7 replies to this topic

#1 shadowpyro

shadowpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:40 PM

Hey everyone,

I've just ordered 1/2" BP rocket (endburner) and 3/4" 1lb BP rocket (coreburner) sets from Pianomistro (http://pianomistrosc...tools.110mb.com). Heck if I'm lucky, the spindles/rammers may even fit Gregs Boyd's set...

Was rather excited when I saw his tools and they seem worth it for the price given! I shall report back on quality if or when they arrive. Although his website did say that he makes them as the tools are ordered, so I expect it may take up to a week or two before i receive them.

On a side note, has anyone else ordered from this guys before? I believe he's based in the Netherlands.

Cheers
There is no such thing as failure, either learn or succeed!

#2 ExplosiveCoek

ExplosiveCoek

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

I hope you haven't payed already, probably some lost money else.. The guy is having a lot of difficulties lately and I know of some guys who are already waiting for more then 6 months. I think he's from the USA btw.

If you know the APC forum go check it out there, a lot of people are complaining about him.

#3 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

jeez! where did you find that guy!, thought i'd seen every tool configuration on internet
people waiting six months for there tooling thats a real shame hope you dont loose money my friend.
i see he's very cheap indeed compared to the competition, keeping his cost's down by machining the spindles from ali, which is fine for end burners and gerbs, sh~te for core burners they just don't last :( , ive scratched them, bent em, snapped em, brass doesn't fare much better, the winner is stainlees steel,which is cheaper that brass, long lasting but hard to machine hence the cost.
edit: you know hes to cheap, cant see him making any money what so ever at those prices, bet hes just given up

Edited by chris m, 12 September 2010 - 09:51 PM.

#4 shadowpyro

shadowpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:42 AM

Hooboy, guess I'll have to have a look around about this one.... If he doesn't reply to any emails etc, I'll probably try chase it up through paypal.
Guess it was just too good to be true!

Cheers guys

Edit: Yeah just had a look over at the APC forums complaints of the guy and it doesnt look promising...
I'll give him about half a week to at least give me reply about his situation, then i guess i'll go through paypal for a refund.

Edited by shadowpyro, 13 September 2010 - 09:14 AM.

#5 shadowpyro

shadowpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

Just an update to say that I've made a dispute with paypal on my first order. It appears the guy's given up or something, just abit lame that his website is still up and running.
I would NOT recommend ordering from this guy. On the other hand, anyone know any relatively cheap rocket tooling companies? (I'm likely just going to go for Wolter or Greg Boyd again if I cant source a cheaper supplier!)

#6 maxman

maxman

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

I havent heard anything from Greg Boyd in years. I got all my tooling from him and its all great stuff, nice guy too! I was under the impression he made the stuff for skylighter but could be wrong. Just an index page where his website once stood. Pyrotooling.com

Maxman

#7 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:39 PM

agreed I've not heard or seen any tooling from Greg for a good while, but thats not going to help you is it!
i think i know a tooling company, metal-man pyro tooling

#8 shadowpyro

shadowpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:19 AM

Hmmm...Now that I think about it, I can't really remember how long pyrotooling has been down for. I got a few sets from him a few years back as well and the quality really is top notch. He doesn't reply to emails asking for quotes so maybe he's decided to take a rest or something?

Metal-man pyro tooling, does this guy have a website or email?

Cheers for the replies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users