#1 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:06 PM

Hi All.

Haven't been on here for a while, was prompted by someone to come on here and give our review night later in the year a mention.

The following is copied from our website. http://www.fireworks...eview_night.asp

Firework Review Night 2008
After the huge success of the 2007 Firework Crazy Review Night we can now confirm the date for our 2008 Review Night. The venue is to be the same and i'm sure that anyone who attended last year can vouch for the excellent service provided by the venue. Hopefully this year the weather will be on our side!

After listening to comments from people who couldn't attend last year due to the review being on a Friday evening, we have changed the day to a Saturday. Hopefully this will benefit everyone.

Where: Little Waltham Tufnell Hall - CM3 3NY [click for directions]
(5 miles from the centre of Chelmsford. 17 miles from M25 J28. 4 miles A12 J19. 15 miles M11 J8 Stansted)

When: Saturday 27th September. Gates open 6:30pm, Firing approx 7:30pm

Price: FREE

Parking: On site.

Refreshments: Fully licensed bar and BBQ

The Review Night:

We will be individually firing our complete range of 2008 products so you can really 'see before you buy'. There will be exclusive 'one night only' special offers and also the chance to see dummies of the products we will be firing. The event is free to attend and we will supply you with a complete firing list so you can see at a glance the products being fired and make notes for your own reference.

FREE DRAW: There will be a free draw on the night where one lucky winner will win £100 to spend on anything they like from our complete range. (you must be over 18 to enter)

What to bring: We advise you to wear suitable clothing for the weather and you may wish to bring a head or hand torch with you so you can see the firing list and make notes.

If you would like to be kept informed of the event and also receive a priority firing order then please register your interest below. We have asked for your mobile number soley so we can text you in the unlikely event we have to cancel. Registration is not compulsory, you can just turn up!

In other news, I will have some exciting announcements to make over the coming weeks, and will post these on here as and when.

I have been asked in the past about a CAT4 training day, if anyone from the forum here is interested I will see if I can arrange something.

Edited by mdj101, 11 May 2008 - 10:55 PM.

Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#2 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:35 PM

Hi!

Sounds like a good show, and judging by your website, there is going to be a lot of quality fireworks going off! I'll do my very best to come (the only issue is unavoidable work, eg tests) .

What brands are you stocking for 2008?
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#3 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:56 PM

Hi David,

Last year we reviewed approximately 100 products, final products and suppliers are still to be confirmed for this year.
Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#4 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:00 PM

Sounds good- but do you think stock will have arrived in time, give the Chinese Olympic "lockdown?" I guess its just a case of "fingers crossed" and hope!

#5 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:30 PM

And the earthquake possibly will not help either!
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#6 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:44 PM

We should be OK with stock, but until it all arrives and we've unpacked the containers who knows!!

I've been chasing our last shipment of lanterns. Only to find out that they arrived at felixtowe on the 2nd May! bloody shipping companies.
Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#7 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:04 AM

I think as mentioned in another thread, the Olympic "lockdown" is from mid July to the end of August.

I guess all we can do is cross our fingers!

I'd really like to come to this- to support people who are on the Pyro Sopciety boards, and also because of all the,,, fireworks!

Keep us informed, anyway- specifically about the ranges you are stocking this year.

#8 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:11 AM

The transport lockdown in China is from the 1st July to the 10th October. This is the current Government dates, however, some factories / provinces have taken it upon themselves to make the start date the 1st June.
Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#9 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:30 AM

The transport lockdown in China is from the 1st July to the 10th October. This is the current Government dates, however, some factories / provinces have taken it upon themselves to make the start date the 1st June.

I don't mean this is a rude way, but an end date of 10th October doesn't sound right. Victor, who is generally "on the ball" on the general board has it as August 31st.

#10 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:16 AM

I know that various people in the industry have been pushing to reduce this shut down time, so maybe there has been some progress (hopefully), but up until last week when I last spoke to someone it was the dates I stated.
Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#11 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:28 AM

I know that various people in the industry have been pushing to reduce this shut down time, so maybe there has been some progress (hopefully), but up until last week when I last spoke to someone it was the dates I stated.

I guess all we can do is cross our fingers and hope!

If the lockdown doesn't end until October 10th, thats going to mean that shipments won't be in England until- Early November. bugger.

#12 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

Well, it seems that the situation in China is very liquid with different people saying different things.
Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#13 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:22 PM

I guess we can just hope that it won't be too bad.

The cynic inside me imagines that an enormous firework shipment is going to arrive- just after bonfire night. :P

#14 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:18 PM

Thats not too far off now- is it all "good to go?" IE are all your orders in/on the way?

#15 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:57 PM

Yep, we are still on for our full review night on Saturday 27th September.

HOWEVER.

TOMORROW NIGHT (Wednesday 6th August) we will be firing a huge range of items from the Royal Party catalogue for this year. The venue is near Slough.

It is really a trade night but its good to get some feedback from memebers of the community aswell.

If anyone is interested in attending, I will only give out the location by phone, so please call me for details. You can find my number on my website.
Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users