Photo

Are you interested in manufacturing fireworks?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you interested in manufacturing fireworks? (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you interested in amateur non-commercial firework manufacture?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

Maybe the hard core of people are not on this site my suggestion is to expend your advertising, I have 74 members on my site that would vote a yes. 

Off topic i know,

But out of interest which site do you run?

#47 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

I am sure there will be someone from admin to explain the slowness in processing membership, two months is unacceptable.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#48 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

http://pyro-gear.co.uk/index.html we are trying to support the cause and i have made an appeal to the members to vote unfortunately there is some negative response, as you are a member maybe you could clarify a few points regarding the posts on my site, I understand acceptance of membership via admin approval is appropriate for the current “spamming issues” that plague forums, but a two month wait and still no confirmation email for acceptance to this site from a member on pyro gear makes you wonder.

Feel free to post on my site anything that may help your cause, Regards stay safe Ken 

Just had a look at the comments on your site and there seems to be some confusion over having to pay to use the UKPS forums. I've signed up so I'll post a comment there to help clarify, would be great to get some more experienced pyros on board.

#49 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

You are quite right Kenneth,

The relevant information is in the members only section,hopefully the admin upon reading this will move it to the open forum for all to read,

Vince.

#50 Rip Rap

Rip Rap

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

Yes, I am very interested.

"Choose a job that you love & you will never do a days work in your life!"

#51 paul5750

paul5750

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

#52 Aardvark

Aardvark

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

A definite yes.

#53 David G

David G

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:42 AM

Anyone else had this email from HO?

PROTECT

Dear all,

Thank you for your response to the recent consultation on proposed amendments to the Poisons Act (1972), Poisons List (1982) and Poisons Rules (1982).

We are currently analysing the results and will publish our appraisal of the consultation shortly.

Due to the complex nature of the subject matter and to avoid any misunderstanding, we want to check whether the policy option section in the consultation survey was fully understood. As you may recall, this part of the survey was written in shorthand to highlight the key points and simplify the proposed options.

Set out in the text below are the proposed policy options in long hand with accompanying background information:

Background

The policy objectives are to:

Ensure poisons controls are effective in reducing the risk of misuse whilst still enabling legitimate sales.

Ensure that burdens are appropriately placed on those at risk of using the substances to cause harm.

Minimise burdens by implementing at the same time and in the same way as the Marketing and Use of Explosives Precursors Regulation.

Policy Options

The policy options are:

OPTION 1 – is to make no changes (do nothing).

OPTION 2 – is to make a requirement for home users to obtain a licence in advance of a purchase of a Part 1 poison from a registered pharmacy. Both Part 1 and 2 poisons would be subject to mandatory suspicious transaction, theft and significant loss reporting for end user and business to business sales. Option 2 would also include a requirement for labeling affected Part 1 products to indicate that the acquisition, possession or use of the product is restricted. Retailers would no longer have to purchase a licence to sell Part 2 poisons. Any customer purchasing Part 1 or 2 poisons could be affected by the request for businesses to report suspicious transactions.

In addition, home users of Part 1 poisons will be affected by the proposal to licence home users. Known home uses of Part 1 poisons include use as rodent control and metal extracting.

OPTION 3 - is to move all Part 2 poisons above the current concentration thresholds for retail sale without a licence to Part 1 so they may only be sold by a registered pharmacist. This would include all products or pure substance (e.g. strong acids at higher concentrations) containing poisons above the concentration thresholds. Retailers would no longer have to purchase a licence to sell remaining available Part 2 poisons (i.e. those below approved limits).The Poisons Board believe that this option would not add burdens to industry or place undue restrictions for purchase by the general public. 

The Home Office is gathering further evidence to understand the full range of products affected by this proposal.

As with option 2, option 3 would also include a requirement for labelling affected Part 1 or Part 2 products to indicate that the acquisition, possession or use of the product is restricted or otherwise.

A member of the general public wishing to purchase a Part 1 poison would need to have their personal details accurately recorded by the pharmacy in the Poisons Register.

The proposed amendments to the Poisons Act will have a direct impact on retail businesses that sell marketed products or pure substances that contain poisons above current approved limits on the poisons lists, and consumers who purchase these poisons for home use.

When we say home use we mean not for a business or professional use. This includes use in hobbies or home cleaning or gardening if you are not being paid to perform the activity.

If, after reading the above text you would like to amend your previous answer, please could you send your responses to precursorsandpoisons@homeoffice.x.gsi.gov.uk  and Tom.Rawson@homeoffice.x.gsi.gov.uk by 12pm on Friday 7th February.

Any additional comments or amendments received after this time will not be considered in the published consultation response.

Kind regards,

Precursors and Poisons Consultation Team – Home Office

#54 Sparky

Sparky

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

An old post but YES of course!"

#55 Predator

Predator

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

I am addicted to pyrotechnics & one thing is certain, I just can?t survive without it.

Edited by Predator, 25 February 2014 - 08:14 AM.

#56 sparky999

sparky999

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

yes

#57 sparky999

sparky999

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

Forgive me but I am knew here....wanted to ask is there any progress on being able to make small amounts of explosives for making fireworks ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users