discontinued;if you get the brochures every year like I do you will know, they have got rid of Thunder King due to it being anti-social and easy to misuse by idiots. :(

Im still waiting on my catalog to arrive. Oh well, i guess Broadsword got some of the last remaining stock then?

If you like noise and are unable to get the "Thunder King", then Panda do the "Earthshaker". 16 shots, of Titanium flash bursts for around ?10.00. Available here, all year round.

www.brightonfireworks.com

or visit their shop. Address is on the website.

Thanks alot for pointing that out, sounds like exactly what im looking for to make new year go with a proper bang! Now to find somewhere local i can get some to avoid paying postage costs! lol wish me luck

Does anyone know if any of these Men Shun barrages are any good? "Lethal Tank", "Lightning Strike", "Thunderclap", "Blitzkrieg" and "Exterminator" Does anyone recommend any Men Shun barrages? (loud ones in particular) i've found a local supplier with alot of the Men Shun range.

Thanks again mate, much appreciated.

Edited by 5thElement, 15 November 2005 - 11:53 AM.

#14 Guest_Anthony_*

Guest_Anthony_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:01 PM

Im still waiting on my catalog to arrive. Oh well, i guess Broadsword got some of the last remaining stock then?
Thanks alot for pointing that out, sounds like exactly what im looking for to make new year go with a proper bang! Now to find somewhere local i can get some to avoid paying postage costs! lol wish me luck

Does anyone know if any of these Men Shun barrages are any good? "Lethal Tank", "Lightning Strike", "Thunderclap", "Blitzkrieg" and "Exterminator" Does anyone recommend any Men Shun barrages? (loud ones in particular) i've found a local supplier with alot of the Men Shun range.

Thanks again mate, much appreciated.

These Men Shun barrages are all good for noise! Buy them, you'll like em'! :lol:

#15 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 01:21 PM

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users