4 replies to this topic

#1 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 05:56 AM

Sure would be handy if one of you techno wizards would come up with a calculator that will give the size of an insert(or pumped star) if you enter the number of inserts that you want in a particular sized shell. Or even the other way around.

#2 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:48 AM

Thats a good idea, I will give it a go

Stuart

#3 Stuart

Stuart

BPS Member

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:33 AM

There are problems that arise for a calculator. Everyones BP (or what ever your break is) is diffrent quality. Because we are working with volumes rather than weight, it will pose a problem. We need to estimate an approximate volume of break required for each size of shell. I am using mm as my units and was thinking of something like everything bellow 30mm will want 1cm cube of break. Everything below 50mm will want 2cm cube of break etc.

Stuart

#4 The_Djinn

The_Djinn

Light Up The Sky - KF Pyro Crew

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 09:04 AM

There is a calculator of Passfire that you input the shell diameter and the diameter of your star and then it returns how many stars are needed for that particular shell.
I guess is you use the same formula you could tell it the shell diameter and how many stars you wanted and it would return the optimun star diameter.

Mark
KF Pyro Crew
BPA L1 & L2

#5 bernie

bernie

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 02:07 PM

Thanks Mark. It never even occured to me to look on Passfire. Too late, my brain hurts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users