• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hi All,

I hope to keep this thread up to date with the progress of the ELR process and any documentation as its created and amended.

Please find attached the currently presented documents to Working Group 2 of the ELR.

Kind regards,

Wayne.

Edited by wayne, 06 April 2011 - 07:17 AM.

#2 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

Thank you Wayne for putting together a very good case to the ELR HSE and ELR MSRI. If we can have clarification, and maybe some concessions as well, it has to be a good thing for all concerned. Particularly for the UKPS and the important role they play, it will be one of the first ports of call for many new hobbyists not only from the UK but from all around the world. We need to lead by example and with tolerance as I hope all concerned will also.
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#3 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

If you come to the AGM, you can hear Wayne tell you all about it....
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#4 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

Just a quick update from the ELR:

"Recently, there have been developments regarding health and safety legislation and ELR will need to reflect these.

Firstly, the Government has established an Independent Review of Health and Safety legislation. The review will consider the opportunities for reducing the burden of health and safety legislation on UK businesses while maintaining the progress made in improving health and safety outcomes. The review is due to make recommendations to Ministers by the end of October 2011.

Secondly, concurrently, the Government's Red Tape Challenge focused specifically on health and safety legislation in July. Comments were requested on health and safety legislation including explosives. The comments received on all health and safety legislation will be subject to review by a Ministerial 'Star Chamber' with the presumption that all burdensome regulations should go. Departments will need to justify why regulation is needed. This is due to take place in November/December and the results of this process will need to be played into ELR's modernised suite of legislation.

These additional developments may need further consideration by the working groups but this should not have too much of an impact on the ELR timetable and we believe that ELR should still be able to deliver to the April 2014 deadline"

#5 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:03 AM

Hi All,

Ahead of this years AGM, I thought I would attach last years and this years ELR presentation for anyone who is interested. I thought it may help jog peoples memory!

Cheers,

Wayne.

Attached Files

Edited by wayne, 07 May 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#6 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

Hi All,

I couldn't make this years AGM, so I passed on the presentation to those who was attending.  I'm not sure if it was presented or not.  Anyway, here it is for anyone interested.

Cheers,

Wayne.

Attached Files

#7 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hi All,

As well as the presentation above, I just thought I'd give you an update on other ELR progress.

Over the recent months, I've been working on a draft good practice guidance document in relation to experimentation under Reg 9(2)(a).  This is still on going.

I'm attending my second ELR coordination meeting tomorrow at the HSE in Bootle.  These meetings contain a large proportion of working group content which is irrelevant in our context, but its still important that we remain an active part of the ELR process.

Next Thursday (02/05), I'm hosting a meeting with representatives of the HSE to review our progress with the good practice guidance document.  Richard Harwood will also be in attendance. This will help steer the document in the right direction with regards to the content, detail level and formatting.  I have also enrolled in the HSE sub-sector guidance working group which will help in coordinating the guidance document from all sub-sectors.

Cheers,

Wayne.

#8 barnsley-mark

barnsley-mark

Why did I try that?

• UKPS Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Well done, with recent events its even more important that we are heard and seen to be responsible level headed individuals with a volatile hobby / interest.
I'm sure everyone really appreciates the work being done on our behalf. Thank you.

#9 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Thanks again Wayne and Richard for all your work on our behalf.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#10 fruitfulsteve

fruitfulsteve

• UKPS Members
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Excellent stuff. Hope all goes well.

Yo Ho Ho, a pyro's life for me

#11 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

Hi All,

Just a quick update to let you all know that both meetings were very productive and helped greatly to move things along in the right direction. I can't say a lot about the detail yet, but I really feel we are at the turning point in the process and all the the work is starting to come together.

Once the good practise guidance is published (an undefined time as yet), this will clarify all the requirements you will need to fulfil to lawfully experiment and clear up all the misinformation and grey areas that exist now. You will find it a revelation!

With this is mind, I would like to reiterate that as society members it is your duty to remain lawful, professional and competent at all times. Please keep this in mind.

Cheers,

Wayne.

Edited by wayne, 08 May 2013 - 06:31 AM.

#12 martyn

martyn

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Sounds exciting Wayne, thanks for your perseverance, 

#13 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

This is sounding good,

thank you to all involved to getting it to this stage.

#14 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

Any more news on the ELR Wayne, how are things progressing for us all, is there an end in sight.

#15 wayne

wayne

• Admin
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hi All,

I've just returned from another very productive meeting with the HSE ELR working group at Bootle.

As usual it was very positive and a great reminder of how close we are to the new regulations coming into force. ER2014 will be an official paper in April 2014 with it coming into force in October 2014.  So, our next AGM will be a whole lot more interesting from an ELR point of view as I will be able to officially present the regulations as they affect us.  It will all be confirmed and almost in force by then.

I am still working hard on producing our own guidance documentation for the regulations.  As you're probably aware, the HSE made the decision to not produce an ACOP for the new regulations but instead allow each explosive subsector to create their own specific guidance document around the regulations.  We are ahead of the game with this in comparison to other subsectors and the document will be ready in time for the regulations when they come into force.  I will release this for your consultation as soon as I'm happy that the document is ready to do so.  Many thanks to Danny Kay for his expert help with this.

We should all be very proud of our part in the ELR by keeping the society professional and as respectable as it is.  Over the last 4 years, we've gone from a very unrecognised body of enthusiasts to being a respected part of the UK explosive arena.  This was demonstrated just today by both the HSE and the Home Office asking if they could attend one of next meetings (I suggested next years AGM), to come and help in promote the new regulations specific to our interests.  The idea being, that I(we) present how the regulations suit our experimental manufacturing activities with the HSE and the Home Office providing regulatory assurance and that we have their support!  Who would have thought 4 years ago that both those bodies would offer such support!  They both deserve great respect for helping and encouraging us to be a part of the whole ELR process.

Anyway, suffice to say that next year is fast approaching and the dream of LEGAL small scale experimentation is almost with us.  Please keep the faith and together we can keep smelling the smoke!

Cheers,

Wayne.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users