• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Oizo

Dr Oizo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:11 PM

Hi I'm new here but not new to Pyrotechnics! At the moment I'm quite into Airsoft and I have been spending alot of time and money on airsoft and little on saving up for Nov 5th but I've just come from the Uk airsoft network forums with a query about getting hold of para flares. I've told the people on Ukan that I thought that para flares used by the army are made by pains and wessex and that they are very hard to get hold of. Is this true! I expect that I am very wrong but does anyone know of where to get hold of some of these! Many thatnks

#2 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:16 PM

You can get para flares from all good marine / chandler shops in the UK.

#3 Dr Oizo

Dr Oizo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:20 PM

I had that in the back of my mind but those sought of ones are very expensive and I was looking for something cheaper for example from airsoft armoury I can buy military screening smoke for 13 pounds. is there anything like that for flares? cheers

[Edited on 5-8-2003 by Dr Oizo]

#4 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:25 PM

I'm afraid not. Flare's are only commercially viable for use as distress pyrotechnics. You could try and obtain 'out of date' flares, these are usually fine in terms of performance and will be cheaper.

#5 Dr Oizo

Dr Oizo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:27 PM

Out of dates! what do you suggest anchor supplies. do you need a license?

#6 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:50 PM

When you buy a flare from a shop it will have a use-by date stamped on it. Old flares are often sent to be disposed of in burn pits or sold off for other uses.

You don't need a license as far as I know.

#7 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 07:54 AM

I noticed that you were paying a stupid amout for your smoke screens. Click Here for cheap ones. You have to buy in bulk as in ?50+ and they say that they only sell to associations, sites, shops, clubs & teams. They are meant for paint ball but they might sell to airsoft clubs.

#8 Dr Oizo

Dr Oizo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 09:53 AM

The smokes from enola gaye are pants. the ones we use are the big green military screening smokes with the whole pin and arm etc. The enola oes are too small to make a difference in a wood. Thanks anyway

#9 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 02:41 PM

Oh right, thanks for telling me. Where do you get your meaty smokes from?

#10 Dr Oizo

Dr Oizo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 02:45 PM

An airsoft shop called Airsoft armoury
www.Airsoftarmoury.com
While your there have a look at some of the airsoft stuff :)

#11 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 02:57 PM

Those smoke granades from PW defence sure do look nice. They certainly look the business even if they are a bit expensive.

#12 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 05:56 PM

Ah, a fellow airsofter.

Personally I think people are mad paying over ?10 for a smoke grenade. If it shot BBs and made threatening chants, then maybe it would be worth it.

I can get 4 minute dense orange ring-pull distress smokes for much less, so if you are interested PM me.

As for the para flares, the ones you want (illumination) arent as common. You cannot get the military spec ones but a commercial illumination para flare is available. I think they cost about ?15.

Please note that if anyone is injured by an out-of-date pyrotechnic, the manufacturer cannot be held liable for the failure - ie a para-flare goes out of control and zooms into someones house, setting it alight!

#13 Dr Oizo

Dr Oizo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:37 AM

More airsofters! Adam what have you got? I promise you the smokes I've seen people are absolutley crazy!! Waht are these other smokes about, some people on the UKAN forums and myself might be interested. Cheers

#14 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:42 PM

TM G36 /w large forgrip (8.4v 1700mah) + Tasco PDPSPL3 and a custom (M4 sliding stock) TM MP5K.

PM me if you are interested in the smokes.

#15 OxCid

OxCid

May Cause Fire

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 03:12 PM

just wondering how you guys got into airsoft, i really fancy giving it a go. did you join a club, i wudnt have though you could just do it anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users