Photo

New pyrotechic Site Up and Running (Take a look)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 PhantasticPyro

PhantasticPyro

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 08:42 PM

I have started a new pyro site at Phantastic Pyro.
Plz check it out. I kno theres not 2 much but I plan to add more. Im sry bout ads. I gonna buy a domain soon, or change hosting.
B) Well thats All,
Scotty!

#2 Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

General member

• UKPS Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 09:01 PM

Worst site/hosting ever. I had to restart to lose the pop ups.
http://www.movember.com/uk/home/

Keep mannequins and watermelons away from fireworks..they always get hurt..

#3 Rhodri

Rhodri

One of the gang!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 09:28 PM

I must confess that I'ver yet to see any pyro. related material.

.....took too long to load.

Check out Mr Newboy's site (alany) - very good.

Not that I'm putting your site down.....

:unsure:
Making light, sound and good conversation.

#4 tajmiester

tajmiester

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 09:46 PM

I thought the site was good, but then again I have broadband and the google searchbar (which blocks popups). If anyone is have popup related difficulties I would strongly recommend the google bar, you can get it at http://toolbar.google.com/ and unlike other similar software it does not generate any popups or adverts of its own!

Have a Happy Christmas

Tris

#5 Rhodri

Rhodri

One of the gang!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for the tip Tris.

Have a good time too.....

B)

Edited by Rhodri, 24 December 2003 - 09:49 PM.

Making light, sound and good conversation.

#6 Firefiend

Firefiend

Martin

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 05:57 AM

:angry: Get a proper host - It's rubbish. I don't want all that garbage downloaded onto my PC!!!!!!!!!!

#7 alany

alany

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 09:28 AM

Not to be mean or anything, but is there any content or images on that site that aren't ripped off from other sites?

The host's rubbish is pretty annoying too.

#8 Matt

Matt

Another Aussie Trying To take Over

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 01:20 PM

ooooooooohhhhh I think your in trouble, phil didnt let you use that picture of burning black match did he? hell i get pissed off when people even link my site without my permission.....

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#9 tajmiester

tajmiester

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 02:01 PM

Phew! Give the new guy a break! Although I agree about the images, every heard of a little thing called "copyright"? The online pyro community is a close knit one; if you go nicking peoples pics and then broadcast it on a popular forum, you may annoy a few people. Matt, I fail to see your objection to people linking to your site? It does not improve the search engine status of the other site, only yours! Anyway the best way to look at it is a sign of admiration or respect. :D

Merry Christmas
Tris

#10 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 12:42 AM

Well you see Tris, I really dont want my site to be popular. Im not aiming to give info to millions of people. I made my site to show people on this forum, or even on rec.pyro what I know/am capable of so they know my work.

-Matt
Try to run! try to hide! Break on through to the other side!! YYYEEEAAAAOOHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHHHH

#11 tajmiester

tajmiester

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 09:45 AM

Fair enough. But I don't think you can actually stop people linking to you, its a bit like one of us adding your site to the favorites on a public or family computer. The whole nature of the internet is to share data and so if you only want it shared with specific people perhaps you should put it in a passworded directory. If anyone knows about the legality of this I would be interested.

Tris

#12 Matt

Matt

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 10:29 AM

Lets just leave it at that mate, I was just explaining my point.

-Matt

#13 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 12:51 PM

Tajmiester,
A lot of sites have a legal notice with regards to links due to the fact you would not like a link to your site from a site that is full of malicious content as any visitors to that site would then associate your site with its content.
Most sites also have copyright notices on them to protect not only your images but any of your documentation from individuals who would then go off and use it on there own site taking credit for your work.

A lot of people put a great deal of time and effort into there web sites and it can be disappointing if people steal half your content to use on there own site.

I have visited most peoples sites on this forum and have found an abundance of information / facts and some great pics and videos along with there funny ?ooh?s / aah?s and whooooooo?s in the background audio.
The fact that effort has been put into sites shows a passion for what the owners do.

One day I will get my site back up, but at the moment it is on the backend of a long list of things to do.
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#14 Bub

Bub

PyroGuy

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 01:33 PM

Yuk, what a truely terrible site - I lost count of all the pop-ups I had to kill.

I also agree that there's no usefull or indeed not-ripped-off-someone-else content.

Suggest you go away, delete it and remake it again before posting it's URL here.

Good Luck !

;)

#15 Bub

Bub

PyroGuy

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 01:39 PM

Fantastic.

I always wanted to know how to do this (from phantastic pyro website) :-

Roman Candle Mine/Salute

Discription: A device makes a bang and shoots stars everywhere because of the crushed powder.

Materials: Roman Candal
Hammer

Procedure: Take paper wrapping off
Take hammer and gently tap the tube with a hammer

(Thats it! Told you it was easy:)

:huh:

I always thought there was a bit more to it than that, oh well, U live and learn ;-) - it must be the use of that mysterious 'crushed powder' that makes them work so well, either that or all the spelling mistakes ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users