• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

I hope I'm not breeching any rules, but I just had to mention this chap on the global market place. I bought this kit off him,

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...s&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

I was well impressed, all you need is your own perc' and you have 100grams of purple, blue, green, red and yellow stars, and they all work very well. He sends you all the comps, instructions and price list of other chems he sells online. the kit arrived in 4 days. This is what I got,

http://i438.photobuc...ro/DSCF0649.jpg

The 3 tubs at the top were free samples of different mesh magnalium. I left out the dextrin and used pure acetone to melt the parlon, you can use them within an hour of making them that way.
Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#2 Potassium chlorate

Potassium chlorate

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

Nice.

Do you make pumped or cut stars? I love to use parlon as a binder, but I find it tricky to roll them and pretty tricky to cut and pump them as well.
"This salt, formerly called hyperoxymuriate of potassa, is
used for sundry preparations, and especially for experimental
fire-works."

Dr. James Cutbush

#3 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

Nice.

Do you make pumped or cut stars? I love to use parlon as a binder, but I find it tricky to roll them and pretty tricky to cut and pump them as well.

When I'm using the parlon for a binder I will only cut them, because its quicker. I just dump 20ml of acetone in every 100gm of comp, mix it with a latex gloved hand, flatten it in my 7mm frame and cut them 7x7, if I'm rolling I'll use dextrin and 75/25 water alchohol mix. I used to pump all my stars but I find it long winded, so I don't pump anymore unless I want them cylindrical.
Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#4 shellbreak

shellbreak

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

I bought this star kit too... great colored stars and easy to make. I roled some using water/alc to wet them and other i used the acetone to make cut ones...rolling with acetone is not easy as the acetone dries to quickly.
The guy has a pretty good selection of Magnalium powders to...all sorts of different mesh sizes at a good price.

#5 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

Out of interest what are the formulas?
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#6 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

Nice kit, bit expensive though for 315g of chemicals.
Phew that was close.

#7 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

Digger hint hint ;) lol!

#8 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

Maybe :rolleyes:
Phew that was close.

#9 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

Would be popular lol I am sure! still people what are these formulas :).

#10 rocketpro

rocketpro

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

------

Edited by rocketpro, 06 August 2010 - 09:16 AM.

Who tests the tester.

#11 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

Out of interest what are the formulas?

I wouldn't like to pass on the formulas because these are in with the price and it wouldn't be fair to Paul that sells these kits. Buy a set off him and you will have them Posted Image .

#12 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

Nice kit, bit expensive though for 315g of chemicals.

Depends how you look at it. I can make 35, 1" star mines ( garden pyro ) with this kit, with the perc thats about 50p a mine. I think its supposed to be a taster kit as he sells everything on a larger scale, the question is can you compete on price? know what I mean nudge, nudge wink, wink Posted Image .Competition is great for the customer

#13 Potassium chlorate

Potassium chlorate

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

Thai people are very nice in general. Big + that they are into pyrotechnics too. :)
"This salt, formerly called hyperoxymuriate of potassa, is
used for sundry preparations, and especially for experimental
fire-works."

Dr. James Cutbush

#14 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

Depends how you look at it. I can make 35, 1" star mines ( garden pyro ) with this kit, with the perc thats about 50p a mine. I think its supposed to be a taster kit as he sells everything on a larger scale, the question is can you compete on price? know what I mean nudge, nudge wink, wink Posted Image .Competition is great for the customer

My prices are already cheaper and use the correct legal labeling, packaging and postage! (ok some prices are higher but when postage costs are factored in I am cheaper)

Edited by digger, 17 June 2010 - 07:19 PM.

Phew that was close.

#15 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:29 PM

Ok then if you wont disclose the formulas can you take some vids of each colour to see what they look like?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users