• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 pyroduck7

pyroduck7

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:51 PM

what are people doing for the 5th? is everyone just going to buy crappy rip off fireworks (with respect) or is anyone going to make anything?

im going to a show, and im makeing a few 3" shells and some rockets.

what you doing?

#2 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:33 PM

few things for the back garden:

Posted Image

& these are for a bigger display:

13 Case Waterfall
Posted Image
Horizontal wheel
Posted Image
Prince of Wale's Feathers
Posted Image

Edited by phildunford, 31 October 2008 - 10:16 AM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#3 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 11:16 PM

Amazing work there Phil!

#4 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:04 AM

oh, the 5th......what day is that again ????

im doing a local display of :a bonfire ( 10 fountains around base, 1 large hay bail in centre, with 30 wood crates...hay lightly doused in fuel....multiple igntion, then after 20 minutes, the fireworks - almost 30 fountains, 20 odd fair sized mines......at least 15 fairly small smoke bbmbs ( in a large circle, for 15 seconds.....a friend will be testing a laser system) and around 50 rockets of a decent size - all single fire with delay...5 at a time

then toffee apples, and onto my local "BIG" display.

#5 dogsbody

dogsbody

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

the 5th, well got a meeting :angry:

but hopefully doing a display on the 2nd if i can even get onto the field with the weather we've been havign down here last couple of days, one town has been closed off due to 6ft hail difts, flooding and landslides. So if any of you have ever heard of ottery st Mary and their tar barrells during next week, not sure if it will go ahead yet (nor their carnival on saturday and firework display - this field IS underwater!)

thanksfully my field is in a hill!

fingers crossed

#6 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

Amazing work there Phil!

Thanks Rich.

Lets hope they work!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#7 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

Superb work Phil! I thought I was seeing things for a second. What a blast from the past! I hope to see them in action.

#8 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:34 PM

Superb work Phil! I thought I was seeing things for a second. What a blast from the past! I hope to see them in action.

Thanks! I think I am reliving my childhood - fireworks looked so much better then.

Some use prints of old lables (from the fireworks museum) and try to emulate the original performance, some are my own ideas but are decorated in my idea of what a firework should look like! I guess mainly from the 60's and 70's - yes, I am that old!
Posted Imagethegreenman

#9 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

Thanks! I think I am reliving my childhood - fireworks looked so much better then.

Yes I quite agree. However my memory isnt that great. I seem to remember mine of serpents saying "commencing with a tree of fire followed by a loud explosion ejecting stars" I dont ever remember the loud explosion though. I seem to remember they had a loose fitting card disc at the top which wouldnt have had much effect at confinment. I also dont remember how big a spray a snow storm made. A smell recently reminded me of it though recently when using a comp with antimony in it.

Maybe one day we'll get some in depth diagrams and original comps to recreate these greats once again.

#10 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:10 PM

100% shop bought all the way for me! Although as for the "rip off" bit, what I am using was between 16 - 60% off RRP!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#11 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

Excellent stuff there Phil. You have certainly put a lot of work in. Only one thing missing on the recreated Standard small items. The post office red resin on the clay at the base of the tubes.

Don't forget to video it and post it here. Your tree of gerbs with saxons was great, so I look forward to seeing more of your videos.

Edited by Mortartube, 30 October 2008 - 05:25 PM.

Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#12 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:27 PM

Excellent Phil, your fireworks take me back to my youth,...............great to see the old favorites from my childhood too!

#13 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

Is that blue touchpaper cosmetic, or is it actually a blue touchpaper fuse? Excellent work, by the way!
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#14 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

1st November - Southend Seafront (marine parade) at 7.00pm

5th November - Friend`s back garden party

8th November - Lord Mayor`s Show 5.30pm

#15 pyroduck7

pyroduck7

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:38 PM

thats a bloody good job phil! i thought thay where bought for a second. there really nice. can i ask what the things in the second photo are, iv never come accross them before. i should have a vidieo of my fireworks up on arround the 10th hopefully. my scales broke and im ordering some more of the internet on saterday, aswell as some potassium benzoate and the some chemicals to make micro stars. lets just hope i get them in time!

and the 5th is a wensday.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users