• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Whilst looking through an american supply site, just to see if they sell anything different, I noticed they sell potassium nitrate and perc ready milled with cab-o-sil. The price was nearly half again so I presume it makes a big difference to keep it free flowing. I use cab-o-sil every day at work with fibreglass so I know all about it's characteristics, but how much should I mill with my nitrate and perc to keep it flowing.

Stay safe 

Dean

Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#2 cooperman435

cooperman435

UKPS Caretaker & Bottlewasher

• Admin
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

I use about 10% by volume which I dare say is maybe 2% by weight and it does the trick very nicely

#3 dr thrust

dr thrust

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Anything from .25% to 3% although higher levels wash out colours, here's a link to all the other crap in perc affecting colour http://www.pyrobin.c...loratenotes.pdf

#4 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Cheers fellas, we'll give a bash

Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#5 dave

dave

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Anything from .25% to 3% although higher levels wash out colours, here's a link to all the other crap in perc affecting colour http://www.pyrobin.c...loratenotes.pdf

pharmaceutically 0.1 to 0.5% tops is used.

anything over 0.5% generally does give further flow improvement

if you plot a graph of % added vs flow rate it generally plateaus off or actually decreases flow at higher levels.

however, higher levels will perhaps be more usefull in preventing aglomeration / cohesiveness

flow and aglomeration are seperate issues

dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users