• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

I have been offered many (thousands) plastic mouldings designed for theatrical maroons initially and would like to offer them out if anyone is interested.

there are five sizes each with a lid which has a 1/4 time fuse socket protruding from the top and are to be plastic solvent welded together.

I see them being useful for many applications apart from their intended use such as shell, cake and candle inserts.

Sizes are:
H is height from base to top of fuse socket (which is 8.5mm high from the shoulder itself on every version) micro doesnt have a shoulder but the fuse socket is the same as the rest.
OD is outside diameter
WALL is wall thickness of the main container

GIANT: OD35mm, H58mm, WALL3.37mm
LARGE: OD26mm, H48.5mm, WALL2.67mm
MEDIUM: OD21mm, H39.5mm, WALL2.26mm
SMALL: OD13.4mm, H28mm, 1.54mmWALL
MICRO: OD8.1mm, H35mm, WALL1.4mm

Pictures show them closed, open and with time fuse inserted.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0133.jpg
  • IMG_0134.jpg
  • IMG_0135.jpg

Edited by cooperman435, 23 January 2009 - 01:54 PM.

#2 RFD

RFD

RFD

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

Definatly sound useful Cooperman,particulary for cakes,any idea on prices and quantitys available.

#3 FIZCRACLE

FIZCRACLE

FIZCRACLE

• UKPS Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:27 PM

MM Sounds interesting whats the deal on them ? £ ??
cheers U no who ?! :wacko:

#4 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

Ill post exact prices very soon. I know the cost of the units but I still have to add on a little to cover shipping to me in the first place.

There are literally thousands already made and available now to me. stock is limitless as they can be made to order for me at the same price. Ideally I would like to sell them in sets (one of each) as the company who make them say the mould throws out 10 mouldings per press (a top and bottom for each size) and 99.9% of the cost of them is manufacture not materials. If I were to buy just large on their own the cost would be almost the same as a set of 5!

To give you an idea price is looking like it shouldn't break 75p per set depending on the price of delivery to me, it could be a little more but is likely to be less, but if people want a number of sets at once it will definitely be less. I'm trying to get to around 50p per set if say 100 were bought at once by a number of people as it saves me on delivery to order 1000 sets at once.

Not that it makes much difference but there all black ABS currently if we were to exhaust the current stock they could be made in a different colour too.

Edited by cooperman435, 23 January 2009 - 11:02 PM.

#5 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:53 PM

Why do people go for mixed tools? always causes problems in my experience, and I've been involved in a lot of moulding projects. However it's an opportunity to get some useful bits so we ought to take advantage of what's there.
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#6 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:16 AM

I assume the initial idea was to manufacture similar quantity's of each so being that the units are charged for per press of the mould it makes sense to make 5 per press for the same price as one.

Interested in a few Trev?

#7 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

Aye, I'll be up for some. It would also be interesting to ask if in the future it was possible to run them in a biodegradable plastic, plastic debris can be a bit of a problem at some shows, particularly if they're not being broken very hard when the shards are quite big. As salutes it's maybe less of a problem.
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#8 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:51 AM

I will ask

#9 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

The company says it should be possible to run them in Bio Plastic and will let me know in the next few days for definate. There will be a surcharge as the plastic is exensie but at 50g per set I cant see it being much really per set.

Everyone else please make yourself known if you would be interested in some as I need to get numbers together for the first large delivery so pennies per set are saved in delivery.

#10 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

The company says it should be possible to run them in Bio Plastic and will let me know in the next few days for definate. There will be a surcharge as the plastic is exensie but at 50g per set I cant see it being much really per set.

Everyone else please make yourself known if you would be interested in some as I need to get numbers together for the first large delivery so pennies per set are saved in delivery.

Count me in Phil.

#11 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:34 PM

Cheers mate.

Ive had some emails too about them so it would appear like in a week or two Ill be getting the first lot. Currently it looks like 500 but if we can string together a few more folks then 1000 will be possible and a bit cheaper too. Im having a few hundred myself!

When I first saw them I thought there must be more folks out there than this who would want them! a complete plastic shell ready to launch with only 2 steps of gluing and a pre made fuse hole made specifically for time fuse! Come on guys!

Edited by cooperman435, 26 January 2009 - 10:36 PM.

#12 Sambo

Sambo

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:07 PM

Ill take some off your hands Phil.
Currently firing for Pendragon Fireworks

#13 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

Ok rough prices are as follows per set if bought in these numbers :

1 set = 68p
5 sets = 63p
10 sets = 59p
25 sets = 56p
50 sets = 53p
75 sets =50p
100 sets =47p
250 sets = 45p
500 sets = 42p
1000 sets = 40p

I can get more than 1000 and would be happy to discuss a price if anyone wants more than that (but I doubt it lol)

Please PM me with the number you want so I can establish an order soon. I intend to order 600 first time unless demand exceeds this.

#14 leosedf

leosedf

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:31 PM

I am really interested but not for now cause i'm planning to order some quantity, hopefully next month. Very interesting!

#15 cooperman435

cooperman435

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

No problem. I need to get numbers sorted so I know how many to get. Postage works out cheapest per 600 so I can get 600, 1200 etc. Its not a problem to get 600 now and another lot in a few weeks as the price will be the same anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users