23 replies to this topic

#1 SamCT

SamCT

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:42 PM

Hi guys,

This might help some of you out there, today in the Daily express newspaper there's a voucher for a free pack of rockets (apparently worth £29.99... yeah right) when you spend £15.

I went in today with the voucher, and found out that you can use their deals too (buy one get one free). So i spent £20 and got all this :D and all on its own without deals is mean't to be £69.95! :S

Posted Image

Sam

Edited by SamCT, 24 October 2009 - 07:44 PM.

#2 MiniChris

MiniChris

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:15 AM

Dont mean to make this sound nasty but you spent £20 on some single shot roman candles and some small rockets?? And an RRP of £70 wow!! Sainsburys are on one!

#3 cpfireworks

cpfireworks

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:52 AM

Dont mean to make this sound nasty but you spent £20 on some single shot roman candles and some small rockets?? And an RRP of £70 wow!! Sainsburys are on one!

agreed shop around you could have got a lot more for your £20. Sainsbury are taking the urine

#4 SamCT

SamCT

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 01:00 PM

No offence taken, don't worry,

they were only brought because of the voucher, just thought it might help some people on here with a budget. It was £20 for all of the above which i don't think is bad. but yes your right about the RRP being total parp.

I've brought alot more than just that too :) some CAT3 stuff, but its a family and friends thing im doing so have to find a happy medium (i.e. one person that comes really really likes fountains, personally i hate the bloody things!)

Some of whats been brought so far:

Posted Image

Edited by SamCT, 25 October 2009 - 01:01 PM.

#5 chimp

chimp

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

I think everyone wants you to try those rockets and candles and report back. Why not try a tester?

#6 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

I think everyone wants you to try those rockets and candles and report back. Why not try a tester?

Agree! I want to know what you think too! Go light some!

#7 SamCT

SamCT

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

Agree! I want to know what you think too! Go light some!

will do if i get a chance tomorrow night... then we can all feel the disappointment together!

#8 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

will do if i get a chance tomorrow night... then we can all feel the disappointment together!

They will probably be OK, within the limits of what a single shot 1.4G candle is capable of.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#9 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:11 PM

They will probably be OK, within the limits of what a single shot 1.4G candle is capable of.

Up until now I have only heard one or two regulars on this forum say 1.4G is OK. Since 2007 it has all been a bit disappointing eg, no punch, but maybe things are about to change. I wont hold my breath though.

#10 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:16 PM

Up until now I have only heard one or two regulars on this forum say 1.4G is OK. Since 2007 it has all been a bit disappointing eg, no punch, but maybe things are about to change. I wont hold my breath though.

From the limited ammount I've seen, 2009 spec 1.4G HAS cranked up the volume a bit.

#11 Floydman

Floydman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:21 PM

From the limited ammount I've seen, 2009 spec 1.4G HAS cranked up the volume a bit.

Care to name the specific items and in your opinion do they go anywhere near say Epics 1.3G Devils Dungeon ?

#12 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

Care to name the specific items and in your opinion do they go anywhere near say Epics 1.3G Devils Dungeon ?

I haven't seen Epic's Devil's Dungeon, so in this instance can't draw a comparison.

What I do on bonfire night is meet with friends, as we have access to a farm, and people will bring their stashes. There will, I would hope, be a good selection of fireworks. I'll keep a keen ear open for what sounds louder than what etc.

#13 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:22 AM

Wow them rockets were supposed to be nearly 30 quid madness, i can get hold of the big packets of men shun rockets for like 8 quid and they look to be pritty good,
J

#14 Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

Firework Crazy

• UKPS Advertisers
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:21 AM

£20 And thats with a voucher, this sort of practice of the supermarkets needs to be stamped out.
Regards.

Mark

Posted Image

#15 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

Do those Galaxy Burst rockets actually comply with BS:7114:1988? I always understood from the regs that they should have an orange fuse cover. I agree about the prices, that's profiteering.

Edited by Mortartube, 26 October 2009 - 11:21 AM.

Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users