66 replies to this topic

#1 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:17 PM

I know there is another thread but most people in that have moved on (and its huge). I have noticed a few fellow Australians lurking here and it would be good to discus things that affect us here and it makes discussion easier.

Would anyone be interested in a group buy of stuff from keten?

Cheers

#2 rocket

rocket

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

It would be interesting to see how many other aussies with have lucking about on the forum.

If you did order from keten’s would you be able to get it through customs though.
I’ve got know idea on what illegal/prohibited to own or get shipped into the country.

#3 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:37 PM

Im looking into it, going to contact customs soon

#4 Victor

Victor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:16 PM

How about the Australian fireworks market?

#5 rocket

rocket

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:40 AM

There isn’t one in most states, I think its ACT and NT that sell fireworks but in the ACT you have to be a resident to buy them and NT can only buy them on a couple days a year I think.

#6 will-TM

will-TM

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:31 AM

Well hello there UKPS.

Nice site you have here. I have been lurking for a few days.

I am in victoria here.

It is illegal to ship oxidisers and fuse into Aus.

I have got them shipped in, as they come is as pottery glaze.

I even got 65 feet of visco in as twine.

What state is everyone here in?

#7 daron

daron

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:29 AM

adelaide here
new but lurkin round

#8 rocket

rocket

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:01 AM

Victoria myself. With the shipping off oxidizers marble would have a bit of an idea about that I’d say. He seems to know a bit about that kind off stuff.

#9 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:21 AM

Gave up on the oxidizers, to expensive to import. Might as well invest in making my own.

I can make plenty of potassium chlorate and hopefully (assuming this person can come through) I will get a commercial lead dioxide anode so that means ammonium and potassium perchlorate. Depending on how I go I might be willing to sell some on.

But if you do want to import you shouldn't have any problems, I contacted customs and some government chemical department and they gave me the ok to import aslong as its for personal use and I think there was a size limit (was quite a few kilos). Don't know about shipping regs but I assume there wont be any real problems if you don't declare it as a oxidizer and plead ignorant. Find a genuine alternative use for your product and declare it as that (pottery glaze, health salt etc) if you want.

The only real problem is if Auspost open it up and someone figures out what it is but unless it leaks or err causes a problem you will be fine.

Summing up: Customs wont confiscate it but Auspost may

http://www.auspost.c...sGoodsGuide.pdf

Edited by marble, 05 December 2007 - 09:38 AM.

#10 marble

marble

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:22 AM

Anyone interested in balsa sawdust? Makes damn fast BP

I know a place in Sydney that will ship a 50x50x50 cm box for $10, probably more if your outer state but its good for us Sydney folk :)

#11 will-TM

will-TM

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

I know a person who got 8kg of balsa for $16 or somthing, which is extreamly good.

He is up in orange

#12 nick2354

nick2354

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 11:38 AM

Hello,
This is my first post and I am from Adelaide!

#13 Techohead

Techohead

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:42 AM

hey, i know half the people on this thread, figured i should say hello, and i agree with marble in that we should help each other along with this beautiful hobby of ours, being strangled by government regulation, and everyone throwing the word 'terrorism' around so loosely.

it looks like the way Will_TM is getting the fuse and oxidisers in is the way to go, (somewhat misleading pretences) but the problem is you must arrange with the person SELLING to take that risk, and many pyro suppliers tend to disregard you when you begin to sound too dodgy. at the moment i am making aerial shells with charcoal stars, starmines with charcoal stars, bungers, aerial reports and much much more all with the same 4 ingredients, KN03, Charcoal, Sulfur, and Dextrin. the novelty is wearing and if i want to expand my expertise, i need perchlor, and if marble is interested in redistributing, i may be interested in buying.

i was curious about our aussie pyro's, and the circumstances under which they launch their shells and light there bungers. i live in a residential area in sydney, with no decent local park for kilometers, and streets flooded in dense traffic for the better part of the day. i do it nonetheless, but what happens when a neighbours tollerance reaches 0. could you guys tell me about how you avoid legal troubles, and perhaps if you've ever had any. save me learning the hard way.

well thats my two cents, keep this thread thriving.

#14 rocket

rocket

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:54 AM

Once upon a time I would launch small shell, let bangers off and fire rockets in the local area but now I hate doing it for the fear that I will get caught. I now go deep into the bush to do it once in a blue moon. But now that I work with a pyro company I’ve been doing less and less of my own stuff.

If the neighbors tolerance reaches 0 well you’ve got a problem there as it will make things very difficult, all you have to do is test or shoot something wile there doing there own little thing and it may just tip them over the edge and next thing you know the cops are at your door. Mind you this is worse case.
I’ve never had a problem with the neighbors which is good, I know that on one side that know what I get up to and they have never said anything about it, though I try and keep noise to a bare minimum and test smoky things at night so all I have to do is turn the back light off and it “gone” well you cant see it anyways :P.

#15 Pepsi

Pepsi

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

Hi Rocket et All,
I'm also in Vic, Near Geelong.
There's a great pyro course taking place near here later this year.. Am considering doing it myself..

see here.

http://www.geelongfireworks.com.au/

Regards all
Pepsi.
"Growing Old is Inevitable,
Growing Up is Optional"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users