• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Jon

Jon

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:55 AM

I wish it had of been Epic from all the good reports ive read but its a fair trek from here in Newcastle.

The only decent shop is in Middlesbrough but wanted to save the petrol to buy more fireworks!

I bought

Fantasia 218 shot cake for £30 - on recomendation from the guy there who claims to be selling for 5 years and has had lots of good feedck

Jesicas Dream 1500 shot barrage for £18 - I thought would be god value for money

2x Ring of fire @ £6 each because the wife and kids love wheels.

1 pack of mega sparklers free, which was nice!

I have read poor or no reports on this brand and was disappointed to see absolutely no video of them in action (fantasia has been around a few years).
I found this link but video links are no good http://www.dancing-reddevil.co.uk/ .

Can anyone give any positive feedback on the brand please. Any ideas what other stuff they have that is good?

Im not looking for anything particularly loud BTW.

I have read on here from a few year back that (LOL @ name) "Devils Ring has Impressive Finale"

Any pointers at other good buys from them DRD?

Edited by Jon, 30 October 2009 - 01:57 AM.

#2 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:13 AM

I wish it had of been Epic from all the good reports ive read but its a fair trek from here in Newcastle.

It's worth it, see perhaps if you can get someone to split the fuel. ^_^

Edited by David, 30 October 2009 - 02:13 AM.

OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#3 Prestonboi

Prestonboi

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:31 AM

Dancing Red Devil are turning into the new Bulldog, seasonal shops opening up everywhere. I've had good and bad stuff from them, the bad stuff was very bad however.

I found this site a while ago with some videos on but they might be of the older reg fireworks.

http://www.fireworks...co.uk/index.php

Click on 'cakes', some have videos.

#4 jindivik

jindivik

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:42 AM

i had a poke at a devils ring Posted Image about 3 years ago, and for the price i paid it was quite good, i also got a big pack of rockets that year, can't remember the name but thy wren't very good...and last year the local discount shop were selling "little red devils" 10 pack of whistle-pop rockets, for a few quid the price wasn't too bad but the fuses kept falling out Posted Image

#5 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:08 PM

Jesicas Dream 1500 shot barrage for £18 - I thought would be god value for money

It's lots and lots and lots of little comets, all fired straight up. Its not a bad effect, but I've found it's not one that was particularly memberable, either.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#6 p3rdes1

p3rdes1

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

Ring of fire @ £6, expensive. I'm selling these at £3.99 here in Derby!

#7 Jon

Jon

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:33 PM

Dancing Red Devil are turning into the new Bulldog, seasonal shops opening up everywhere. I've had good and bad stuff from them, the bad stuff was very bad however.

I found this site a while ago with some videos on but they might be of the older reg fireworks.

http://www.fireworks...co.uk/index.php

Click on 'cakes', some have videos.

You legend, thatll do me nicely.

Ring of fire @ £6, expensive. I'm selling these at £3.99 here in Derby!

Yeah orig price is £8. He only does half price for items £20+. Now youve told me that im gona haggle with him when i go back for more tomorrow.

Cheers everyone

#8 Jon

Jon

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

Just watched the vid for fantasia. Not a bad mix of effects and it went on for 2min 45secs. The bloke in the shop said about 10 min LMAO, I knew this wouldnt be true, no firework lasts that long.

#9 p3rdes1

p3rdes1

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

Box of Heroes £35 if anyone's interested. Quantity discounts available 07973 264367

#10 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

Several suppliers will deliver (or send by appropriate courier) so you can buy, and await it's arrival by van.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#11 chumpybro

chumpybro

Chumpy

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

Do we know of anyone selling Dancing Red Devil Fireworks in the Black Country (Dudley) West Midlands? and I dont mean latifs who have them at silly prices. Cheers.

#12 pjalchemist

pjalchemist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

I had 5X Fantasia 218 shot cake and paid £30 for all 5!

1 blew apart in the most amazing style, i took it back and he sorted me out with something to replace it!

The other 4 all worked perfectly. 3 of them i let off at once, fireworks go well in odds! The other which was left over i think is still in my mates shead!

I had some of there Destroyer rockers, 4'' ball head and wow! High and big!

#13 chumpybro

chumpybro

Chumpy

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

I had 5X Fantasia 218 shot cake and paid £30 for all 5!

1 blew apart in the most amazing style, i took it back and he sorted me out with something to replace it!

The other 4 all worked perfectly. 3 of them i let off at once, fireworks go well in odds! The other which was left over i think is still in my mates shead!

I had some of there Destroyer rockers, 4'' ball head and wow! High and big!

5 for only £30 the lot? Wow they are about £35 at most places. Got a contact? I'd be well up for some of that. Is the detroyer the one that is £20? please message me if you can give me your contact.

#14 pjalchemist

pjalchemist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

5 for only £30 the lot? Wow they are about £35 at most places. Got a contact? I'd be well up for some of that. Is the detroyer the one that is £20? please message me if you can give me your contact.

Just the guy that runs the shop got friendly with my son as hes disbaled and it was for his birthday, but unsure if he's runing it this year!

I can tell you the cake costs £90 a carton (4 to a carton) or £22.50 each, not sure if these are + VAT or not!

The rocket is Pyro Meshed, 2 to a box/cage and belive its £20 a pack RRP. They are 24 packs per carton @ £156 or £6.50 each

I have a Wholesale 2011 pricelist and catalog. Im going to see if i can get an order in but was told there is a £5000 min order but if there passing me they can sort me out. Only one way to ask. PM me if ya want in, can give you a copy of the list

#15 Atom Fireworks

Atom Fireworks

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

Theres a chap up here in manchester that sells at trade prices to all the local shops, i usually go and pay reletivly little ammount of money for a few cases of this and that for family and freinds. I cant say what hes got in yet as ive not been however i will have a lookm and if any of you are not a million miles away then i could get some on your behalf so to speak.

Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users