• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Miller

Sam Miller

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

This is a video of my firework display which I made this year :) all hand made :)

Sam
  • Vic likes this
I am a artist in many ways but I can not draw...

http://www.youtube.c...0123legoman3210

#2 Mortartube

Mortartube

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

Great stuff. It's not until you have actually made stuff that you can appreciate the huge amount of work that you put into that.
Organisation is a wonderful trait in others

#3 pyrothrust

pyrothrust

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Interesting !!! and you include a photo of yourself stating that they are all handmade .

#4 starseeker

starseeker

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

You must be well chuffed,as mortertube said,a massive amount of work there to get those ready for you display,some nice shells.

#5 Sparky

Sparky

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Looks great! I know how much work that involved too. I bet you learned a huge amount from it too.

#6 Bob Twells

Bob Twells

UKPS Web Admin

• UKPS Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

A lot of hard work in there, you must be really pleased with the results! All looked great, especially the finale!

#7 Sam Miller

Sam Miller

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Thanks everyone! :D Yeah it was alot of hard work! Its hard juggling fireworks and A-levels! ;) I experimented with a new pasting technique not the 3 strip, it saves ALOT of time :) but I think I could have done 2 layers of it instead of 1 :) basically its similar to the Chinese pasting machines and how they past shells. It gives nice breaks but not as perfect as 3 strip, but nice if you want to produce a load of shells quickly.

Next project is to build an electronic igniter which I can program instead of having to use fuses for all the timings :)

#8 Sparky

Sparky

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Hi Sam,

I do think they need a bit more pasting though. I find if you get everything prepared nicely to do a batch at a time you can paste a lot more shells than you think. If you use good strong paper and paste I find the 3 strip method can be really effective with as little as 3 layers (6 in reality due to the process of course) even on 3 and 4 inch shells.

In your video you can actually see how some of the shells are breaking where the hemispheres join. You could also try boosting the break a bit more but then you need to make sure your prime is up to the job I guess.

Still look great though.

#9 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Awesome Sam, one hell of a achievement and I admire your sprite :)
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#10 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Terrific Sam, I hope you consider becoming a fully paid up UKPS member sometime in the near future!

#11 Sam Miller

Sam Miller

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi Sam,

I do think they need a bit more pasting though. I find if you get everything prepared nicely to do a batch at a time you can paste a lot more shells than you think. If you use good strong paper and paste I find the 3 strip method can be really effective with as little as 3 layers (6 in reality due to the process of course) even on 3 and 4 inch shells.

In your video you can actually see how some of the shells are breaking where the hemispheres join. You could also try boosting the break a bit more but then you need to make sure your prime is up to the job I guess.

Still look great though.

I slightly altered the pasting for the last couple of shells and it seams to have worked, if you see there are better breaks for the last lot of shells :) but thanks for your advice and i may try the strong paper and glue 3 strip soon :)

#12 Sam Miller

Sam Miller

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Terrific Sam, I hope you consider becoming a fully paid up UKPS member sometime in the near future!

I am! :D I've got the card and everything, but I don't know how to change it on here? :wacko:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users