65 replies to this topic

#31 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

do you not understand though that until something was said about the quantities being milled the country of origin wasn't mentioned so to a casual reader it would look as if regular posters to this forum were giving advice on prodedures that were 30x over the uk legal limits??

#32 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

do you not understand though that until something was said about the quantities being milled the country of origin wasn't mentioned so to a casual reader it would look as if regular posters to this forum were giving advice on prodedures that were 30x over the uk legal limits??

I do also understand that we should be seen to be doing the right thing. It is a difficult situation as we have become an International forum. Is there any way the moderators can flag the country of origin of each poster by there member name? I know it's a pain, but at least it could instantly be seen that a particular poster was exempt from UK regs.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#33 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

Is there any way the moderators can flag the country of origin of each poster by there member name? I know it's a pain, but at least it could instantly be seen that a particular poster was exempt from UK regs.

That is a really good idea, should be pretty simple to add another field in user information and display it under the avatar. Would certainly add clarity.

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#34 Rip Rap

Rip Rap

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:00 PM

I think you should all leave pyro to the professionals.

What?? Surely you dont mean that?
"Choose a job that you love & you will never do a days work in your life!"

#35 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

That is a really good idea, should be pretty simple to add another field in user information and display it under the avatar. Would certainly add clarity.

really?,just because there from another country doesn't give posters a free pass to make pyro id say 98% have no permits or licenses to make pyro items, there just keen amateurs like us sharing information.
mostly using simple homemade wooden tooling so there not going to shell out hundreds,thousands to get legal are they?

Edited by dr thrust, 16 September 2011 - 05:55 PM.

#36 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

there just keen amateurs like us sharing information.
mostly using simple homemade wooden tooling so there not going to shell out hundreds,thousands to get legal are they?

so what are you suggesting?

#37 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

so if posting from over-seas they wont get a "ticking off", but if your from the uk you will? lol THIS IS A PYRO FORUM ,people may want to talk about construction, compositons,theory if thats not for some why be here?

#38 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

I'm not for one minute suggesting people shouldn't talk about their hobby, but as Masterchief mentioned, shouldn't forum regulars be keeping the conversation legal??

#39 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

It is very easy sometimes to over react to some posts, when reading the original post I had the same horror as others on here that someone in the UK was milling 3kg as a hobby.
Creepin_pyro was right to say that for his size of mill jar you are looking at those sort of quantities and the answer was correct but somewhat flippant.
But with all due respect to Pyrosailor99, to me he sounds like he has not had that much experience with BP, he lives in the USA where the rules are different. As most on here know that we are waiting on clarification on how the law stands in the UK for the hobbyist and in the meantime we all try to act responsibly. I do have to say that the UKPS and many forum members on here try very hard to give good advice considering the fine line we tread. If we can give good advice and help stop someone from injury whilst trying to stay within UK law let it be so, and don't kid your self just look at the unregistered members that visit this forum just to realise the important role we play globally as well as at home.

Edited by Vic, 16 September 2011 - 09:04 PM.

Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#40 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

Guys and Galls, PLEASE take a breath and read back with an open mind the thread from the start before posting further.

This has started to get a bit silly now so...........

Yes, in the UK we operate under the "100g rule" exemption as an attempted method of validating and justifying our hypothetical experimentations. It isn't relevant to the thread starter as he is outside the UK and if he was then we would be best to ADVISE him of the legalities of his activities, we are not here to tell anyone what they can and cant do just to suggest they do the right thing.

The UKPS are attempting to clarify the current laws and how they can and do effect us, with the hopeful end result of partaking in discussions to maybe even ammend them to include exemptions of some sort for the hobbyist to be allowed somehow (and affordably) to conduct experiments with fully legal status.

It will be a sad place if people cannot discuss manufacturing procedures and as I understand it this is currently not illegal. (I quote "Drugs are illegal, talking about them isn't. TALK TO FRANK) So talk in the UKPS forum has to be too?

Exac if you read this please can you (either publically or through PM) express your personal opinions on this "talking" situation please? My apologies in advance if I'm wrong :-)

#41 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:55 PM

I'm not for one minute suggesting people shouldn't talk about their hobby, but as Masterchief mentioned, shouldn't forum regulars be keeping the conversation legal??

haa! i see just keep it consumer fireworks? but why is there a tumbleweed thread in the consumer section :lol:
maybe you should start the ball rolling with a review of the latest sparklers from aldi?

Edited by dr thrust, 16 September 2011 - 09:56 PM.

#42 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:51 AM

Firstly what is a legal conversation in the context of creepin pyro`s conversations/responses to pyrosailor99 posting?,....... remember this is a forum where regulars, UKPS members, and the public share advice or just participate/engage in conversations, there is no evidence in this posting to suggest encouragement or incitement to cause harm or give illegal advice deliberately.

#43 Karl Mitchell-Shead

Karl Mitchell-Shead

MIExpE & Director - Illusion Fireworks Ltd

• UKPS Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:34 AM

I think all this thread has done is demonstrate the blase and cavalier attitude many members have toward pyro and its legal use. As for clarifying the law its pretty plain and simple, it is a criminal offence to manufacture a pyrotechnic article outside of a registed factory. What needs clarifying?

www.illusionfireworks.com - A SKY FULL OF MAGIC!

#44 Spyrotechnics

Spyrotechnics

Fireworks Lover

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

hey, my post was just a friendly observation...

If the powers that be are happy with discussions of manufacturing 30x the UK legal limit then alls good :)

Edited by Starsky72, 17 September 2011 - 09:01 AM.

#45 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:02 PM

I think all this thread has done is demonstrate the blase and cavalier attitude many members have toward pyro and its legal use.

The members i have met have far from a blase and cavalier attitude towards pyro,not so long ago masterchief i would say that pot and kettle sprung to mind :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users