• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 07:58 PM

About 25 years ago I attended a 'fete champtre' at Clairmont Landscape garden. It ended with a firework display by (reverent silence) Ron Lancaster.

The last item was a shell - one hell of a bang, really high and wide burst (ooh) each of the stars explodes sending out more stars (fills about half the sky now) (ahh) and then (wait for it) each of these stars explodes again sending out long lasting willow tree trails which fill the whole sky from horizon to horizon (noises fail me).

Most spectacular firework I've ever seen - was it a true three break shell? (shells in shells in shell) as opposed to three shells joined together which people sometimes call three break?

Anyone seen anything like it?
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#2 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 10:22 PM

Sounds like a "shell-of-shells" rather than a multi-break. In multibreak you get a burst, then another seperately and so on... The one you described could have been Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Maltese, or even English (a slight possibility). The Chinese make a lot of what they call 'Thousand of Green Chrysanthemum' which basically means smaller green chrysandthemum shells in a bigger one, and no, there arent a thousand! Maybe 20 or a few more (depending on size). The orientals dont care for proper multi-break shells. Leave that to the Europeans (and Americans, to a degree)
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#3 Tony

Tony

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 05:14 PM

Hey guys ,
I got alot movies with Mutlibreak shells on it .
Just been to the 7th fireworkssymposium and filmed all kind of these shells.
These are Cilindric Multibreak shells.
The Big one you will see is made in Napoli And the company wich fired it is called Martarello Liuyang Fireworks from Italy.

Movie at malvarossa Beach Valencia 06-10-2003

www.Freakpyromaniacs.com
Enjoy .

I have also movie's off shells of shells let me know if you want to see them .

#4 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 07:19 AM

Really good movies :)

Shame it's not amatuar's fireworks.

BigG

#5 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 07:30 PM

that shell you were talking about was it just one major blast and then stars if so it could have been crossette stars with different effects.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#6 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 01:24 PM

mmm - possible...

It was definitly a shell of shells, but maybe the inner shells had croisette stars - I just could not see how you could get a 'shell of shell of shells'! but that was what it seemed like..
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#7 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 07:02 PM

Yes quite possible!

Like a Russian doll - only with er, pyro...

The insert shells and insert-insert shells would of course had tails on them? Or did it seem like they broke 'out of nowhere'?
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#8 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 08:00 PM

Hmm, I think crossete stars because the shells like you said addam would have had a trail and crossete stars can keep breaking up into more stars. :D
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users