Photo

The Exhibition Committee would like YOUR help!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 08:14 AM

Ok.....

I'm very pleased to say that last week I was appointed to the position of UKPS secretary, amongst the many things I have now to get my head round is the matter of organising Our Exhibition Committee.

As I cannot find a better way of explaining I hope Richard doesn't mind me using his post:

The society is forming an exhibition committee to manage the society's public outreach and promotion strategy to the general public. The new committee will organise stands at large public events to both promote and inform the general public on all aspects of pyrotechnics.

The society aims to produce a high quality stand complete with fact sheets, dummy fireworks, photographs and video. The new committee will oversee the management and delivery of these public outreach activities. Any member who is interested in getting involved in running the stands or developing our exhibitions should get in contact with us.

Contributions of dummy fireworks or items of historical or cultural interest for use on the stands would be most welcome. The details of the new committee will be announced shortly.

So I am looking for:

People interested in actually attending the shows and representing the UKPS. This will involve setting up our stand/display and liaising with the interested public. Hopefully you will have transport available to you or able to share with someone else who intends to join you on the stand as transporting the equipment to site will be needed also.

People wanting to make DUMMY / INERT projects. Ideally everything from tiny bottle rockets and inserts to cross sectional shells. These are intended to be put on display at the events so need to be of a high quality and able to withstand the rigours of the general public.

People or a person willing to store the tent, tables, banners, dummy shells etc in a central location where they can be collected by the people attending the next event. This needs to be a secure location though there wont be too much to store.

Please PM me if you would like to offer or discuss offering your services and what you would like to do.

Phill Cooper

#2 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

[quote name='cooperman435' date='Oct 6 2008, 09:14 AM' post='49383']
Ok.....

I'm very pleased to say that last week I was appointed to the position of UKPS secretary, amongst the many things I have now to get my head round is the matter of organising Our Exhibition Committee.

Congratulations Phil,

#3 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:20 PM

Could certainly man the stand at some events, the more notice the better of course...

Could also produce some dummy fireworks - Consumer fireworks of the 60's and 70's are a bit of a speciality...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#4 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

i'd love to help.....

cant see many of the exhibitions being in scotland though.....

#5 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:44 PM

Names and locations noted fellas thank you.
I will be in contact.

EVERYONE ELSE CONTACT ME!!!

Edited by cooperman435, 08 October 2008 - 11:44 PM.

#6 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:08 AM

Come on guys!

the plan is to have a few "bases" dotted around in suitable places with supplies that are needed to set up and "display" the UKPS at firework events and competitions.

Very much needed are those who would like to attend events and explain something about the society to those who enquire. Essentialy you and a few with you will get entry to the event so you can set up a stand and chat to people who approach you (no hard sales here) and youll get to watch the event too. Its not a big commitment we want or expect but something you should enjoy doing too.

Were also looking for a few people who are prepared to have a few boxes stored somewhere for them and others to use when attending an event.

Thanks to those who have already replied with offers of assistance your names have been gratefully added to the list of available helpers but we want more of you involved please.

you can post a comment, email me personally or email me as the UKPS secretary whichever you prefer.

#7 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

Are you planning anything for the SP event in mid November>? I may well be going to that, so I could help out if required.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#8 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:19 AM

David I will ask specifically about that event though initial plans are to simply get things in place this year ready for next.

Thankyou

#9 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:04 PM

Come on guys!

the plan is to have a few "bases" dotted around in suitable places with supplies that are needed to set up and "display" the UKPS at firework events and competitions.

Very much needed are those who would like to attend events and explain something about the society to those who enquire. Essentialy you and a few with you will get entry to the event so you can set up a stand and chat to people who approach you (no hard sales here) and youll get to watch the event too. Its not a big commitment we want or expect but something you should enjoy doing too.

Were also looking for a few people who are prepared to have a few boxes stored somewhere for them and others to use when attending an event.

Thanks to those who have already replied with offers of assistance your names have been gratefully added to the list of available helpers but we want more of you involved please.

you can post a comment, email me personally or email me as the UKPS secretary whichever you prefer.

Hi Phill,
if you are needing anybody in the south west then add my name to the list if i can be of any help,

Vince.

#10 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

OK NEWS at last (partly my fault for posting it 4 days late though)................

We have confirmed our first event!

STANFORD HALL On the 1st of August.

All UKPS members will receive a discount when purchasing tickets for the competition.

Please use the link below to see details of the location and event.

FIREWORKS CHAMPIONSHIP STANFORD HALL

Details:

We have a pitch inside the event and essentially that's it so far....... We need to arrange the rest, so...........

Gazebo: we need one, this will probably be purchased by the society to use for future events.
Table: Again we can purchase one for future use by the society.
UKPS Banner: This bit we do have already.
Leaflets: Being printed as we speak
Membership Applications:
Dummy show material: This is the second most pressing matter. We need display material. This can be INERT only and we have the intention of things like Shells, Rockets, Fountains, Cakes (all opened for display purposes probably),...... Everything essentially. It must look suitably professional, be inert and be with us (or the stand) on the night. If you wish to take it back later please feel free or we can look after it for future events too.

Which brings us to the most important thing STAFF.
We would like some people to help staff the display. You will simply be required to be there and chat to the public about pyrotechnics, the UKPS and associated subjects. We hope to maybe gain some possible members but that's not the actual point of attending. You will gain free entry and all we ask is you join me to put a face to the society, you don't need to be a member of the UKPS but those who are will take priority if there are more offers of help than we need.

Please EMAIL me using the link in my signature below if you will be free on the 1st of August and want to offer your services. Car share may be an available option depending on location so just ask.

See you all there!

Philip Cooper
UKPS Secretary

#11 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

Well as you know Phill, I'll be there...

I'll certainly bring some 'nostalger' dummies of old fireworks. Maybe in 'glass case' so it looks like an old newsagents display.

I've also made a giant UKPS rocket
rocket_2.jpg
Which might raise a bit of a laugh - I'm going to display it at the AGM along with some photos and posters for a bit of decoration!

Edited by phildunford, 17 February 2009 - 09:53 PM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#12 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

:lol: :ph34r:

#13 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:59 PM

Great stuff Phil, light the Bluetouch paper and RUN!!! :rolleyes:

Well, I think Richard, Phil and ...Phil know where I stand with this ( how was the "bio" BTW Rich ?)

Gazebo...Got one, but it's a summer one?
Table...Got one but sort we taking..Paste table?
Membership Applications....I spoke to Rich and will be printing them of myself

As for "dummies", I'm pretty sure I can come up with some quality stuff by then, I'm sure some of you know how neurotic I can be when it comes to such things :rolleyes:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#14 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

As mentioned in committee, I can provide stage lighting - par cans etc to pretty things up, if we have mains power available. I can also provide data projectors etc, as I work in AV...

Think we could make a good show of this.

ps now I've made the rocket, I want to make it go, be about a twenty pounder I think - lol
Posted Imagethegreenman

#15 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:37 PM

slowly coming together guys.

Portfire I think the paste table will be good I have one too so we have plenty of top space?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users