10 replies to this topic

#1 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

:) last week whilst perusing society's left-overs, in various boxes and tables at the local carboot one came across a rare gem indeed in the form of a large abwood milling vice and swivel base,and after a few hmm's and arrhs i was said owner of one vice for the princely sum of twenty five English pounds.
a little adjust on the gibs and a splash of skyblue rattle can and its looking good.
so... what bargains have you found? be it, carboot, flea market, jumble sale ?

Posted Image

#2 helix

helix

• UKPS Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

I managed to get a 200A ac/dc SAF tig welder for £140.00. I don't do much welding these days but couldn't resist at the price, welders like new..

Need to go and get a bottle of argon for it.

#3 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

the car-boot gods have been kind again ,from the carboot next to b&q warrington a nice 5 sheet paper shredder for £1 :P , which im hoping i can remove a couple of the blades inside so instead of cutting a 8mm strip it will cut a 20mm strip, handy for pasteing me thinks?
next off a big ass dehumidifier, something ive been after for ages, retro woodwork styling but it sucks for fun, so i can live with that, a real bitch to carry back to the car, but at £8! nice
thirdly from bolton market car boot a retro (got a soft spot for retro lol) 60's " stanley bridges" drill-to-table saw for £9, maybe for rocket sticks? not ripping down 18mm ply sheets lol, hoping to fit a modern carbide tipped blade to this
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by dr thrust, 22 April 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#4 Evails The Red Button

Evails The Red Button

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Never mind car boot sale. Try industrial state skips :P. Brand new bench power supply in box, 2.6ghzish range PCs, 400-700mhz laptops, lots & lots & lots of cables, flight cases, components, cheap penknife, USB DVD drive, big CRT screens. You name it and you can probably find it! The waste is amazing :blink:!

#5 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

I made a few videos on the matter, some of the tooling will aid my pyro tooling  work some wont!

http://www.youtube.c...g5CeCSHmYOnxKPA

http://youtu.be/9P3DAhjin2A

Edited by dr thrust, 17 August 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#6 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

This is what I got on Sunday from my local car boot for a grand sum of £3, yep, three quid.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN2231.JPG

Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#7 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

Car boot pyro YES! Well done deano

Edited by dr thrust, 17 August 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#8 megabusa

megabusa

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

This is what I got on Sunday from my local car boot for a grand sum of £3, yep, three quid.

Those are good fun. Just need a big area to launch as they can drift a fair distance.

With the C motors you have, they will go quite high. Some of the smaller rockets can approach 3000 ft. Yes we lost it !

Problem is, the motors are a bit of a rip off. Guess you could try refilling them .....

#9 whoof

whoof

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

No photo but a couple of years ago I found someone with four packs of f24 aerotech reloads at a boot sale, 50 p each.
Lady had no clue what they were !

#10 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

Those are good fun. Just need a big area to launch as they can drift a fair distance.

With the C motors you have, they will go quite high. Some of the smaller rockets can approach 3000 ft. Yes we lost it !

Problem is, the motors are a bit of a rip off. Guess you could try refilling them .....

I'm tempted to sacrifice one of the motors and do a dissection so that I can copy them. As it happens, it's the Estes "C" comp that I use in my rockets now, but I want to do some tests on grams per cm2 so that I can press them right, make some tooling to match and also see how they are put together because in that little motor there is nozzle, thrust, delay (smoke comp) and ejection comp to deploy the chute. It should be easy enough  :blink:  :D

Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#11 The Legendary Graham

The Legendary Graham

If it goes bang its ace.

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

the car-boot gods have been kind again ,from the carboot next to b&q warrington a nice 5 sheet paper shredder for £1 tongue.gif , which im hoping i can remove a couple of the blades inside so instead of cutting a 8mm strip it will cut a 20mm strip, handy for pasteing me thinks?
next off a big ass dehumidifier, something ive been after for ages, retro woodwork styling but it sucks for fun, so i can live with that, a real bitch to carry back to the car, but at £8! nice
thirdly from bolton market car boot a retro (got a soft spot for retro lol) 60's " stanley bridges" drill-to-table saw for £9, maybe for rocket sticks? not ripping down 18mm ply sheets lol, hoping to fit a modern carbide tipped blade to this
cimg1397x.jpg
cimg1403b.jpg
cimg1406c.jpg

That dehumidifier is worth its weight in gold its amazing what that thing will pull out of a room you thought was moisture free.

We dont do girly shows.!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users