18 replies to this topic

#1 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:08 PM

Well, I've just started production for newyears eve.
Rammed about 10 rockets today and will make about 50 3'' ballshell rockets, about 10 2'' ballshellrockets, some fountains and maybe a couple of salute rockets.

These are some of the effects that I will be making:

blue(own formula)
purple(own formula)
green(emerald green passfire)
red(ruby red passfire)
silver(own formula)
silver flitter(Bleser)
Golden streamer(own formula)
tigertail

And combinations of the above, tigertail with blue pistil stars sounds nice :)
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

#2 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:18 PM

i don't really have a big thing planned, just a few fountains and candles and shells and the odd mine, nothing spectacular.

i'll mainly spend the winter making a better furnace, making more magnalium, and making more equipment like a bigger ball mill and a press.

#3 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 07:51 PM

Rammed about 10 rockets today and will make about 50 3'' ballshell rockets, about 10 2'' ballshellrockets, some fountains and maybe a couple of salute rockets

I hope this is legal where you live, as that is an awful lot of stuff for one person to be making and storing!
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#4 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:38 PM

I have a nice 5" Crown Brocade planned. I also want to attempt a 5" canister. Not sure on the effects for that. It all depends on if I can find time to make all the stars and burst and whatnot. I also want to try a triple break 3" canister. I figure it is better to start small and get everything figured out before moving to larger multibreak shells. There will probably be a few starmines, at least one with shells it as inserts.

#5 completebeginner

completebeginner

Made My First Working Shell!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 12:36 AM

Ill probably make a few mines with red and green stars when i get my kclo3 purer and with small firecracker inserts and hopefully my shells will start to work better so ill make a few of those

#6 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:10 PM

I hope this is legal where you live, as that is an awful lot of stuff for one person to be making and storing!

No, it's not legal, making your own fireworks is as far as I know only legal in the USA.
I know it's alot of stuff, but I have sufficient and safe storing, and I will make everything in series of five.
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

#7 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:31 PM

Obviously we advise against making such a large amount of material, but at the end of the day it is your responsibility - looks like you are talking around 1kg or more NEQ
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#8 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:21 PM

Well, for this New Year's i'm just firing a small selection box, a Wild Space (Panda) 16 Shot Barrage and a couple of mines that I bought.

Have a happy new year everyone.
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#9 Ingham Fireworks

Ingham Fireworks

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:58 PM

I don't have much planned either we have a few people coming to our house (all bringing fireworks) hopefully. I've brought the following:

- The Beast 100 Shot
- Tower Of Power
- CYBORGS 64 shots (2)

I have a few items from ASDA aswell (TNT brand) Including their ?50 selection box which seem's to have some nice pyro in.

I also have a Force 10 Selection box (made by Millennium Pyrotechnics) left from Guy Fawkes which I'll be using.

And that's about all.
DJ Fused - YOUR RESIDENT DJ!
Hear My Tunes Go BOOM!!

#10 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 07:31 PM

Be carefull with the TNT stuff, there mines (Powder Kegs) and smaller selection packs seem to be good value, but to be honest their larger packs aren't worth it. You can get just as many fireworks (of the same quality) in a Panda ?25 box as you can in a TNT ?35 one.

#11 they say im crazy

they say im crazy

67% pure pyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:39 AM

it rained buckets when i tried to set off my new years pyros! <_<
Got some chemicals to sell?
i might buy them just PM me

#12 Ingham Fireworks

Ingham Fireworks

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:30 AM

Whether here was perfectly fine. The fireworks were awesome!
DJ Fused - YOUR RESIDENT DJ!
Hear My Tunes Go BOOM!!

#13 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 05:53 PM

Same here, I had nice small "garden display" so to speak, the family surprised me and bought a 325 shot Bright Star barrage (basically 325 colour pearl shots, machine gun style) and a 66 shot Barrage which was fantastic, Airbombs, colour bursts, crackling bursts the lot. Forgot to check the damn name, it was Bright Star again though.

Happy new year all.

#14 Skarphedin

Skarphedin

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:21 AM

I have uploaded a few videos and pictures of some of the most sucessful devices I made for new years eve: http://www.pyld.kill....com/newyear05/

Unfortunately one of the wheels got stuck on the pole where it was mounted :(
Next time I will mount all wheels well before showtime, it was dark and somewhat hard to get it properly mounted on the not to rigid pole.

The wheels had both 4 drivers, 2 charchoal (Lancaster A from IPP 50% of the Charchoal (alder) was airfloat), and 2 iron (iron #3 from IPP, charchoal was airfloat) with 4.5mm nozzles.
I can't wait to experiment with different charchoal! (particularly pine) and maybe more coarse coal.

The starmines was 2" with 18-22 gr lift. 10-15 gr of it was -4+24 mesh
slow overwetted rough powder + 5-8 gr meal powder. I varyed a bit the
lift charge of the mines, but I could not see much difference in how
they worked.

A few of the devices failed (one rocket exploded 2m above ground, a combined fountain and starmine exploded), but I'm really satisfied anyway :) which I should be as I made my first meal powder in October!

Happy new year to you all!

#15 paul

paul

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:40 PM

I'm really satisfied anyway

You can hear that clearly in the videos :D Nice stuff anyway. The cheapest stars can be more fun than expensive perc ones etc sometimes!

Kepp the videos/pix coming.

Edited by paul, 02 January 2006 - 12:40 PM.

My flickr photo album

My first very own firework pictures are online!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users