• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 01:50 PM

hi ppl welcom to the who hates bill tyman club.i think i might get told off for starting this club but if mr tymans bill gets in it would make life a lot harder for us pyro mad people and do a lot of damage to the pyro industry.so come on join in and lets have a go at mr tyman.

#2 Steve

Steve

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 05:01 PM

At the risk of looking dumb.

Who?:)

#3 Dave Angel

Dave Angel

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 09:32 PM

I've obviously been under a rock for too long... i must also ask who?

#4 Pyromaster2003

Pyromaster2003

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 09:43 PM

let the unknowledgable one explain...its that guy who has got a load of restrictions on fireworks put on the other day....dont blame me if im wrong though:)

#5 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 12:06 AM

well people its time 2 tell you about mr tyman.mr tyman is the chap who is against fireworks and anything else pyro and he has made up a fireworks bill witch has had its 3rd reading in parliment.if his firework bill comes law then the end of fireworks for the public is very near.

#6 Dave Angel

Dave Angel

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 12:31 AM

is this the bill's bill? http://www.publicati...3077.i-iii.html

#7 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 10:09 AM

hi dave.no that is only part of it.when this new bill becomes law it will be harder for the public to get there hands on fireworks out of the firework season.there will be more red tape on pro fired shows.there will be certain fireworks banned.there will be a noise limit on fireworks from 120db to 95db explosives content will be lower.i could on and on.in the end it will cause a lot of damage.mr tymans bill has got a lot of support so its not a question of if the bill comes in......its when!!!

#8 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 08:19 PM

I dont like the sound of nesting pigeons on my roof in the morning. Can we ban them too? Perhaps a 11:00-8:30 restriction or a programme for breeding quiter or lighter pigeons should be funded. If I have your support I can present the bill in a few months.

#9 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 08:55 PM

i will back you all the way adam.he he

#10 PanMaster

PanMaster

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 09:58 PM

thats great news blasterbert, how long have we got left before bill shuts us down?

#11 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 02:05 PM

what the hell do ya mean great news?????.you calling bill tymans bill great news.what side are you on.we at the B P A are trying to fight this asshole.a little support would be a help....not sarcasium

#12 pyromania

pyromania

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 05:05 PM

:mad:i take it mr tyman is one of these kill joy types then i can understand banning large salutes if people are getting hurt all the time but not standard fireworks that most of the general public use safely and responsibly:(

#13 blasterbert

blasterbert

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 07:45 PM

dony worry yet pyro...we are giving them a good fight....it ent over yet

#14 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 09:19 PM

At the risk of being boring, the only way to fight guys like this is to bombard your MP with lots of well written letters and emails saying why it's a really bad idea. Get your friends to do it and their frends too. it's only volume that has any effect on them as it means votes. I was once totally ignored by and MP but after I got over 1000 people to write to him he was suddenly (literally) knocking on my door asking how he could help.

Obvious but important considerations:
1) Use your real name - anonamous letters have a negative effect.
2) Don't say you make fireworks - say you like them (making fireworks is illegal and MPs don't like lawbreakers)
3) Be polite to the arse hole - rude letters get thrown away.
4) Stress the harmless pleasure fireworks bring to many.
5) Stress the many more harmful things that are not banned (car driving - horse riding - rugby to name but a few)
6) Stress the damage it will do to the once great british fireworks industry.

Don't be put off if you don't get a reply - MPs won't answer 'till it affects them personally.

Try and avoid 'anti firework' people - there seems to be an idea that firework = explosion = terrorist and we don't want those sort of people knowing about the bill and supporting it...

Would also be good to get some high-profile people on our side, anyone know any pro-firework personalities - what about the MP for Hudderfield - bet he doesn't want to ban fireworks!

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by phildunford]

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by phildunford]

#15 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 09:34 PM

And another thing! (got me going now)

I have an old article about how the Great (all hail his name) Rev Ron Lancaster got started.
1) He made illegal fireworks
2) He set up a lab in the school where he worked doing research for the fireworks industry (yea right Ron - that's what I'm doing too)
3) He then went legal and started a very successful business.
4) Now he's been given an MBE

Does this make sense - my head hurts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users