• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 RegimentalPyro

RegimentalPyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:00 PM

We are happy to announce that another ?meet the society? event has now been scheduled for mid may.

This time the evening out has special meaning, as we are now a registered and organized society, and many exciting plans are on the calendar for the upcoming year. We are also keen to hear your ideas for events.

As many of our members and forum readers come from the North and Midlands, we have selected to hold this meeting in Leeds, choosing the customary Pizza Express as a venue.

The event is open do both members and non-members, and does not cost anything, but you are expected to buy your own food/drinks ? oh, and please don?t bring any live fireworks into the restaurant. It might not be appreciated by our fellow diners!

To complete the booking, we require everyone who is interested to drop a quick PM to BigG/RegimentalPyro/Richard H. The closing date for this event registration is 4th of May!

Event Details:
Event Name: Meet the Society ? a chance to meet the Admin and Moderators as well as other members!
Date: 10th May 2006
Starting Time: 7:30pm
End time: When everybody had enough ? or the restaurant closes.
Closing date for registration: 4th May 2006
Location: Pizza Express Leeds (There are two in Leeds Centre ? we will let you know which one closer to the day)

If you come by train and want someone to meet you at the train station and lead you to the restaurant please specify in your PM.

Also, some late breaking news ... A preliminary UKPS event diary for 2006 should be available next week.

#2 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:08 PM

The event is also open for people who are awaiting forum registration. Since those can only log in as guest, they can not PM.

Therefore, is your want to meet us and you are NOT on the forum, send an EMAIL to either treasurer@pyrosociety.org.uk or secretary@pyrosociety.org.uk

Please write in the Email your name, your age, gender, and what is your interest in pyrotechnic, and we will come back to you to approve your participation.

#3 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:10 PM

I would love to come and meet the team but I can't get down there and have exams coming up this month so every bit of revision is crucial. I'll definatley come to the next one though....
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#4 RegimentalPyro

RegimentalPyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:08 AM

Well, whilst things like revision must of course come first, I would still encourage anybody wanting to attend to PM me ASAP. If you are having trouble getting transport then please PM us. we'll have a bunch of people driving in and they might well be able to offer a lift.

Everybody who has attended these events in the past has agreed that they are a fantastic chance to have a chat about all things pyro. (My wifes eyes tend to glaze over after the first few seconds).

In addition you get to meet the pyros in that particular area. It's a fantastic opportunity to pick their brains [and get yours picked of course]. We've also had a few occasions where people have realised that they are "not the only pyro in the village" after meeting at these sorts of events.

Finally, as if that wasn't enough reason, we shall be having a free-to-enter prize draw at this meetup. The prizes include :-
  • a free comet pump, machined out of the finest non-sparking brass.
  • a selection of shell hemi's
PS: To any members whose parents might be worried about meeting "a bunch of people off the internet", then please bring them along. The more the merrier....

#5 ProfHawking

ProfHawking

3... 2... 1... Umm

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:07 PM

I would love to come! However with a 4 hour drive each way i would have to get a hotel for the night, and for a evening out is a bit over the top i think. Even if it is with such esteemed company!

Please please please organise a more midlands/southern one soon!

#6 BigBang

BigBang

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:54 PM

Here here.......a southern based meet would be much appreciated. London - Leeds is a LONG drive!

#7 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:27 PM

I'll do one with pleasure. Previoues time we arranged one in London there was zero response. We'll try to arrange somehing for June/July.

We are extending the deadline for this meeting to Sunday the 7th. We urge members to drop us a PM and come. This meetings are important to us.

#8 sizzle

sizzle

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:09 PM

It seems I can get a lift now so count me in :D , who else is going then?
Category 4 Trained to BPA Level 1 Equivalent.

#9 BigBang

BigBang

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:37 AM

Zero response from a london meet? Am i the only one interested in pyro down this end :D surely not!

Also, bear in mind that July time is not particularly good for arranging meets, coz people are away that time of year.

#10 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:08 AM

I fear July might be the only month left :), we have a very busy programm for this year.

We are 10 (well, 8 are okay, 2 are 75%) - I would love to see this go up to 15 or so. I think we were 10 at the york meeting.

We have managed to put our hands on some samples of Japanese papers often mentioned by Simizu (Gampi etc...). Nothing we can give away, but all can touch (before the pizza arrive at the table). ;-)

Edited by BigG, 05 May 2006 - 12:47 PM.

#11 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:16 PM

Arrival Instructions has been PM'd to anyone that notify us they are coming along to the evening in leeds.

If you have not received a PM, and you wish to take part in the meeting, please PM BigG at once.

Edited by BigG, 05 May 2006 - 01:17 PM.

#12 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:20 PM

Really wish I could attend, but unfortunately my mums birthday takes precidence on this occaision.

Have a great time all, and try to to over-indulge on the garlic bread : )

Looking forward to the next meet very much!

#13 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:54 PM

I am going, thanks to Regi :D It will be a great event, I really carn't wait :)

#14 Phoenix

Phoenix

UKR Forum Ex Regular!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, I'll be there too (I was one of the 75 percenters, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it). Looking forward to it!

#15 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:34 AM

Just a note - if anyone coming to the meeting has requested a registration pack but has not yet submitted it - you can bring the filled form and the payment to the meeting if you wish to (you don't have to be a member to attend this event, but other events that will run in the future will be open to members only.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users