21 replies to this topic

#1 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:11 PM

Hello all,

It has come to my attention that some (or more?) of you are experiencing issues either sending or receiving personal messages to other forum users. I want to establish the following with your help:

• Has anyone experienced problems sending personal messages to other members?
  • Has anyone experienced problems receiving personal messages from other members?
  • What are the common symptoms or error messages displayed to you?
  • Was this a problem, or has it now become a problem? Is it a problem some or all of the time or not at all?
  • Are you able to reliably reproduce the problem?
I am keen to establish whether this is an on-going issue. I am aware that there have been problems replying to pre-upgrade messages in some cases. I don't think there is much that can be done about that unfortunately.

Thanks for your help!

#2 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

Doing some research, this does seem to be an acknowledged and on-going issue with the forum software. Hopefully the guys will get to the bottom of it soon.

http://forums.invisi...essenger-error/

#3 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:59 PM

At 1855 today I got

"The member cannot receive any new messages" from an attempt to PM you.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#4 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

Thanks, anyone else?

#5 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

I received a pm from another member that was meant for Phil Dunford regarding the Illuminate Consult course. As the pm contained personal information I feel the senders security was compromised.
Vic
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#6 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

It does seem that if a sender CCs a message to several recipients then any reply goes to all those people. I sent a message in reply, to a post that obviously had several original recipients so it went to all the original cc recipients, not just the original writer.

#7 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

The new system allows for a conversation to be shared amongst multiple recipients.

#8 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

I tried to reply to a message to Richard H, but it wouldn't let me. I also tried to send a fresh message, but it would let me either. That was two days ago- the message itself was the one about a "Membership light" scheme, posted now on this board.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#9 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:42 PM

Well I've just had a message from one member to another,which doesn't concern me, arrive in my inbox, which does concern me. There is no reason for PMs to be wrongly directed.

This IPBoard is seriously sub standard.

#10 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

It does concern you, as you, and I were CC'd in! A conversation is possible between many people. All listed participants will receive all replies to that message. You can remove participants from seeing your reply, or simply start a new and private message. I started the message in question to notify you all of the recent visit to Kimbolton.On the contrary, the new software is actually very good. It just takes some getting used to. There are bound to be some teething troubles, but overall a very solid and proven product. If it wasn't it would not be here now.

#11 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

the new software is actually very good. It just takes some getting used to. There are bound to be some teething troubles, but overall a very solid and proven product. If it wasn't it would not be here now.

Agreed. At first I wasn't sure but now prefer it over the old one
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#12 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:12 AM

I tried to message Richard H again today, but got "member cannot recieve any new messages."

As such, if Richard is reading this, perhaps send me a message, it might let me reply? Or maybe not, there might be a default "blocked" list. To be honest, I dunno!

#13 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

I tried to message Richard H again today, but got "member cannot recieve any new messages."

As such, if Richard is reading this, perhaps send me a message, it might let me reply? Or maybe not, there might be a default "blocked" list. To be honest, I dunno!

Hi Richard,

I too tried sending you a message at about 15.00 today, but I also got a "member cannot recieve any new messages" reply!

Is there still teething troubles?....or am I not doing something right?

#14 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:55 PM

Unfortunately this is still an ongoing issue. I am awaiting updates from the company that develop the forum software.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. I can be reached by e-mailing me through the board. The same is true for the majority of you too.

#15 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:38 AM

Righto, I'll use the e mailing thing!

It's a curious system, I've not seen it before- quite efficient, too- the e mail address isn't show, the message is sent to the persons e mail through the forum, presumably for privacy reasons.

But yeah, E mail on it's way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users