• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

As we have for the past two years, the UKPS will be taking its public exhibition marquee and display materials to the Firework Champions event. This year we are taking a break from Stanford Hall, and going to Belvoir Castle near Grantham. The tent is an excellent way to engage with members of the general public, and provide informative exhibits to raise interest about fireworks and pyrotechnics. In previous years, hundreds of interested people have visited our stands and we have even gained a few extra members as a result. We are appealing for UKPS members to get involved and run the stand. The event provides an opportunity to discuss with and inform the general public about our cause.

We are looking for members who are interested in manning the stand, talking to the public, fielding questions, and making available leaflets and membership forms to anyone interested. We also usually make a range of merchandise available from our online shop to help raise society funds.

Please consider coming along and helping out. Either reply to this thread or PM any of the staff members and get involved.

As an incentive, we'll be arranging a site tour for UKPS members on the day who wish to see behind the scenes.

Firework Champions at Belvoir Castle:
Saturday 13th August

4 pyromusical displays in one evening.

On behalf of the UKPS.

#2 portfire

portfire

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

All been well I'll be coming down. I can bring plenty of dummies (not just me) from ball shells to consumer cakes, candles etc etc
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

#3 Candle

Candle

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

Ah Richard,

The perils of short notice, I ordered my tickets and gazebo pass soon after the reminder appeared on our forum, weeks ago. Unfortunately, in the absence of any other steer, I ordered for Stanford Hall; along with others in my party we made plans for this venue. I envy folks who can act and plan such a spontaneous life, must be a pyro analogy.

Enjoy Belvoir.

Barrie

As we have for the past two years, the UKPS will be taking its public exhibition marquee and display materials to the Firework Champions event. This year we are taking a break from Stanford Hall, and going to Belvoir Castle near Grantham. The tent is an excellent way to engage with members of the general public, and provide informative exhibits to raise interest about fireworks and pyrotechnics. In previous years, hundreds of interested people have visited our stands and we have even gained a few extra members as a result. We are appealing for UKPS members to get involved and run the stand. The event provides an opportunity to discuss with and inform the general public about our cause.

We are looking for members who are interested in manning the stand, talking to the public, fielding questions, and making available leaflets and membership forms to anyone interested. We also usually make a range of merchandise available from our online shop to help raise society funds.

Please consider coming along and helping out. Either reply to this thread or PM any of the staff members and get involved.

As an incentive, we'll be arranging a site tour for UKPS members on the day who wish to see behind the scenes.

Firework Champions at Belvoir Castle:
Saturday 13th August

4 pyromusical displays in one evening.

On behalf of the UKPS.

#4 thelizard-guy

thelizard-guy

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

Sounds a really nice event guys good look sorry i cant come along got a damn wedding.

#5 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

Pretty sure Ill be there and as ever happy to bore the public with mindless chatter :-)

#6 Karl

Karl

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:52 PM

Rich, you still by St Helens?

#7 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:58 AM

Am firing at Stanford Hall with Spyrotechnics and have free tickets for Belvoir so i'll stick my head in and say hello :)

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#8 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

For anyone heading to Belvoir Castle today for the Firework Champions event, don't forget the UKPS will have a stand there to talk to the public about all things pyro, so do pop by and say hello!

#9 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:39 AM

Huge thanks to the UKPS 'crack squad' who manned the stall at Belvoir. We looked very professional.

Massive interest from the public and very good publicity for us.

Also 4 of the finest firework displays you are likely to see anywhere.

Got back at 3am, so I think I'll go & have a little lie down...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#10 bloater

bloater

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

The stand looked great guys. Sorry I was in a bit of a rush when I walked past otherwise I would have stopped to say hi.

#11 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:44 PM

The stand looked absolutely first rate. A BIG well done to all involved! You are all a credit to the UKPS. I urge more members to get involved at these events and talk to the public - believe it or not the general public DO like fireworks - as was clearly the case at Belvoir. After the rigging I went audience side to say hello and then up to the top of hill with the camera. Pictures of the displays are below.

https://picasaweb.go...brationDisplays
https://picasaweb.go...KomodoFireworks
https://picasaweb.go...yburstFireworks
https://picasaweb.go...EPyrotechnics02

#12 nihc

nihc

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

I've booked a few tickets for Belvoir this year. Last year's competition was fantastic !

Is anyone going to the Firework Champions at Belvoir this year?
Indeed, is there going to be a UKPS tent ?

I'm bringing 6 people this year and that compares to just me and our lass previously - my passion is starting to rub off :)

Regards, Chris.

#13 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Indeed, is there going to be a UKPS tent ?

Last year's tent was a success - but obviously for us to carry on doing these things, we must have volunteers on the ground willing to help out. Interested? Anyone else? :)

#14 nihc

nihc

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hi Richard,

Yes, I would be willing to help in any way that I can.
So, count me in !

Regards, Chris.

#15 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

We at Spyrotechnics will be defending our title :)

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users