22 replies to this topic

#1 YT2095

YT2095

The Resourceful One.

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

since Last years event went so well, it was agreed that this should be a yearly occurrence, we had a small group of about 50 people attend and enough food for each as well, and the word has gotten around about how excellent the display was that I expect there will be double that amount this year :)
Like last year, we`ll go for a starting time of 7:30pm, although those bringing fireworks that require setting up need to arrive earlier.
the grounds are privately owned and only accessible via a large lockable gate.

http://maps.google.c...H...p;z=18&om=1

also if you look to the bottom (hit the down arrow twice) you`ll see a School, and a long road besides it leading to allotments, that`s where the Gate is. and on the other side you can see our Community building.

the Schools address is:

St. Paul's C of E © Primary School
Robert Road
Tipton, West Midlands
DY4 9BH.

and for those that come by Train it`ll be Tipton Train station.

feel free to come along (there is no entrance fee) and bring your own fireworks with you as well, last year we fired in 2 sessions so there`s plenty of room and time for everyone that brings their own. I`ll be having a word with the local Photographic Society to attend also.

here`s last years thread: http://www.pyrosocie.......tipton&st=0
"In a world full of wonders mankind has managed to invent boredom" - Death

#2 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:38 PM

Well, as I should be free for this again- as long as I'm not babysitting- so yeah, I'd say that I am most likely free!

It would be useful if people could co-ordinate what they are bringing , just for the sake of good planning (does that sound right?) IE- to prevent people turning up with 2 items the same, or to prevent eg everyone bringing rockets and no-one bringing cakes or fountains etc.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#3 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:16 AM

Sorry to bump this, but I do think we need some co-ordination for this.

If it is the case that lots of people are turning up , each bring fireworks (as was the case at the last Icarus meet), then thats good- I'll know to bring a few bits.

However, if most people are busy , then it might be the case that I'm doing the majority of the pyro myself (which is good too!) This would mean of course I need to bring a lot more fireworks.

Either is good, of course. I just need to know.

#4 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:59 PM

hi really pleased you can do november the last one was superb i can bring a load of flap jack etc, do pm me if you want any help. What does everyone think to sticking a contributions bucket on the tea bar ??? chillie tea spuds etc for 25 to 50 is a lot of dosh
protodezine@gmail.com

#5 YT2095

YT2095

The Resourceful One.

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 08:02 AM

yeah, we had a small contributions jar next to the serving hatch last year, and as a result were able to give nearly 15 quid to Cancer Research UK :)

#6 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 09:01 AM

Unfortunatly its looking like I won't be able to make this now. :( A "free Saturday" is a luxury I rarely have. That said, I may well be able to turn up later on, maybe 9.30ish, but I can't say for sure.

Anyway, it should still be good!

I would strongly suggest that anyone bringing Pyro co-ordinates with YT and each other, regarding the style of the site etc- always best to plan in advance!

#7 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:16 PM

How's it looking? B)

#8 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:02 PM

Okey Dokey chaps! Seems like most of the people I have mentioned this too already have other commitments- this being a very busy night for paid assignments for anyone involved with Cat 4 or pro displays in general.

So, a suggestion maybe- would there be any mileage in holding it on the Sunday, or perhaps the Friday? To be clear- I don't mean this personally (IE I can't, myself, guarantee I'll be free that day) but as a general idea.

This event does need the support of people on this board- without whom there will be no fireworks!

#9 YT2095

YT2095

The Resourceful One.

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 08:55 AM

I`d rather not have the display Too far from the 5`th, but sunday (2`nd or 9`th) would be acceptable.

#10 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:23 PM

I`d rather not have the display Too far from the 5`th

That is totally understandable, but there is a bit of a catch 22 here! Anyone who is involved with professional firing or commercial fireworks (working in a shop) is likley to be mad-busy around the 5th. Most of the people I have mentioned this meet up to say that they would like to come, but they are busy/committed elsewhere.

But - anyway- please do post if you are interested!

Edited by David, 19 September 2008 - 01:24 PM.

#11 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:20 PM

Well, lots of people seem to be reading this, but no-one is posting a reply. The message I get is that Saturday is a very busy day for anyone involved in the industry.

I do feel that there are enough amateurs here to make this event work - but- and I realise that this is fast becoming a catchphrase- It does need some co-ordination!

So PLEASE just reply, even if to say- " This doesn't appeal to me " .... " I liked the idea but distance is an issue..." " Its a bad time of year..." " I'm concerned about.... "

I'm not trying to be pushy, of course. Sorry if I come across as such.

Personally (assuming it is arranged as such) if I am part of this I would rather not be the only person bringing pyro- part of the appeal of such an event is that I get to see various fireworks too that other people have brought!

Edited by David, 21 September 2008 - 09:22 PM.

#12 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:02 PM

well its possible i could go assuming i can arrange transport for myself , its not a close by event as its over 2 hours drive each but i can look into it , im sure i can talk Epic fireworks into letting me bring some items down if i can make it assuming theres a need for them

#13 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:35 AM

Just thinking - Would Saturday 25th October be any good? I know it isn't very near Bonfire Night, but that in itself has a plus side in that people are less likely to be busy on that date?

#14 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:23 PM

OK just had the list through from employers! I am likely to be free on the monday and tuesday 3rd and 4th nov. If this is any interest to YT, and if there are any others interested in running the display this might be a good time.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#15 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

Yeah- 3rd and 4th would be OK for me, probably. I can't guarantee I won't be working, though.

Edited by David, 02 October 2008 - 04:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users