182 replies to this topic

#46 Gor

Gor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:06 PM

Just a question....

Is there any way in which we can come together initially for a weekend? Can we rent a bit of land ( I know several) and meet up and do something together and get to know each other and drink beer and see what emerges.

It might be that we all hate each other and think setting up a club would be stupid, or it might be, barely legal, fun.

Now if somewhere with a licence could host this even better, but if it is a camping barn in the middle of nowhere then who is to know or care?

#47 zanes

zanes

The pimply youth of pyro!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:26 PM

count me in.

btw: fireworks+beer= BIG mess :)
:Message Delivered By Zanes:

All your base are belong to us

:/Message delivered by Zanes:

#48 Gor

Gor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:28 PM

fireworks THEN beer

#49 zanes

zanes

The pimply youth of pyro!!

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 07:42 PM

oh ok, when do we start? ;)
:Message Delivered By Zanes:

All your base are belong to us

:/Message delivered by Zanes:

#50 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 09:13 PM

Uh, like the fireworks, no beer-SPIRITS! :) :) Not that I intend to get drunk, just that I dont like most beers, taste like water

#51 Gor

Gor

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 10:50 PM

Sorry Guys.

I have just realised that I am sharing this forum with at least one flagrant racist.

I am not prepared to tolerate this so have withdrawn.

Thenks for all the help and support over the past few months.

I will u2u a couple of you, particularly those living close by if I get a show together in the next couple of months.

Gor

#52 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 11:52 PM

I love the way the youngins' all responded to the beer remark quick smart!
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#53 RegimentalPyro

RegimentalPyro

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 05:26 AM

Gor has a point you know.

Anybody who is puzzled by this should look at skinhead_88's signature. Believe it or not it's actually been toned down recently. I still find it racist.

#54 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 06:17 AM

Dont know why the admins havent caught onto that. Been apparent that he's a racist for some time.

#55 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 10:10 AM

Just a question....

Is there any way in which we can come together initially for a weekend? Can we rent a bit of land ( I know several) and meet up and do something together and get to know each other and drink beer and see what emerges.

It might be that we all hate each other and think setting up a club would be stupid, or it might be, barely legal, fun.

Now if somewhere with a licence could host this even better, but if it is a camping barn in the middle of nowhere then who is to know or care?

I don't mind meeting up and shoot some legal commercial fireworks :)

I’m not sure I want to decide the future of the club according to that. I’m been member of different clubs, play the Sunday league, and a member of a few boards. You have in those people who really loathed each other (nobody hates me naturally :), but they still function as a group well.

BigG

#56 lord_dranack

lord_dranack

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 11:34 AM

If any of this ever gets off the ground, count me in!

#57 adamw

adamw

An old Leodensian

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 24 September 2003 - 10:26 PM

Hello.

I have already removed his signature and issued a warning and altered his 'Warn' level. It looks like he chose to ignore it and offended again. This member has now been banned.

Appologies to anybody who was offended by it before we took action, and let this serve as a warning that such offences will not be tolerated.

Gor, I hope you do choose to come back now that this matter has been dealt with. You input has been most valuable and we would hate to loose a member as a result of anothers' ignorance.
75 : 15: 10... Enough said!

#58 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:07 PM

I'd like to know more, I am interested, what financial commitment would be involved
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#59 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 07:53 AM

We don’t know yet. The information from the HSE did not arrive yet. I’ll give them a ring again Monday next week if nothing arrives by then. I also plan on making a list of people who said they are interested.

I expect then first year to be more expensive then those who follow. We might need to put a system in place to discount following years for people who join on the first year to even things out.

BigG

#60 BigG

BigG

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 10:24 AM

Just finished reading the document sent by the HSE. It’s a maze. There is reference to at least six other publications that need to be considered.

The first impression is not easy. There are rules for everything. Size of buildings, materials, distances, applications, public hearing, Payments (by the hour) for inspectors and consistency, amount of people in each building, escape roots, security and so on.

Amazingly enough, about 90% of the materials is not necessarily applying to us, but for this I will need to read the other 6 applications :) I guess it’s too early to tell everyone what is required. The sample application that came with the booklet is only about 6 pages long, where 4 of those are drawings, so once you understand everything, it might not be that difficult.

If anyone here would like to take part in the process of trying to make this come to light, please drop me a line (U2U please, not a forum message), as I could use some help. Unfortunately, if you are under 21, you can not contact the HSE – they will not speak with you – so I’ll appreciate if some of the “older” members would step in.

Stay tune. I’ll keep everyone in touch.

BigG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users