• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 jimjim

jimjim

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

last time that i went to france i bought about a hundred of french bangers, but now that i have used them up i do not know how do get any more, could somebody advise me on where to get them from.
Cheers :D :D :D

If no one knows where to buy them could some one instruct me on how to make them or something similar.

#2 Wyvern

Wyvern

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:03 PM

last time that i went to france i bought about a hundred of french bangers, but now that i have used them up i do not know how do get any more, could somebody advise me on where to get them from.

If no one knows where to buy them could some one instruct me on how to make them or something similar.

I believe the "bangers" you are refering to are essentialy m80's or ground salutes illegal to buy and make in the uk.

#3 jimjim

jimjim

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

Do you know anything similar to this, that would not be illegal but would be like this.

#4 MMMMMM Pyro

MMMMMM Pyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:15 PM

Do you know anything similar to this, that would not be illegal but would be like this.

Hi,

I believe that grounng salutes are completely illegal to buy and make in the U.K. so to answer your question: No!

Regards,

Mike

#5 jimjim

jimjim

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:16 PM

Then does anyone know how to make any small fireworks that would not be illegal in the uk, and the ingredients not hard to get

#6 MMMMMM Pyro

MMMMMM Pyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:24 PM

Then does anyone know how to make any small fireworks that would not be illegal in the uk, and the ingredients not hard to get

Um, yeah, have a search on the forum. You'll find a plethora of information on pretty much all fireworks amd how to make them! Also, a quick search will tell you where to get many of the ingredients to make small, safe fireworks! I hope that this helps!

Stay green,

Mike

#7 jimjim

jimjim

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:32 PM

Im thinking more of chemicals that you find around the house or can buy at hardware stores and that.

#8 MMMMMM Pyro

MMMMMM Pyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:45 PM

Any particular reason that the chemicals need to be shop based? Still however the KNO3, S and C {Ingredients for Black Powder, the most useful pyrotechnic formula of them all IMO} can all be found at you local garden/hardware store.
Just search the forums as I said earlier and you'll find everything you need to know.

Regards,

Mike

#9 karlfoxman

karlfoxman

Resident Maltese shell builder

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:46 PM

SEARCH!!!!!!!

#10 Asteroid

Asteroid

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:11 PM

I'm curious as to the makeup of agricultural "crow scarers" these are essentially large bangers, and I don't see why they would be exempt from laws concerning other ground salutes. Do they contain flash, or another comp, and why are they legal?

Edited by Asteroid, 08 March 2007 - 12:11 PM.

#11 Rip Rap

Rip Rap

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:15 PM

I'm curious as to the makeup of agricultural "crow scarers" these are essentially large bangers, and I don't see why they would be exempt from laws concerning other ground salutes. Do they contain flash, or another comp, and why are they legal?

Military style "Thunderflashes" are also quite legally available. These are also large ground salutes.
I think that for alot of items like helicopters, jumping jacks etc, there wasn't an actual ban, more of a voluntary withdrawl from public sale by manufacturers. I am not sure if bangers were actually banned, or just withdrawn? (maybe someone can tell us). Also, local authorities can impose regulations as to what type of firework can be sold in shops (although they generally just follow government guidelines).

So, because thunderflashes, crow scarers etc are not sold as a garden "firework" in your corner newsagent, they are overlooked?
"Choose a job that you love & you will never do a days work in your life!"

#12 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:37 AM

Thunderflashes and bird scarers are not fireworks in the eyes of the law and therefore do not come under the rules governing the sale of fireworks. They are pyrotechnics, a confusing but important difference. A thunderflash will have an entirely different UN classification number than a firework that basically does the same thing.

I can't fully recall the UN numbers, but if memory serves me right. Fireworks of 1.3G are UN no 0335, 1.4G = 0336, 1.4S = 0337 etc. For a better list. I have just found this.

http://en.wikipedia....rs_0301_to_0400

Edited by Mortartube, 09 March 2007 - 09:41 AM.

Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#13 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:27 PM

jimjim, if you joined this forum purely to find out how to procure or construct banger then you might as well cancel your membership. It's not something we are really interested in. Sure, bangers are fun and have their place but they were banned for a reason (because it was proved that members of the public can't be responsible with them). I suggest you book your self a flight to Valencia in Spain this weekend as you'll get access to all the bangers (and then some!) you'll ever want! :)
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#14 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:01 AM

aim glad they banned them,its a lot quieter come bonfire night, man like fountains is that wrong? :wacko:

#15 lew

lew

Hi. Im Barry Scott!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:00 PM

Try France maybe? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users