#16 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:45 PM

What was it before it got photochoped?

It's Sodium Oxalate yellow glitter - you can view the fullsize unedited photo here. I tested one formula with different types of Al and photographed the results. I've been meaning to write up the results in a thread...

BTW, this was inspired by skylighter's "multicolor smoke mix" - anyone get sucked in by that one?

#17 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:54 AM

Funny thing is, that picture might not be too far from the truth..... I've seen some pretty good peach and crimson glitters, I guess the latter are done with strontium oxalate? Could be your next mission!

Edited by pyrotrev, 05 April 2006 - 06:28 PM.

Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#18 alany

alany

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:48 PM

I've been meaning to prepare some strontium oxalate to try it. I haven't had any luck with strontium carbonate or lithium and nickel salts for producing different glitter effects. I was considering making an Al and Zn intermetallic to see if that would product any colouration and still glitter.

#19 Frozentech

Frozentech

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:25 PM

Funny thing is, that picture might not be too far from the truth..... I've sen some pretty good peach and crimson glitters, I guess the latter are done with strontium oxalate? Could be your next mission!

That way lies madness...
"The word unblowupable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say with confidence..."
KAABLAAAMMM!!!
"OK... that shows you what could potentially happen."
--Homer Simpson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users