• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Bri

Bri

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:14 PM

Firstly sorry if this thread is in the wrong place.

I have a query about Launch Kontrol.

I am thinking about getting this but was wondering if it would work out the way i intend it to.

If i purchased the Launch Kontrol Pro version (i.e 1 Remote, 4 Recievers, 20 Ignitors) and a seperate Launch Kontrol (Standard version) With 2 Recievers would they interfere with each other.

As in would the Standard version remote set off the Pro version recievers and vice versa.

What im wanting to do is to use the standard unit to link up my pairs of fireworks (hence 2 recievers linked into it) and the pro version to set off a sequence of individual fireworks as and when required

#2 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:33 PM

Firstly sorry if this thread is in the wrong place.

I have a query about Launch Kontrol.

I am thinking about getting this but was wondering if it would work out the way i intend it to.

If i purchased the Launch Kontrol Pro version (i.e 1 Remote, 4 Recievers, 20 Ignitors) and a seperate Launch Kontrol (Standard version) With 2 Recievers would they interfere with each other.

As in would the Standard version remote set off the Pro version recievers and vice versa.

What im wanting to do is to use the standard unit to link up my pairs of fireworks (hence 2 recievers linked into it) and the pro version to set off a sequence of individual fireworks as and when required

there will be no interference from either remote control .....once set up they use unique codes between receiver and transmitter , whats more you can "mate" any number of receivers to work with either of the transmitters so in theory you can fire 100 fireworks with 1 button push sould the need ever arise, and any reciever will work wirh any remote so you dont have to keep all the kits in sperate boxes

#3 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:58 PM

Screwball wish you hadnt mentioned that, unlimited fireworks from 1 button, if only id known about the launch kontrol thing this year, will definately be using it or something similar next year though!

#4 Bri

Bri

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 09:44 AM

there will be no interference from either remote control .....once set up they use unique codes between receiver and transmitter , whats more you can "mate" any number of receivers to work with either of the transmitters so in theory you can fire 100 fireworks with 1 button push sould the need ever arise, and any reciever will work wirh any remote so you dont have to keep all the kits in sperate boxes

Ah right. So i could possibly get away with just the pro unit and set up more than 1 reciever on say channel A for my pairing of fireworks and use the other 3 channels for setting off seperate fireworks in a sequence :D
I thought the most you could have linked up was 4 recievers to each transmitter.

Cheers for that Screwball

Not sure i'll ever have the need to fire 100 fireworks at once but NYE could be a lot more interesting now B)

Edited by Bri, 13 November 2008 - 09:45 AM.

#5 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:40 PM

Ah right. So i could possibly get away with just the pro unit and set up more than 1 reciever on say channel A for my pairing of fireworks and use the other 3 channels for setting off seperate fireworks in a sequence :D
I thought the most you could have linked up was 4 recievers to each transmitter.

Cheers for that Screwball

Not sure i'll ever have the need to fire 100 fireworks at once but NYE could be a lot more interesting now B)

yup you should be ok with the pro unit and several receivers , the transmitter fires a beam to the receivers so as long as all the receivers are in the beams range and angle of view and all were "mated" to the same button at the same them then any number of receivers should work you cvan have 1 receiver on button A , 2 on button B and C and 1 more on D or indeed any combination really

a guy on UKFR fired his whole display with them used something like 16 receivers i seem to recall , i was going to do the same myself untill i got the professionals involved with shells

#6 NickC

NickC

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 09:11 PM

yup you should be ok with the pro unit and several receivers , the transmitter fires a beam to the receivers so as long as all the receivers are in the beams range and angle of view and all were "mated" to the same button at the same them then any number of receivers should work you cvan have 1 receiver on button A , 2 on button B and C and 1 more on D or indeed any combination really

a guy on UKFR fired his whole display with them used something like 16 receivers i seem to recall , i was going to do the same myself untill i got the professionals involved with shells

So would be me - video of the display is here - a few blanks - one of two fireworks failed to ignite - but nothing wrong with the LK system. http://www.vimeo.com/2256995. All fired with Launch Kontrol (3 Tx / 11 receivers).

#7 sjc

sjc

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:04 PM

So would be me - video of the display is here - a few blanks - one of two fireworks failed to ignite - but nothing wrong with the LK system. http://www.vimeo.com/2256995. All fired with Launch Kontrol (3 Tx / 11 receivers).

WOW! What a display - almost pro!

#8 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:30 PM

Excellent display very impressed. What was being fired around 12mins 40secs?

#9 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

Pm sent.

Very impressed with that one, clearly a well thought out display.

What were the rockets that were fired right at the end of the display ?

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Wjames

#10 screwball

screwball

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:50 AM

Pm sent.

Very impressed with that one, clearly a well thought out display.

What were the rockets that were fired right at the end of the display ?

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Wjames

those were "King" rockets with i believe the odd Sky Thriller thrown in as well both from Epic fireworks

#11 NickC

NickC

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:55 AM

those were "King" rockets with i believe the odd Sky Thriller thrown in as well both from Epic fireworks

Correct - there was one sky thriller in amongst that lot - the colour is much whiter.

#12 NickC

NickC

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:58 AM

Excellent display very impressed. What was being fired around 12mins 40secs?

Hercules * 3

#13 yorkie

yorkie

Yorkie

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:46 AM

Cracking display, well done Nick

#14 Aftershock

Aftershock

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:57 PM

Hercules * 3

Say 12mins 45secs the ones with alot of colour being fired straight up with no fan effect? Cant remember seeing it in Hercules!

Also did you post a list of everything you fired in the display?

#15 Dan2310

Dan2310

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:13 PM

NickC

Can't believe that was your own home display! Was absolutley amazing :) Loved every minute of it, from the timing to the choice of music! Brilliant!

Bet your audience was more than pleased with that :D

Thanks for posting anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users