• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

According to the bug tracker on Invision's site, this issue has been marked as resolved. I await the next software update with anticipation!

#17 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

The forum has been upgraded today to the next stable release. To the best of my knowledge, the problem with personal messages should now be resolved! Please let me know if any of you continue to have any problems.

Thanks.

#18 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:37 AM

Also, there have been improvements to the 'View New Content' option. I believe this was a major criticism of the new release, and judging by some of your reaction here, I can see why!

#19 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

Im still experiencing slight issues with the view new content option.

Quite often when I use it it displays no new posts but when I click it again it shows posts?

#20 dogsbody

dogsbody

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:05 PM

I think this could be something to do with the Browser as I get diferent happenings from the forum depending on where i am logged in (use ie8 at home and 2 other versions in different offices i'm in) wierd eh!!

#21 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

I think this could be something to do with the Browser as I get diferent happenings from the forum depending on where i am logged in (use ie8 at home and 2 other versions in different offices i'm in) wierd eh!!

This version seems very intolerant of older browsers.

I know it's a point of view that you should always up date to the latest browser version, but it's not my point of view! Also it's not an option for many people (at work etc).

I looked at the visitors to one of the larger websites I administer and 20% of them are still using IE 6. This board is very cranky indeed on IE 6 but invision just don't support it. Most software companies make at least some attempt to be backward compatible, but not invision it seems...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#22 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:40 PM

By the way chaps. I just thought I should say I think this new PM system is absolutely great. So much easier having a message thread.

Well done the best system of any of the forums that I wander about in.
Phew that was close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users