• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:32 PM

It only took about 5 hours to get to the bottom of it!

#17 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

It only took about 5 hours to get to the bottom of it!

:blink: that must have been driving u crazy.

also as a side note the button for the members map is now missing just in case you didn't know

thanks again

#18 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:39 PM

Yeah I need to sort the template out next. I think I'm in for a fun weekend!

#19 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

Sure I'm being dumb (nothing new there) but where are my messages?

Also, tried 'help' but the links don't seem to go anywhere...

Also(!) view new content still does not work for me, although todays activity does.

Edited by phildunford, 26 June 2009 - 08:08 PM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#20 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:21 PM

To view your messages, top right corner, click your name and select the option from the dropdown.

Help link? Where? Screenshots would be useful.

#21 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

Help Link:

Top right under the username there is a help link. This brings up a help page with a list of topics. They appear to be be active links, but when you click on them nothing happens.

Hope this makes sense!

PS Thanks for the message info - got it now.

PPS I clicked on my picture/ Icon, which takes you to your profile - did not realise the user name had a drop dorwn

Edited by phildunford, 26 June 2009 - 09:07 PM.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#22 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:36 PM

Me again, tell me to bu**er off if I'm getting on your nerves, just trying to be helpful.

Discovered the reason that I did not see the dropdown on the username is that it does not display under IE6. Under Firefox you get a white triangle. There are various other minor formatting problems under IE6. Not tried IE7.

I take your point about IE, but a lot of people use it, sometimes because they have no option (companies like it because they have control through GPO's etc) and I think the software should be backward compatible to some extent...
Posted Imagethegreenman

#23 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:51 PM

It does sound like IE6 dislikes the new template, as the various issues you report are no problem for me. That said, IE6 is a pretty appalling browser and web developers are becoming less inclined to bother making sure their sites continue to work with it. We're now on IE8, and I made the jump to Firefox several years ago. I will see if anything can be done...

#24 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:57 PM

ok quick question, when i click view new content instead of it showing the new posts (which there is) every now and again it takes me to today's new members i then have to click again to take me to new posts. is it supposed to do this ??

#25 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:02 PM

loving the new look, just one thing on my profile page its telling me i haven't set my" status" what exactly is my status?, and yes i know what the word status means!
what sort of things are can we put in the status bar?, ta chris

#26 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

Where have the PMs gone? I seem to have no PM facility, neither send, receive, or read.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#27 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:34 AM

Where have the PMs gone? I seem to have no PM facility, neither send, receive, or read.

hi Arthur

top right you'll see your name in a box, click on it and another box drops down then click messages

there's no longer a inbox or outbox just all in one (which it a bit annoying)

Edited by PyroPDC, 27 June 2009 - 09:35 AM.

#28 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:40 AM

loving the new look, just one thing on my profile page its telling me i haven't set my" status" what exactly is my status?, and yes i know what the word status means!
what sort of things are can we put in the status bar?, ta chris

Hi Chris,

If you use Facebook, then you might get the idea. Basically it's a way to say what's on your mind at the minute, and it will appear (I presume!) as a headline when someone visits your profile.

#29 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:12 AM

Well after "cleaning" my inbox yesterday, I've found that the number of messages has jumped up today? I've now deleted the whole lot, I'll keep you posted if they come back LOL
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#30 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:22 AM

Hello Dean,

Chances are that you panicked when you saw you were over 100% capacity (because of duplication), deleted a few, then I had to restore the backup, and then I removed duplicate PM's. I actually think things are looking pretty stable now! Not been the smoothest of upgrades, but all good fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users