#1 Sparky

Sparky

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

Hi all

Can anyone explain to me why Sulphur behaves so strangely when it's really finely powdered and dry. It sticks to everything like it's statically charged.

When I'm wazzing it through a coffee grinder it is actually quite a pain to get it all out. I've resorted to grinding it with the Charcoal at the same time just to make it all less messy.

#2 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Sulphur can become statically charged. In fact if you melt it and make a sheet out of it, bright light can statically charge it. You can make a primitive photocopier plate out of it by putting a plastic sheet with an image on it and exposing it to the sun. Remove the sheet and all of the unmasked areas will attract toner as they have a charge.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#3 bangkokpyro

bangkokpyro

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'm curious as to why you need to grind your Sulphur? The only Sulphur I have ever seen or used is fine powder already, probably in the order of 400mesh.

#4 Sparky

Sparky

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm curious as to why you need to grind your Sulphur? The only Sulphur I have ever seen or used is fine powder already, probably in the order of 400mesh.

I don't really now but I did to start with thinking I needed to :unsure:

It was when I was drying some in the oven it did the same thing and reminded me to ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users