• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

I will be upgrading both the site and forum software this evening. There may be some downtime during this process. I will try to minimise any disruption to your evening surfing! :P

#2 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:52 PM

As you may have noticed, the upgrade is now complete. Please report any problems or issues to me and I will try to help as fast I can.

#3 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

Hi Rich,

Not sure about the new look - guess I'll get used to it!

1) Is there an equivalent of 'view new postings' or whatever it was called - view new content does not seem to do the same thing. eg I put in a new posting and it does not appear in this list...

2) When you insert an image link, the box seems to appear off the left of the screen - I'm still on IE6 on this computer if that makes a difference, mainly 'cos I hate IE7!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#4 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:38 PM

Hello,

I agree it will take a while to get used to. You should / you will soon see other people's new posts when you click view new content - although I see duplicate entries for each new post. I would suggest clearing your temporary files and cookies and see if it improves anything. I expect there to be a few bugs that will need to be looked at.

Don't use IE6, it's the work of the devil! Firefox all the way my friend! :)

#5 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:30 PM

Apologies guys, but there have been some issues with the migration and I've had to restore to last night's database backup. I appreciate there may some frustrations with the forum software, but I'd ask you all to give it a go. There are problems with duplication that I'm working to resolve. I've fixed the issue with duplicate personal messages that some of you may have noticed. Apologies for any posts made this morning that have now disappeared.

It is important that we migrate to new major releases of the forum software, to ensure future compatibility. When I say future I mean thinking ahead the next 10 - 20 years!

#6 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

I agree we need to keep up to date software, last thing we want is for some hacker to mess up the forum. But is the old skin compatible with this new software, can you install a few more skins to give us a choice because this this layout is so hard to use.

the View new content button still not working for me

(sorry to repeat myself but my message was lost since the backup.)

Edited by PyroPDC, 26 June 2009 - 01:46 PM.

#7 dogsbody

dogsbody

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

View new posts works for me, but first time i had to click on clear all board (I think) otherwise it told me i had 1700+ new posts. only issue I have, when looking at new post option it displays as a tree (outline style?) but doesnt seem to be an option to turn this off (option in my control panel works for main board but not new posts)

#8 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

View new posts works for me, but first time i had to click on clear all board (I think) otherwise it told me i had 1700+ new posts. only issue I have, when looking at new post option it displays as a tree (outline style?) but doesnt seem to be an option to turn this off (option in my control panel works for main board but not new posts)

ahh thats fixed seeing 1700 old posts thanks.

Though the button at the top right (view new content) dont work for me but the button on the bottom "today's active content" does work so at least i see today's posts.

just thinking about it if you could switch off the outline tree style in the viewing new posts ect then that would make using the board so much easier to the point I could get used to it :lol: .

Edited by PyroPDC, 26 June 2009 - 02:49 PM.

#9 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

I posted here earlier and my post is gone. Has it been deleted by admin or has this software gone and made it disappear up it's own touch hole?
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#10 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

I posted here earlier and my post is gone. Has it been deleted by admin or has this software gone and made it disappear up it's own touch hole?

all posts today were lost since richard had to revert to a backup copy from last night. Post 5 explains what happened

p.s every now and again i keep getting a error message "database error please contact the administrator"

Edited by PyroPDC, 26 June 2009 - 04:19 PM.

#11 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

Hello Keith,

Read my message that I posted this afternoon. Unfortunately I had to restore from last night's backup due to some inconsistencies I was seeing this morning. I will be spending some time this weekend ironing out any problems. Apologies again for any posts or PMs made today that have been lost.

#12 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:03 PM

all posts today were lost since richard had to revert to a backup copy from last night. a post 5 explains what happened

p.s every now and again i keep getting a error message "database error please contact the administrator"

Ok thanks.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#13 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:59 PM

Good to see things been sorted Rich, I am starting to like the new look, sets "us" apart :rolleyes:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#14 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

I think I've sorted the weird issue with duplicate entries appearing on 'View New Content'. Hopefully that functionality will 'calm down' the more it is used by you all. Things are always a little shaky when I do these big upgrades. My priority really was preserving the 54,000 + records!

#15 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:32 PM

I think I've sorted the weird issue with duplicate entries appearing on 'View New Content'. Hopefully that functionality will 'calm down' the more it is used by you all. Things are always a little shaky when I do these big upgrades. My priority really was preserving the 54,000 + records!

that's a lot better, I think they were the things that were making it so hard to read. I'm actually starting to like it now. :rolleyes: it seems the new content button is now working for me to.

thank you Richard

Edited by PyroPDC, 26 June 2009 - 06:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users