19 replies to this topic

#1 lokys

lokys

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:59 AM

hy, 

Maybe somebody know how to do this effect? 

or this effect name : ? 

Watch on 0.29-0.30min.

,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwiQ0rib_Pg&feature=PlayList&p=904E533E7567F104&index=2,,,

they like dragon eggs, but not DEggs, I don`t know, but i like them, i whant to make it..

this is my home made dragon eggs:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=M2aRJbYQdKQ

the effect is very different, than in other video..

some peoples says that in DEggs need to add a few % Titanium , is it true ? 

Edited by lokys, 11 January 2010 - 10:02 AM.

#2 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

hy, 

Maybe somebody know how to do this effect? 

or this effect name : ? 

Watch on 0.29-0.30min.

,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwiQ0rib_Pg&feature=PlayList&p=904E533E7567F104&index=2,,,

they like dragon eggs, but not DEggs, I don`t know, but i like them, i whant to make it..

this is my home made dragon eggs:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=M2aRJbYQdKQ

the effect is very different, than in other video..

some peoples says that in DEggs need to add a few % Titanium , is it true ? 

I am not an expert on crackle, but I have seen this effect described as "Popcorn Crackling Mix". As far as I know you make lots of little crackling microstars and then bind them together in a bigger lump with NC lacquer. So each star is a big lump of crackling microstars. I am sure someone here will be more expert and correct any errors in this description.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#3 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:37 PM

Think the effect is 'Time Rain' but not sure how you make it - Mortartube's solution sounds about right.

Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#4 lokys

lokys

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

I have dismantled one cake with this effect.. I have cut the star these..there are`nt one star with a lot little crackling microstars, there was one round star about 3mm.. 

I think this star was made of Bismuth trioxide (becouse color was like white, like grey) , but that component give this effect? I had try to add in my dragon eggs formula +5% aliuminium atimized 300-400mesh, but effect is not that, whitch I try to find. 

I used this composition:

Pb3O4.............................................81.8
Mgal (50/50, 200 Mesh)...................9.1
CuO..................................................9.1
Nc.....................................................10% 

+Aliuminium atomized - 5%. 

I think ,,Time rain'' effect is Pop Glitter stars.

#5 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:00 PM

I always thought 'time rain' described either matrix comets with crackling microstars embedded or a particular kind of 'pop glitter' - neither of these are the effect in the video as far as I can tell.

I seem to remember numerous in-depth discussions about this effect on rec.pyro, here, and the APC forums... tricky to search for though.

For now you might want to read these notes on whitchabuggy:

http://creagan.net/f...racklingflowers

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

#6 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

Time rain indeed,

But i have seen it as thousand flowers on shells ive fired too.

#7 lokys

lokys

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 08:22 AM

thanks wery much for all.

This information is very good to me.

#8 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

Time rain is normally made with a crackle mix with some FINE titanium powder added. When the crackle mix explodes you get a little ball of white fragments, much like a mini titanium salute. I suspect that it might work better with a "classic" crackle mix rather than a dragon eggs (multiple crackles off one particle) composition.
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#9 obiol

obiol

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:09 AM

hi, i m a pyro, profesional making, this effect is call SAKURA for the original name of this effect, another name give in china is Crackling Chrys.
the titanium is not added to the crackling mix, thats would be too sensitive and the effect will not be this one, in our system we do a prime that burn with rubbish and it contents de titanium. if anyone want to know more email me.

#10 inbox

inbox

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:55 AM

Has anyone a good titanium prime formula for the crackling flowers effect? The formula I need is the titanium containing smoldering prime around the dragon egg core.
I've seen the crackling flowers formula on whitchabuggy already but hope to get a better one here.

Thanks

#11 lokys

lokys

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

hello everybody!! :)

I would like to ask again about effects.. I saw one realy nice video, and I want to ask, does somebody know how to do this effect (or name), which is in that video:

effect is on 0:59 to 1:01 min.. It like tiger tail with FeTi ? or other streamer with metals and fuels, MgAl with antimony trisulphide .. who can give so bright,deep yellow metalic color..

what do you think about this effect?

Thank's a lot!!!

And here is one my 3'' shell for you ;)

Edited by lokys, 31 January 2011 - 02:57 PM.

#12 ener

ener

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:53 PM

Hi Lokys, if you can get your hands on fine sirconicum powder, you can make that effect. first movie 0:59.
The stuff is very hard to get as far as i know.

#13 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:13 PM

I believe that is just a fairly coarse magnalium glitter in the presence of ferrotitanium and charcoal which gives the tails multiple "layers" of effect. Personally I have never heard of a zirconium glitter (but I have made a flash and stars with it out of Ba(NO3)2 and parlon).

#14 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:50 AM

Zirconium burns brighter, longer, and sometimes described as whiter. However, it does all the same stuff as titanium. I've heard them called transformation stars, but they're essentially brocades or titanium based firefly effects. It's not quite the same as an aluminum firefly, but they appear similarly. Formulas like Buell's Slow Gold, Independence's Willow Diadem, or Hardt's Nishiki Kamuro should all get you in the ball park. Replace FeTi with Ti as necessary.

#15 ener

ener

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

Zirconicum can make a brocade stylisch glitter, very nice and special effect. So zirconicum can do more than titanium.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users