4" Titanium Salute:
Posted Image

4" Star Shell:
Posted Image

4" Mine:
Posted Image

4" Cylindrical Multi-break:
Posted Image

5" Star shell (notice the paml pistil stars in the centre)
Posted Image

5" Cylindrical Mulri-break
Posted Image

6" Layered Star Shell
Posted Image

6" Star pattern shell
Posted Image

6" Effect shells
Posted Image

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#2 Guest_PyroPDC_*

Guest_PyroPDC_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:19 PM

thanks for that, quite interesting.

i was wondering about the 6" star patten shell since it looks like apart from the bp rice hules in the centre which then has card to make the shape then all the rest of it is just rice hules & no bp hules, is this stranded practice. iv only seen when the whole shell was filled with bp hules.

Posted Image

Edited by PyroPDC, 21 February 2010 - 08:21 PM.

#3 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:38 PM

I believe a booster charge actually makes up most of the break. A small amount of standard break charge ensure stars primed with a very easy to ignite prime (maybe why they are so large for that calibre) defiantely light from the powerful break.

#4 seymour

seymour

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

I believe a booster charge actually makes up most of the break. A small amount of standard break charge ensure stars primed with a very easy to ignite prime (maybe why they are so large for that calibre) defiantely light from the powerful break.

Or just to act as a filler!

Note that on commercial spherical shells coming out of China, the burst charge is MUCH more likely to be a KP burst charge than BP, especially since the larger shells (which would use BP) have all but stopped being imported.

i was wondering about the 6" star patten shell since it looks like apart from the bp rice hules in the centre which then has card to make the shape then all the rest of it is just rice hules & no bp hules, is this stranded practice. iv only seen when the whole shell was filled with bp hules.

I have usually seen saw dust (or another filler) used in linier pattern shells to fill in each the bottom of each hemisphere to reduce wasted burst, but on the plane of stars (if this makes sense) I have usually seen it as you describe with burst inside the star pattern (or whatever the pattern may be of stars) and outside of it.

It may be common, but I have not come across shaped shells with all that filler outside of the stars very often.

Chief, are you able to reveal your source for these photographs?
The monkey leaped off it's sunny perch and flew off into the night sky.

#5 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:15 PM

http://www.inertprod...rotechnic_items

Take a look at the IED's section if you dare be tagged by MI5!!

#6 Creepin_pyro

Creepin_pyro

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

Nice, I particularly enjoyed the assortment of inert, brightly coloured powders in a display briefcase, yours for only $499!

#7 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:16 PM

Crazy prices, you can get an inert RPG for $1300!

#8 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:29 PM

Why would anyone sell the 8th item on their product list.Posted Image
Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#9 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

The whole site sells training aids, these sorts of props were common on exercises i have trained in.

#10 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

didn't know where to dump this post, but the thread said cutaways/dissection.
here a few pics of a shop bought rocket i had left over from a garden display,being of an inquisitive nature i thought id open her up to see how the chinese do it...
well i was extremely shocked to find the propellant is housed in aluminum case!!Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by chris m, 18 April 2010 - 05:37 PM.

#11 rocketpro

rocketpro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

----

Edited by rocketpro, 06 August 2010 - 11:04 AM.

Who tests the tester.

#12 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

hmm just thought it was against every piece of advice/ info ive found in my books and read on the forum not to use metal, if a noob came on with a metal tube with a stick on it we'd freak !?
estes seem to manage with good old card, what happens in a cato you get wiped out?
i dont like it a tell yer, i say i don't like it , are our methods seriously out dated as amateurs only using formula and methods from a time gone by?
in effect trapped in a pyro time bubble

#13 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

hmm just thought it was against every piece of advice/ info ive found in my books and read on the forum not to use metal, if a noob came on with a metal tube with a stick on it we'd freak !?
estes seem to manage with good old card, what happens in a cato you get wiped out?
i dont like it a tell yer, i say i don't like it , are our methods seriously out dated as amateurs only using formula and methods from a time gone by?
in effect trapped in a pyro time bubble

Lol - not sure about the time bubble! Military pyro has used metal tubes for some time for stability. I've also seen firework rockets with polythene motor tubes. I guess an aluminium tube should rupture fairly gracefully, but I'd need a very good reason to depart from the 'cardboard only' creed for home brew...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#14 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

agreed about the military pyro, but im firing from my back garden not of a warship lol, yep ive mostly seen the polythene motor tubes, and would use them over card if i could find em !, maybe the propellant in the motor is resin based and this is a factor, but with no modern literature on it i don't know

#15 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

The chinese make huge reliable and stable batches batches, huge numbers of fireworks are tested rigarously for BS, say should 1 in 100 tested fail, the batch or entire line would not be CAD'ed thus not allowed into the consumer market.

Their good at what they do the Chinese, have a little faith Posted Image

Better sill give me the rockets you no longer feel safe to use....... :P

Edited by Chief, 19 April 2010 - 06:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users