5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:45 PM

Thought some of you might be interested in this

You can download Aldi's 2006 firework selection catalogue here

http://www.aldi-stor...oduct_4124.html

Gives you a chance to see if theres anything worth buying before you go! Not a great selection though to be honest.

However, i was quite impressed with there Weco rockets last year, excellent value. So i'd say that ?20 Rio rocket pack is worth getting.

Anyway, hope someone finds this of use :)

Edited by 5thElement, 12 October 2006 - 08:47 PM.

#2 paul

paul

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:57 AM

The link doesn?t work for me. (Opera, FireFox, IE ...)

My flickr photo album

My first very own firework pictures are online!!!

#3 fishy1

fishy1

Name

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 02:29 PM

link didn't work for me either, but I got to the page from http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk

#4 pendulum

pendulum

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 03:03 PM

The link did work when he posted it because I remember viewing them & comparing what they had with Lidl, they have changed the URL for some reason.

#5 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:47 PM

Hmm, did work at first!

Here's a new link, it looks like they removed the pdf file and they've added the fireworks to a regular page now

http://www.aldi-stor...buys/index.html

Hope that helps :)

Edited by 5thElement, 14 October 2006 - 06:48 PM.

#6 Guest_Shrubsole_*

Guest_Shrubsole_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2006 - 01:28 AM

I perfer what Lidl's has to offer and I think they are cheaper.

(and on sale on Monday 16th)

:D No I don't work for them!

#7 DJ Danny B

DJ Danny B

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:16 PM

have lidl got theres on there site i cant seem to find any. has anyone got a leaflet from lidl they could upload so i can compare lidl to aldi. Thanks

#8 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:06 AM

If you are in the market for some fireworks then you will find a much better selection at a fireworks shop. Lidl's selection is a rather limited range made by Cosmic.

aldi's selection, however, is apparantyl made by WECO, who until recently actually produced fireworks in Germany. These I would like to see!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#9 Rip Rap

Rip Rap

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:04 AM

If you are in the market for some fireworks then you will find a much better selection at a fireworks shop. Lidl's selection is a rather limited range made by Cosmic.

aldi's selection, however, is apparantyl made by WECO, who until recently actually produced fireworks in Germany. These I would like to see!

Aldi's are indeed WECO - I bought a "Fire Pack" - a 17 piece selection box, containing mainly small cakes & candles (£9). I also bought the "Rio" rocket pack - 18 "Profi-style" shell burst effect rockets -chrysanthemeum silver, red, & silver to red plus glittering bouquet with -sapphire blue stars, ruby red, & silver chrysanthemum stars (£19). Very reasonably priced I thought, especially as I have found WECO to be better than comparable Cosmic etc. :)
"Choose a job that you love & you will never do a days work in your life!"

#10 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 03:04 AM

Are they German produced WECO or Chinese produced WECO? I went to Aldi today, but they had just closed their doors- why the charles that shop closes at 7 pm I'll never know.

I would be very interested to see the 5 rockets for £20 in action- I think these must legally be close to the maximum powder size.

the largest pack Rockets I have this year are the Men Shun Breakouts, £12.50 for 4 (bought half price.)

#11 Rip Rap

Rip Rap

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:55 PM

Are they German produced WECO or Chinese produced WECO? I went to Aldi today, but they had just closed their doors- why the charles that shop closes at 7 pm I'll never know.

They have "WECO Feuerwork", "imported by WECO, Purley, Surrey" printed on each one. One pointer to them being from Germany, is that one of the fireworks in the selection pack is called "Fritz Flinstone"!
"Choose a job that you love & you will never do a days work in your life!"

#12 5thElement

5thElement

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:31 PM

I had a pack of Weco rockets from Aldi last year and they really were excellent, i'll definately be going to get more this year providing they havn't sold out allready!

#13 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:13 PM

Yep- I bought some today. I got the 5 Rockets for £20 and the littlest £3.99 pack . The fireworks in the £3.99 are identical to may others found in selection boxes, truth be told, but its a good price for 9 fireworks.

WECO are definatly a German company, but it could be simply that their offices in Surrey are a UK HQ and the fireworks are made in China.

Edited by David, 25 October 2006 - 09:14 PM.

#14 BrightStar

BrightStar

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 09:18 PM

Not sure this is quite the correct thread, but Morrisons have some good offers. With their B.O.G.O.F. I bought ten Cosmic rockets (which look to have good effects) for £8 and two reasonable sized cakes for £12.

My best find so far though is this:

Posted Image

It is so colourful it just glows - I had to have it :) ... From what I can tell, its a 4 x 8, 1" calibre fan cake made by 'Golden Lion Fireworks', described as 'fan cake ejecting silver and red coco bursts, green glittering and purple bursts, red crackling and glitter bursts, lemon peonies and silver chry bursts'. Sounds good to me!

I found it at the (very odd) Trago Mills discount store in Newton Abbot and paid £20, marked as £30 RRP. I'm hoping this is just what I'm looking for from Cat3 - lots of noise and colour and tricky to make myself...

The same store also had 3-packs of whistling triangle wheels and 6-packs of roman candles for about £2.75. I bought a couple of packs of each to quickmatch together and fire all at once along a long front as an intro to my show.

Edited by BrightStar, 25 October 2006 - 09:54 PM.

#15 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:30 AM

The Swan looks good- Golden Lion are a nice make, they are part of the cosmic group, and a good value brand. Plus the discount is genuine.

Be aware that to really get the full benefit of the fan effect it has to be as far back as you can go, really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users